Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
~Need advice~ Pup hurt his head

mic
Novice

Apr 20, 2004, 11:41 AM

Post #1 of 2 (921 views)
Shortcut
~Need advice~ Pup hurt his head Can't Post

Hi, my pup is 3 months old and has bumped into a wall and hit his head. It doesn't seem swollen but I'm still worrying. Does applying ice on the head do any good? Or is there initial thing I can do before taking him for the vet?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 20, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #2 of 2 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mic] ~Need advice~ Pup hurt his head [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

I would observe the puppy carefully ... a pup with head injury ... is likely to show some symptom e.g. like nausea/vomiting, dizziness, lethargy, lack of coordination in limbs ... essentially, your pup will not act normally ... and will show signs of discomfort.

But all that said ... errr ... puppies bump into things all the time ... and unless your puppy actually hit his/her head very hard, or fell from a height onto his/her head ... then there is probably nothing wrong with the pup ... The lack of any swelling is a very good sign ...

Unless your pup exhibits any of the above sumptoms ... it should be ok. Apply ice? ... Can also, no harm done. But place ice in plastic bag, you really don't want your pup to get wet with cold water.

But if you are at all still worried - take pup to vet.

It's impossible through a forum of this nature to provide any specific diagnosis of condition, and we can only cite generalities.

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Apr 20, 2004, 6:57 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my