Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Which shampoo to use? And other questions...

poor_me
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2003, 2:15 AM

Post #1 of 8 (911 views)
Shortcut
Which shampoo to use? And other questions... Can't Post

Hi,

Well I have a few questions which I hope you guys/gals can help me out with;

1) My Lil' Monster is currently using a shampoo for puppies. I would like to use a better shampoo for his fur, maybe Bio-Groom, but I was told he is too young (4 months) to be using special shampoos. Is that true?

2) Lil' Monster has some skin problems one Pet-shop recommended a medicated shampoo; Another recommended some weird medication in which to soak the little fella's leg (affected area) in. Who to trust? Any other recommendations (i.e. special food etc)?

3) That little Peke's black colour is begining to be blended with some deep brownish tint. Is the shampoo (puppy shampoo!) too strong? Or is he changing colour (if that is possible)? I was told both his parents were brown (no idea how he turned up black - <theory> maybe one of his ancestors were black).

Thank you in Advance.

Cheers,
Alan. Daddy of Lil' Monster.

KEIDOU

Jun 3, 2003, 2:23 AM

Post #2 of 8 (909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [poor_me] Which shampoo to use? And other questions... [In reply to] Can't Post

HI, WELCOME U!!

my doggie hav problem of itchy n fur drop seriously.....i buy many product , still no work....

at last i bring her to vet....coz me hundred fifty!!!

vet say skin problem maybe coz by harmone or the nutrition of the doggie....check the food n what ur dog reaction to its problem?
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

archer
K9 Senior

Jun 3, 2003, 7:03 PM

Post #3 of 8 (902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [poor_me] Which shampoo to use? And other questions... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

1) Bio-Groom has shampoo for puppies too. I'm using that for Yoda. I believe puppies should use shampoo designed and formulated for puppies as from what I've read, their skin at this stage are pretty senstive.

2) I think advice from a certified professional would be more trust-worthy. Then again u may want to be a lil more specific on the type os skin problem to give the members a better understanding.

3) Puppies will shed their puppy fur to make way for new ones Smile usually the tint may change and at times the patterns too, of coz not till the extent that she/he looks totally different.

just muh 2 cents worth ...
Cheers!

visit the pug thread...

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jun 6, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #4 of 8 (879 views)
Shortcut

hello Alan,
It would be good if you can take your dog to vet for check-up. I don't believe shampoo can do wonders on skin allergies.
Vet would be the best person to advise on skin allergies (maybe change of food/ additional vit...).

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

poor_me
Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2003, 7:46 AM

Post #5 of 8 (854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [archer] Which shampoo to use? And other questions... [In reply to] Can't Post

errrrrr....... wierdest thing happening...

u mentioned item (3)

well, i just saw for myself that that is totally untrue...

my Lil' Monster is... was... totally soot black with a white streak (i have a pic in my intro). Now he is 60 percent * light brown * (i will try to get a new pic to show u guys the b and after) .... total change of hue... i asked around many people say that colours don't change that drastically but i see proof right before my eyes... they change their fur at months but such drastic one...?

geez... weird...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 22, 2003, 5:58 PM

Post #6 of 8 (841 views)
Shortcut

Hi poor_me (why your name so negative?,WinkJ/K)

How's your peke's skin doing?

Well, I had this puppy who was pure white and when he was 2 mth old he started developing light brown patches and spots on his face and legs..guess that's nothing compared to your peke.

As for his skin, maybe its his change of diet? Or skin allergy to something around him (plants,fibres,food. etc)

Best of all,consult your vetSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

poor_me
Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2003, 7:33 AM

Post #7 of 8 (835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Which shampoo to use? And other questions... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi RealityDreamer,

The skin problem is healing well, TQ. I'll just have to wait n see how the fur colour turns out.

Yeah, the nick is tad bit negative, but I have used it all the while for my e-mail and such. I am pretty negative all right. Optimists say a cup is half full, pessimists say is half empty, I say where the hell is the d*ned waiter? Smile

Regards
Alan

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 23, 2003, 7:45 AM

Post #8 of 8 (832 views)
Shortcut

lol

Let's all blame it on the waiter and not bother about being optimistic or pessimistic..heheSmile

He'll probably get a good lecture from the pessimist and a complain from the optimist.....
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my