pls help: dog urine with blood

yeen
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2006, 8:24 PM

Post #1 of 15 (1508 views)
Shortcut
pls help: dog urine with blood Can't Post

hi,

my cocker has blood in her urine since last saturday, and she doesn't drink a lot of water like she used to. I just spayed her about one month ago. The vet suspected bladder infection and gave her some antibiodics and supplements. Anyone faces this problem before? mind to share some knowledge? Thanks.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2006, 10:06 PM

Post #2 of 15 (1501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeen] pls help: dog urine with blood [In reply to] Can't Post

when i first adopted my pug, she was peeing only droplets of urine WITH blood... an x-ray showed she had bladder stone... a big one at that! took her for a surgery, got the stone out and she's been well since... except for one incident mths after the surgery when she urinated and i saw blood dripping... i dunno the cause of that but it was just tat one time...

it may be bladder infection as your vet suggests... if that doesn't clear up after the course of antibiotics, then maybe an x-ray would be able to indicate if there are crystals or stones in the bladder which cause the bleeding...

one useful tip from a vet for dogs who do not drink as much water as they should be, is to try feeding them fruits with a lot of water content, like watermelon and pear... i tried on my dog and she loves them... but do not give too much fruit or else they'll get stomach discomfort...

hope all is well with your cocker... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

yeen
Dog Kichi

Nov 1, 2006, 2:07 AM

Post #3 of 15 (1494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] pls help: dog urine with blood [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your quick response and your sharing Smile

Will bring her to the vet if she still has blood in urine after the antibiotic. I tried to mix some sugar in her drinking water to make her drink more, but failed. Your idea is a very good one, but she doesn't like to eat fruit... she will just lick/smell a while and leave the fruit behind... Unsure

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 1, 2006, 2:37 AM

Post #4 of 15 (1492 views)
Shortcut

i dunno if it'll work if you try to cut the watermelon/ pear in small bite sizes and mix it with her kibbles... it'll be like a salad bowl for her! Cool

or maybe instead of sugar, u can try using glucose? or maybe that'll have the same result? Crazy

hmmmmm... i also cannot think of how else to make yr dog drink more water... maybe u try searching the internet, sometimes u get good information from there... or maybe ask yr vet to advice... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

yeen
Dog Kichi

Nov 1, 2006, 5:24 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1485 views)
Shortcut

ahahaha... i mix her drink with fruit juice and she drinks... heheee... yesterday didn't see her bleed anymore

thanks for your sharing

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 1, 2006, 6:19 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1480 views)
Shortcut

hi,

u add sugar in the water? hmmmm.....mayb u can try glucose...my fren;s dog oso doesn;t like to drink water..so she feeds him with glucose drink or even barley (but of course no barley inside the water anymore when u feed him/her la)....mayb this will make them drink more...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 1, 2006, 8:03 PM

Post #7 of 15 (1478 views)
Shortcut

ahh, that's good to know... great job! Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

yeen
Dog Kichi

Nov 13, 2006, 6:49 PM

Post #8 of 15 (1446 views)
Shortcut

aiii... my dog has urine in the blood again last saturday. Unsure now she is with the vet. need to go for x-ray to confirm whether she has bladder stone. poor girl, when i left her with the vet, she look so sad holding at the cage door... look like begging me not to leave her there... haiii...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 13, 2006, 8:43 PM

Post #9 of 15 (1443 views)
Shortcut

ah i'm sorry to hear that... i read somewhere that even tho a bladder infection is treated, it will come back again... sigh... well, let's see what the x-ray shows... do keep us posted...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

yeen
Dog Kichi

Nov 20, 2006, 7:45 PM

Post #10 of 15 (1427 views)
Shortcut

hi Ai Ney,

x-ray shows no stone in bladder. Now on medication for the infection and supplement for the internal layer of the bladder. Hope she will recover soon, if not i also bankcrupt loh... Crazy

Thanks for your concern

sun-arrow

Dec 10, 2006, 5:48 AM

Post #11 of 15 (1408 views)
Shortcut

For urinary tract infection, do give cranberry or blueberry supplements, solid gold has one called berry balance

Cranberry juice and tablets of cranberry juice extract might help a dog with chronic bladder infections. Cranberry juice imparts an acidic (lower) pH to the urine. Acidic urine can help prevent or eliminate bacterial infections of the urinary tract. At least two bacterial inhibitors in cranberry juice, long believed to reduce bladder infections in humans, may protect dogs against urinary tract infections.

Always check with your veterinarian before adding supplements, even those that seem as safe as cranberry juice. Prolonged overacidification of the urine could lead to some types of bladder stones, such as calcium oxalates.

Can read more about cranberry and bladder problems here

My supervisor put a quarter teaspoon of organic honey (from health food shop, not those with lots of sugar) into her dog's drinking water, in order to make her silky drink more.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 5, 2007, 6:08 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1377 views)
Shortcut

yeen...

how ur cutie now? well ade?

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

yeen
Dog Kichi

Feb 8, 2007, 10:46 PM

Post #13 of 15 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] pls help: dog urine with blood [In reply to] Can't Post

so far so good... put on special diet from the vet. thanks ya Smile

yeen
Dog Kichi

Feb 8, 2007, 10:48 PM

Post #14 of 15 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sun-arrow] pls help: dog urine with blood [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your info...

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 9, 2007, 6:50 PM

Post #15 of 15 (1363 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
so far so good... put on special diet from the vet. thanks ya Smile

yeen..

oh good la .. im glad to hear ur cutie in good condition now...

u mean ur vet gives u a menu for preparation of food for ur dog?

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my