i have an oversize min pin

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 9, 2003, 11:01 PM

Post #1 of 18 (1155 views)
Shortcut
i have an oversize min pin Can't Post

FrownFrownFrown hi,

my min pin is famous of being greedy.... i just dunno what to do ... last week i brought him to my uncle's house (the place he was born) to see his siblings ... i was in total shocked to see my min pin bro and sis cause they were little and kinda skinny ... and as for my minpin he is bigger nad fatter than his bro and sis plus my min pin has a huge tummy .... sigh...

he is always very greedy and he just won't stop eating and he just keeps begging for food .... sigh ... it's this normal ? any ideas?
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2003, 8:31 PM

Post #2 of 18 (1141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] i have an oversize min pin [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is. Well,just opinion-wise anyway.

I think its ok also as long as he's not unhealthy.

With the amount of love and attetion you give him together with the high-quality food, I'm not surprised. Smile

As long as he is happy and healthy, I guess its acceptable.Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 16, 2003, 12:11 AM

Post #3 of 18 (1133 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yumiko,

How old is your minpin ? I dunno abt u but Mocha is only greedy when it comes to her "special treats" where even without me giving the instruction on "sit, hand & down" she will do it automatically in order to get the treats faster ! LaughLaugh

other than that, she is definitely not greedy on her kibbles... eat as little as me ! but that is a good thing i guess, no need for food control and no worries that she will become too big a size (not that she is that small anyway)

cheers,
minglmy

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 16, 2003, 11:54 PM

Post #4 of 18 (1120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] i have an oversize min pin [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaugh

well, my minpin is about 2 yrs.... haha about what you have said, my little mitcher is very greedy at treats too... sometimes he will steal from the kitchen where he knows his treats were kept...

i dunno bout him ... he looks like really fat , but looking on the minpin i saw on the gathering on sunday , i kinda realised that my little mitcher boy is not as fast as he looks ...

did you saw the little fat min pin on that day ?
it's soooooo cute ... Laugh
i love to look at the little minpin... i have chat to the owner and the owner say it's ok... i mean if he's healthy ... Laugh

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 16, 2003, 11:56 PM

Post #5 of 18 (1119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] i have an oversize min pin [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughWink hi there ....

i guess you were right , unless he's unhealthy.... by the way he looks more healthy than me ...

i guess the ammount of love i gave him makes him goes more fatter evryday ... i guess i don't mind giving him more love....

LaughLaughLaugh

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 17, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #6 of 18 (1113 views)
Shortcut

glad to hear that Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 17, 2003, 8:13 AM

Post #7 of 18 (1111 views)
Shortcut

Hi Daphne,

Your mitcher boy is not that bad lar... he looks ok to me ! as for the other min pin I think the owner is called mei ling rite ? Myra's minpin was exceptionally small ! like a chi hua hua ! so cute...can dognapped lar !

cheers,
minglmy

ashley
ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 6:21 PM

Post #8 of 18 (1108 views)
Shortcut

Hi !! my fatty chihuahua also very fat !! she also very greedy to all human food.
When she see us eat any food she will run and jump infront of us !Crazy
But i like her baby fat look!! haha!!! expecially when she run, so cute!!
When u see my chihuahua u will know how a giant chihuahua look like lah!!BlushTongueLaugh
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 9:06 PM

Post #9 of 18 (1102 views)
Shortcut

hello all,

i was told by my dog's vet that dogs with a slim body could have longer life span. it's better to keep ur dog lean to ensure a healthy life in his senior years.

fatter dogs look much cuter than the thin ones (i really think that my GR will look nicer if he wears some extra fat), but i'd rather choose to make him live longer than trading long life with cute looks(sigh)

anyway, if your dog is at an adequate weight, u should be able to see a little of his ribs from the side (in the case of dogs with long hair, u should be able to easily feel the ribcage).

just sharing some thoughts and offering some suggestions. please dun get offended :)

regards,
hunter

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 9:44 PM

Post #10 of 18 (1100 views)
Shortcut

WinkLaughWink hi ming yang...

thanks for the credit on my little mitcher boy... haha i guess he doesn't look that bad after all... yup i guess the other owner is called mei ling.... can't believe her little minpin is as adorable as mine Tongue but to tell you the truth i do love to hug her minpin.... cause it's soooooooooo chubby....TongueLaugh

oh yeah, myra;s little minpin is sooo small, it does looks like a chi hua hua... soooooooo cute,Laugh
why we didn't think this on the first place.... just dognapped the little minpin... Tongue soooo cute....

your mocha is so obidient on that day, i don't see her being naughty on that day....

as for my little mitcher boy, after having sooo much fun on that day, he was tooooo sleeeeeepy and he slept all the way home ... haha... after the gathering my little mitcher doesn't kinda eat, i guess he misses all his furball frends... LaughUnsure

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 18, 2003, 9:33 AM

Post #11 of 18 (1090 views)
Shortcut

Hi Daphne,

Well, Mocha was only good on that day coz, she was very scared lar ! That was her 2nd time out to meet with so many dogs and all of them is sooooo BIG !

She too was very tired till she wanted to fall asleep on my lap. When i took her to the car, she went underneath the car to hide from the sun and after she sat in the car.... quickly went down to the leg room to hide as it was much cooler there and slept all the way home like a pig !

cheers,
minglmy

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 18, 2003, 9:32 PM

Post #12 of 18 (1083 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughTongue hi there ming yang..

haha... i guessall of our littke furballs are tired and happy on that day..

just can't wait for the next gathering on july 5th... hope to see mocha there... i bet mitcher boy will be delighted to see her ...

i'm sooo happy cause myra is going to bring her min pin and her new jrt j there.... dunno howher little tiny bubblewill look like on thatday... err...do you think bubbles will grow a little bigger by then? i kinda miss bubbles soo much cause she's extremely small.. hahaTongue

hmmm... i thought that minpin's themself dunno that they are small....
no wonder my little mitcherboy gave a fight with 2 gr... hahaha... he don't seem scared of them but then think he kinda misses them cause he eats kinda little.Unsure

i bet mitcher boy can't wait for the next gathering on that day...
is it advisable to let our doggies to walk about without having a leash on him? Unsure kinda worried.... any advice ?Smile

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 19, 2003, 6:07 AM

Post #13 of 18 (1074 views)
Shortcut

Hi Daphne,

Answer to your question : is it advisable to let our doggies to walk about without having a leash on him?

It really depends on your dog... how active is mitcher boy and will you be able to take care of him were he got chase by all the bigger dogs or will u be able to chase after him if he happens to run far-far away ? If not, and you are not so sure.... then better not lar.

I only let Mocha runs around free if mocha's daddy is around to help and take care of her. The last time what happened was that Mocha was loose and bizkit, byron & one lab ran after her till she got so scared and jump into the pond. Luckily Mocha's daddy was around to save the day for her or else....i dunno wat to do adi !

cheers,
minglmy

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 19, 2003, 7:46 PM

Post #14 of 18 (1066 views)
Shortcut

Laugh hi ming yang,

well after seeing your advice, i think i know what to do... but chery gan told me to let mitcher boy have a try to walk off leash, and see what will happen ...

if worst come to worst, then he has to walk with leash.... although i'm a little worried, i feel like trying it... but afriad of something bad will happen to him... Unsure

my sis will be coming on the gathering, i think she can help me to catch my little mitcher....haha...Laugh

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 20, 2003, 7:57 AM

Post #15 of 18 (1053 views)
Shortcut

Hi daphne,

Well like i say, it is solely depends on you as only you got a full understanding to your dog. Will he run ? and all that only u can answer.

if you want to try and got someone to help you with him were he to run away, then by all means... do it

cheers,
minglmy

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 20, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #16 of 18 (1045 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaugh yup .. i think he can lar .... not soo bad lar him.... but i will have to keep an eye on him sooo hthat he won't be bullied by others ... Tongue / er ... or he bully others... hahaha LaughLaugh

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 23, 2003, 4:56 AM

Post #17 of 18 (1038 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Its better to put on lead. Safety first, I'm not too worry on our min pin but on the bigger breed there are so many of them you would'nt know from which direction there are coming. There will turn our min into toy. Sorry... its not to scare you but its better to be safe. No offence.

Regards.

Augustmoon & Win

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 23, 2003, 6:56 PM

Post #18 of 18 (1035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Augustmoon] i have an oversize min pin [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaugh hi thanks for your advice,
i'll reconsidered again about this ... Laugh

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my