Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
vommit after meal !

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 4, 2002, 9:13 PM

Post #1 of 21 (10201 views)
Shortcut
vommit after meal ! Can't Post

i feed my silky twice a day, kibble (science diet) with little milk n honey. he likes very much since i put some honey on it and finish it. but after 1 hr later, he vommits the kibble with some yellowish.

wat happen to him actually? eat too fast? but seem not the case cos last time i fed only kibble he also eat very fast but no vommit!

can anyone help me to solve this doubt? thanks! Laugh

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 10:16 PM

Post #2 of 21 (10192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yuki79] vommit after meal ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi yuki79,

It could be due to indigestion.but not too worry about it. If persists, then consult the vet.
also, it's good to skip the honey for the time being.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

(This post was edited by cdmoo on Oct 4, 2002, 10:26 PM)

May
Old Hand

Oct 4, 2002, 10:18 PM

Post #3 of 21 (10191 views)
Shortcut

Maybe you could try to skip the honey and monitor her situation.

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 4, 2002, 10:36 PM

Post #4 of 21 (10187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] vommit after meal ! [In reply to] Can't Post

May & CDMoo,

thanks ur kindness.

do honey will have side effect after consume by puppy? i jst feed him abt 0.05ml honey in order to make the kibble more tasty. otherwise he won't touch the food! Mad

will indigestion lead the puppy unhealth in long-term? how to improve his digestion system?

kindly regards,

Yuki Wink

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 11:15 PM

Post #5 of 21 (10183 views)
Shortcut

hi yuki79,

u own a silky terrier rite? (by the way, could u pls. update your personal profile : "Type of dogs currently kept" ... so that we don't have to search thru your old postings about your details... TQ Sly)

I think 0.05ml is negligible to cause the 'damage' ( but i wonder how did u measure 0.05ml Crazy)

Anyway, there r few reasons y pups/dogs vomit:

1. indigestion - could be swallowed the food too fast, too soon.. (Happened to Rex before)

2. generally sick

3. excessive exercise just before/after consumed the food. (Happened to Rex before)

4. food poisoning

5. food allergies (Happened to Rex before)

6. others.. (which I could not think of at the moment Wink)

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

wkser
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2002, 12:03 AM

Post #6 of 21 (10179 views)
Shortcut

hi yuki,
if not mistaken i think you feed abit to much in the amount at one time........cause the kibble will get blooted in the tummy when it was soak with water that they drink.......

regards
kangser and nous

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 5, 2002, 12:59 AM

Post #7 of 21 (10170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] vommit after meal ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi everyone,

aiyo CDMoo, cos i just take very little honey to make the kibble got honey taste only. 0.05ml is just my estimation cos i alway use dispenser to feed him "nutricoat" and oral medicine which is for skin problem! Cool so i'm now expert in estimating "ml" since i bring him to my home. hahaha.... Blush (p/s: CDMoo, who is Res?)

wsker, i think i have no overfed him. i feed him twice a day, no more than 40g per meal.

actually i feed him <40g with little milk. but he dun want to eat!! so this 2 days i mixed with some honey, which just abt 0.05ml Laugh! and i found tat he can finish all within 5 mins!! so great! Sly but after abt 1 hr, he vomit some of he kibbles (the kibble still a cantik cantik!) with some yellowish! Unsure

however, he still very active, playful, appetite and healthy! Angelic

so wat's going on with him????? any expert here to solve my query???

thanks. Wink

regards,

Yuki

May
Old Hand

Oct 5, 2002, 1:08 AM

Post #8 of 21 (10167 views)
Shortcut

Rex is cdmoo's labrador retriever.

Did you purchase the science diet small bites puppy for your doogie. Mine was on small bites before and then I purchase the normal one for small breed. The size of the kibbles was bigger than the small bites kibbles. My doggie had problem digesting it and she vomited after each meal. But after a few days she was alright.

How old is your doggie? Maybe you could try to mix the kibbles with fish or meat rather than with honey.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2002, 1:11 AM

Post #9 of 21 (10167 views)
Shortcut

hi Yuki79,

Rex is my dog. Smile

Was that 5 ml that u r trying to feed? Becoz' 0.05ml is just TOO LITTLE Shocked

Anyway, as I said in my 1st posting, just observe her for a few more days. If the vomitting persists, then only consult the vet.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 5, 2002, 1:14 AM

Post #10 of 21 (10167 views)
Shortcut

hello CDMoo,

i knew who is Rex already! ur lovely doggy rt? hehe.......

actually my silky, Daren vomit not due to exercise aggressively cos he was in his cage! Cool

regards,

yuki

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 6, 2002, 6:03 AM

Post #11 of 21 (10150 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yuki....if he didn't vomit when u were just feeding him kibbles and only started vomitting after you added honey into his diet, then chances are it's probably due to the honey....why don't u try giving him just plain kibbles and see whether he still vomit after that? Instead of honey you can try adding life cultured plain yoghurt.

(This post was edited by ginl on Oct 6, 2002, 6:04 AM)

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 6, 2002, 5:55 PM

Post #12 of 21 (10143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] vommit after meal ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ginl,

he din vomit after i have fed him 2 meals with milk but without honey. cos the food not so nice so he eats slowly n left a bit kibbles for me. Unsure

when i fed him only kibbles, he never touch the food at all!!! Mad

i think most of the reason is because of the honey. wah, only very very little honey can cause him vomitting. huh........

regards,

Yuki Wink

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2002, 6:21 PM

Post #13 of 21 (10129 views)
Shortcut

hi everyone,

my silky's situation has changed! last nite i fed him kibble with milk, he din vomit at all. great! Smile

but this morning i feed the same things he's vomitting. how come? Pirate

i bring him to vet n check, everything going well to my silky n he is healthy.

can anyone tell me y my silky still vomitting without honey feeding? will it be problem with inside organs?

thanks.

regards,

yuki Wink

delithra

Oct 8, 2002, 6:29 PM

Post #14 of 21 (10125 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yuki

I seem to have the a similar problem with Axel. he vomitted digested kibble with yellowis bile which i found in the morning at 6.15am. i fed him at 7am, and he was fine. then he was given one treat at 1 pm.

at 5pm we found the same thing, but very little (3 drops). at 7.00pm i fed him again, and this morning at 6.15am, i found a little vomit.

no smell. it looks totally digested, because the kibble is in watery form.

i am taking him to the vet tody and will let you know.

(the first time he vomitted i also noticed a small piece of plastic bag, but today there was nothing but vomit).

deli

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Oct 8, 2002, 7:24 PM

Post #15 of 21 (10120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delithra] vommit after meal ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

Just a suggestion , when my doggie is vommiting last time my dad used to feed them with Glucose ( brand Glucolin - the natural flavor (blue tin ) ) . They will take it cos it's sweet and also it's helps prevent dehydration cos it's meant for ppl who are recuperating from sick ...
A Dog Never Lies About Love

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2002, 10:33 PM

Post #16 of 21 (10113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] vommit after meal ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi kathleen,

i have tried ur way to feed my silky with Glucose (kibbles mix with milk n Glucose(for human use)). unfortunately, he still vomitting!

i ask my vet again, if still like tat. my pup have to go for blood test to test liver, kidney........ if cant find any problem, then have to send to UPM for x-ray.

wah! i'm so frustrated after listen to the vet. i'm now just hoping tat nothing happen to my pup.

can anyone answer my question:

Q: do any skin medicine (eg: fungus tablet.....) will cause any side effect such as liver problem...... because my silky take a lot of medicine (eg: flu, painkiller, fungus tablet, and other tablet/oral for anti skin problem.....) since i have bought my pup.

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2002, 11:09 PM

Post #17 of 21 (10106 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Yuki

I seem to have the a similar problem with Axel. he vomitted digested kibble with yellowis bile which i found in the morning at 6.15am. i fed him at 7am, and he was fine. then he was given one treat at 1 pm.

at 5pm we found the same thing, but very little (3 drops). at 7.00pm i fed him again, and this morning at 6.15am, i found a little vomit.

no smell. it looks totally digested, because the kibble is in watery form.

i am taking him to the vet tody and will let you know.

(the first time he vomitted i also noticed a small piece of plastic bag, but today there was nothing but vomit).

deli

hi deli,

the differences bet mine n yours is, my pup has vomit those kibbles tat r still completely and with yellowish bile n watery too.

does it mean it haven digested?

regards,

Yuki

delithra

Oct 14, 2002, 4:56 AM

Post #18 of 21 (10094 views)
Shortcut

My Vet said nothing was wrong witth Axel as he looked fine. But he did vomit on saturday morning. I didnt feed him after that (his normal feed is at 7am), and then he vomitted yellow bile at about 10am.

took him to the Vet and my Vet asked us to feed him with Science Diet- Prescription i/d (u can read more abt it here http://www.hillspet.com/...rescription_diet.jsp)

"For the Nutritional Management of Pets with Gastrointestinal Disorders
Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders affect the stomach and intestines, causing painful symptoms and problems with your dog’s overall health. Some of the more common symptoms include vomiting, regurgitation, flatulence, weakness, diarrhea or constipation. Prescription Diet® Canine i/d® was developed to help manage dogs with GI disorders. There are several types of GI disorders that affect dogs, including colitis, constipation/diarrhea, gastroenteritis and pancreatitis. "

anyway we FINALLY found out what was wrong with him!! he didnt vomit after eating that yesterday, but today in his stool, i found this long piece of pillow stuffing mixed with grass roots, and lots of threads (like from a mop) which is from his squeaky dog toy(it all came out in soft stool form), and he is fine now! (he had ingested the pillow stuffing abt a week ago, but we thought he didnt eat much!!)

So thats why he was eating grass to vomit it out, but he couldnt, because the amount was quite big! With Axel, he was eating his kibble but he was vomitting 10 hours after eating, and about 10-20% of the food will come out, all digested, and the other 80-90% comes out as hard stools. So there was no way for this pillow stuffing and all to come out in hard stool.

so the food made his stool soft when his stool is normaly hard like van houten.

ps- my vet is brilliant and we sent him a mocha chocolate cake!

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 14, 2002, 8:04 AM

Post #19 of 21 (10090 views)
Shortcut

Glad to know Axel is alright and you found out the cause of his vomitting....my dog swallowed some leaves stem before and he had a bad case of diarrhea after that....but eventually he passed out the stem.....dogs huh....they'll eat anything....just gotta be extra careful with them!

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Oct 14, 2002, 6:06 PM

Post #20 of 21 (10078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] vommit after meal ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi deli,

my pup so far already stop vomitting after take the medicine from vet.

my vet said tat my pup inside got "fur ball" especially for long fur dog. cos the bite their skin n eat their fur. accumulated it it become a fur ball inside his stomach, which lead him can't digest n vomitting.

so the vet recommend me buy the Laxapet Gel (hair digestion) for him. wah quite lot of stool after he had consumed the gel.

haha.......both our pup stop vomiting already........ Wink congratulation........!

regards,

Yuki Tongue

boon
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2002, 6:15 PM

Post #21 of 21 (10077 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yuki,

Great to hear that from u. Hug ur pups on my behalf.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my