Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
shih tzu 's confusion

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #1 of 14 (1943 views)
Shortcut
shih tzu 's confusion Can't Post

sorry, im not sure where to place this as its not only about vaccinations, its mainly about my shih tzu's health. want to be 100% sure , dont want my baby to suffer later on Laugh in my shih tzu's vaccination or medical paper, under the Vaccination part there are 2 stickers. 1) FORT DODGE LCI-GP ( Leptospira Canicola-Grippotyhosa-Icterohaemorrhagiaea-Pomona Bacetrin/Bacterina de Leptospira Canicola-Grippotyphosa-Icterohaemorrrhagiae-Pomona) 2) FORT DODGE DURAMUNE Max-5 ( Canine Distemper-Adenovirus Type-2-Parainfluenza-Parvovirus Vaccine/ Vacuna de Moquillo Canino-Adenovirus Tipo 2-Parainfluenza-Parvovirus) erm... phew, at last i typed all .. kekke... wat did the owner give those vaccines? both are vaccnies? or one of it heartworm/deworm? coz the owner did told me that she has given him deworm once.... how much u all vaccinated / deworm for? wat u recommend for deworm / heartworm ?? the owner did asked me to use back their vet, but scared they pakat too, say my shih tzu is in good health...or wat.... or recommend me a vet from melawati/setapak area? if no good vets here, recommend me somewhere else its ok? and not too expensive ya... reasonable and good ones??

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 26, 2005, 10:42 PM

Post #2 of 14 (1915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shuwen84] shih tzu 's confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Shuwen84,

Welcome to the world of confuse dog ownership. Please let us in the forum know where you reside and then maybe a vet can be recommended to you.

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2005, 11:37 PM

Post #3 of 14 (1908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] shih tzu 's confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

ok... im currently now in melawati/setapak area in KL....

i just called a vet in jalan genting klang, anyone been there?

how is the shop??

May
Old Hand

Sep 27, 2005, 12:54 AM

Post #4 of 14 (1906 views)
Shortcut

I think there's only one animal clinic in Jln Genting Klang run by an Indian/Singh vet. I went there twice and I dun recommend u to go to this clinic. Me n my dog dun have good experience there.

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Sep 27, 2005, 1:03 AM

Post #5 of 14 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] shih tzu 's confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

can give details of wat happened there?

rusty
Novice

Sep 30, 2005, 6:39 AM

Post #6 of 14 (1878 views)
Shortcut

The vaccine which your Shih Tzu received was a 9 in 1 vaccine. This is considered as the second most comprehensive one shot vaccine behind 10 in 1 vaccine. Basically, your puppy was being vaccinated against 9 diseases of which some could be transmitted to human being. There is no deworming or heartworm prevention at all in the vaccine. Your next vaccination date should be stated on the card and prefably you should try to get the same type of vaccine or consider the 10 in 1. In short, same one or upgrade. If you were to downgrade and use 7 in 1 or 8 in 1, certain disease would not get booster effect and therefore your Shih Tzu would lose out in terms of protection. Hope this helps.

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2005, 6:44 AM

Post #7 of 14 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rusty] shih tzu 's confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for ur help

she is due her 2nd vaccination tmr.

but i think she has a bit of flu, i guess so...

actually was supposed to bath her b4 vaccination but now she has flu, i dunno whether or not to bath her..and i did heard that she is not supposed to be vaccinated with flu right?

another question is about her food, i did post the question in the food forum but no replies there, hope u can help

how much do u all feed your puppies? same as the recommendations behind the pack? coz the seller asked me to feed her only 1 1/2 table spoon per meal for 3 times per day.

im using eukanuba. on the recommended dosage , its more than double the seller asked me to feed

how much do i actually need to feed? as my lil puppy of 2 months eats very fast... i think no matter how much i feed her she will eat!! how do i know when is she full?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 30, 2005, 7:13 PM

Post #8 of 14 (1868 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Sorry for getting back to you so late. The vet you call is probably the one I am about to give you and he is recommended by my vet. The contact is 03 4023-8272 or 012 693-2928, Dr. Dilip Kumar Ghosh. He may the same one a member of the forum is not fond of so you have to make the last call. All the best, just for your information my vet is located in P.J., near Gasing Hill.

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2005, 9:10 PM

Post #9 of 14 (1860 views)
Shortcut

oh..thanks for ur help

im going there now.. tell u all how it went when im back....

PSY, do u know ang[e]L??

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2005, 11:23 PM

Post #10 of 14 (1854 views)
Shortcut

went to the vet d lorr

took my Rainbow for 2nd jab... so pain,,kesian her =P
the doctor also put her up on heartguard and deworm.....

so i went home and mixed the biscuitlike pill to her....

after that her stools become watery wor... wat happened huh/?

i cannot pick them up anymore, must use cloth to wipe wpe...

is this normal???

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 3, 2005, 6:44 AM

Post #11 of 14 (1842 views)
Shortcut

Not to worry just yet give it a day or two, if it still run, ring the vet up and ask. Some medications have some effects on dogs same as some medications for humans.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 3, 2005, 6:48 AM

Post #12 of 14 (1832 views)
Shortcut

No, I do not believe so.

streal
New User

Oct 3, 2005, 7:14 AM

Post #13 of 14 (1825 views)
Shortcut

watery poo??? thats bad... just like PSY say... ring up ur vet lo if things get outta hand... dont worry... i'm like u, first hand in pets :D might get all jumpy over everything... my lab just got his third jab and he's ok...:D and Hi PSY... i'm having me end of the year test, so i hav a lot to do, thats y i seldom posts these few months~ hahahah.. sorry ^^

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Oct 3, 2005, 9:12 PM

Post #14 of 14 (1807 views)
Shortcut

thanks all for ur help!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my