Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Public Vets/Pets Hospital??

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2003, 7:33 PM

Post #1 of 16 (2156 views)
Shortcut
Public Vets/Pets Hospital?? Can't Post

Hello... i am just wondering if anyone knows where to send your pet to if there's an emergency in the wee am hours n u cant get hold of the vet..is there a hospital for pets like us?

I heard there r public vets around too.. does anyone know where they r? Are they good?

houyee
Novice

Jul 19, 2003, 11:23 AM

Post #2 of 16 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Public Vets/Pets Hospital?? [In reply to] Can't Post

most vets won't entertain after office hour calls. but it won't hurt to ask your own vet on a normal visit. it would be very annoying to call them anytime you please (etiquette) & i suppose you can send your pets to the UPM hospital or any private animal hospitals (saw a couple on the road from KL to cheras - anybody knows about these facilities?)

find out more bout the public vets here :-http://agrolink.moa.my/.../contact/clinic.html

they are not just in klang valley. as a matter of fact i have seen one in a small town like kuala kangsar. good luck in your hunt.
zippy 'rowena' kojak

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 20, 2003, 8:39 AM

Post #3 of 16 (2137 views)
Shortcut

hi xyne,SmileSmile

i have been to public vets..they're ok . I only went there for a routine vaccination for my dog. Everything went alright.

As for hospitals, I also know one. The vets there were GREAT. but the cost also had 4 digits. Had to send my dog there for an emergency at 1 am or so on a Sunday.

well..i guess you could also call your vet..that is if you have been a regular for sometime. Some vets don't mind,some do.

Hope you will never have to send your doggies there.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 20, 2003, 9:18 AM

Post #4 of 16 (2135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Public Vets/Pets Hospital?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

was wondering which hospital you went?

also am really curious to know what emergency happened to your dog that costed a whoping 4 digits worth of treatment???? is he okay now???

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2003, 8:07 AM

Post #5 of 16 (2128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Public Vets/Pets Hospital?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hunter,

I went to one in Jalan Tun Razak. It's the only real animal HOSPITAL I've been too.

Hypo-calcimia. She had a litter of puppies. So we literally let the puppies drink the life out of here...I feel so guilty...I thought she was being an inexperience mother coz when the puppies were halfway drinking she would just get out of the cage. So we decided to just close the cage door. One day..she looked like she had wobbler's disease. Cannot walk properly..wobbling..then couldn't get up(deteriorated in 10 mins) drooling non stop...eyes can't focus..moving...shaking like she had parkinson's. Really thought i was gonna lose her. aiyoh...starting to cry adi..*sniff* anyway,panic like mad. Checked the yellow pages. Found the place. Hospitalised for a week. If I was 15 mins later,she would have brain-damage : the type which you can't repair.

This time we seperated the puppies so much,only allowed 2 feeds a day and gave the puppies milk powder. But it still happened. Rushed her to the hospital again. Seems that she was still weak,even though the vet said 2 feeds a day was more than ok. This time she also nearly had breast cancer. Had to hospitalise her 4 days this time.

My GOD...i was sooo soo scared...i think i might have been the most petrified 12 yr old in the world.

But thank God(thank You! thank You! thank You!) she made it. Silky's doing great now. She's a fantastic doggie and I couldn't ask anything more of her.I'm so proud of her.SmileSmileSmileSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 21, 2003, 9:03 AM

Post #6 of 16 (2125 views)
Shortcut

hi,

wow. what an experience. well, don't feel so guilty, it wasn't quite what u expected and i'm sure u were only hoping for the best for the puppies and mom's health that time.

in many ways u were lucky to have rushed her earlier and still have her in one piece today :) so caring for a female dog after birth is just as tedious as caring for pups. many people do not know about that , including me i must say :/ i thought the pups were the priority. but it seems doggy mom's health should be kept in check after all.

no wonder the medical fees were four big digits. i'd say it's a price worth to pay in exchange for your pet's life :)

oh, btw, how were the pups???

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2003, 10:13 PM

Post #7 of 16 (2113 views)
Shortcut

it was definitely worth it Smile

the pups are doing fine. They're abt 2 yrs old now...not really pups anymore.TongueSmile chubby too.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2003, 10:15 PM

Post #8 of 16 (2113 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your concern.

SmileSmileyeah,it was definitely worth it,every single centSmileSmile.

the pups are doing great now. They're almost 2yrs old not..not really pups anymore SmileTongue chubby too.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Kowie
ALPHA

Jul 28, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #9 of 16 (2085 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Animal Medical Centre. Not really sure where it is though, somewhere in KL I think. It's 24 hrs. The number is 03-4042 5873. Got this of a 'useful numbers' thingie from a magazine so I don't know about the pricing, etc.

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2003, 8:56 PM

Post #10 of 16 (2074 views)
Shortcut

wa.. hope you never have to go thru that xp again.... my vet just told me if i have an emergency n i need to bring them there, i need a 1000 bucks ready before they will do anything to the dog... is that true? since you've been there before.. I'm just paranoid that anything serious will happen to the dogs and we r not prepared....

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 28, 2003, 9:19 PM

Post #11 of 16 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Public Vets/Pets Hospital?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Thanks for the number. Called up to check.. and just to highlight... the clinic is open from:

Mon - Fri 9am - 9pm,

Sat - 9am - 6pm

Sun -9am - 1pm

beyond those hours are considered emergency - DIFFERENT CHARGES!

But at least, there's somewhere for emergency 24 hours.

Kowie
ALPHA

Jul 28, 2003, 9:49 PM

Post #12 of 16 (2071 views)
Shortcut

Aiks!

If they require you to have that much $$ before they help your pet, it's a bit sucky right?? I thought vets are supposed to be like human doctors, save the life first then payment later?Unsure

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2003, 11:19 PM

Post #13 of 16 (2068 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the concern. Silky's spayed already..so no more problems like thatSmile

I'm not sure but when I sent the dog there I didn't remember him mentioning anything like that.Even if he did, I must have been crying too hard to hear anything...

Usually if it's an emergency...it's serious and most likely will cost you more than RM1000..if not also at least RM 500. If your dog needs observation,boarding itself will cost around RM 200++ or was RM 100++..well somewhere there. I'm not sure if they charge differently for a different sized dog (boarding).My dog is a cocker spaniel terrier mix. Not including medication of course. Calling him on a Sunday night would also cost some more RM 50-100.

Take care..hope you won't ever have to send your dog for any type of emergency.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2003, 1:34 AM

Post #14 of 16 (2058 views)
Shortcut

Tx for sharing with us, Chloé ... sure hope none of us have to go thru any emergency like tat....

funny why its so expensive for the boarding... it's almost like hotel room rates for us humans!!!.. but poor babies sleep in cage pulak with alot of other pets.......

UnimpressedUnimpressed

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2003, 2:20 AM

Post #15 of 16 (2050 views)
Shortcut

Your welcomeSmile Glad I could help.

Well,they are like human doctors. They save the dog's life first then they talk abt payment. I think they told amy abt the Rm1000 first so that she won't get too shocked.

Anyway,the doctors there are great.Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

xyne
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2003, 1:59 AM

Post #16 of 16 (2029 views)
Shortcut

CrazyCrazyCrazy
but i did !!!!!

heehee

Tongue

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my