Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Will ticks grow in human's hair?

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 22, 2004, 6:32 AM

Post #1 of 20 (1760 views)
Shortcut
Will ticks grow in human's hair? Can't Post

hi, my min pin have ticks on her body. I will search for the ticks whenever i see one of them crawling on her fur. And just now i have read on of the post here mention that the ticks' egg is in orange color. i do notice there is some orange color things tick on my doggie skin, i tot that is the wound after bitten by ticks. i just worried that the eggs or ticks will grow in my hair. anyone can help me on this?
libelly

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 22, 2004, 8:23 AM

Post #2 of 20 (1755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [libelly] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ... Have already made reply to your other post ... and have provided some websites for your reading ... You will find all the information you need from the websites.

Although ticks can bite humans ... ticks do not mutiply or reproduce on the host (whether dog or human) ... Ticks lay their eggs in cracks & crevices ... Which is why - if your dog is heavily infested - it may be necessary to detick your house & compound and destroy any eggs the ticks may have laid.

Cheers

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 1:01 AM

Post #3 of 20 (1729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope it wont, but somehow i feel that there is something moving in my hair. I hope i think too much on this. i already wash my hair twice since yesterday.
libelly

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 23, 2004, 1:22 AM

Post #4 of 20 (1724 views)
Shortcut

... Cool ... Get a friend or your mom to check your hair & head ... if got ticks - sure can see ...

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 23, 2004, 5:29 PM

Post #5 of 20 (1703 views)
Shortcut

i saw a show last night on Discovery Channel showing that ticks can attach itself to human hair and it will push toxin & poison in the blood stream. there are about 50 deaths from the year 1992 - 1997 (if i am not mistaken) in the USA caused by tick paralysis. mostly will attack children but some adults also kena.

if u feel ur hands numb, then u may have to check ur hair got tick or not. fortunately once the tick is removed, ur life is safe since the poison is short lived. same with our doggies, once the ticks are removed, ur dog chances to survive is very high, however it may be different with severely infested dogs.

burn ticks, don't squash them as they may bring disease, don't splat them either since they will still survive, best is to burn them.

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 6:21 PM

Post #6 of 20 (1696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

erm... how should i remove those ticks from my hair if i really kena? cannot be using frontline spray right?
libelly

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 23, 2004, 7:04 PM

Post #7 of 20 (1691 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

The following was posted to you earlier ... use the same method to remove ticks from people:

To remove a tick - you must hold the tick close to the skin of your dog and then pick - you must remove the WHOLE tick and do not leave its head or jaws behind in your dog's skin (otherwise, the left over head/jaws, can cause an infection) ...

Removing ticks:

www.furlongspetsupply.com/how_to_remove_ticks_from_a_dog.htm

www.dogrescue.fsnet.co.uk/drn/pages/ticks.htm

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Nov 23, 2004, 7:05 PM)

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 7:35 PM

Post #8 of 20 (1679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

erm....any other faster method to remove ticks for human being hair instead of catching the ticks one by one? just to make a thorough clean on the hair
libelly

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 23, 2004, 8:00 PM

Post #9 of 20 (1668 views)
Shortcut

libelly,

u got so many ticks on ur hair meh? if got many, u sure now end up in hospital already. ticks are easily spotted when already fat with blood.

dont' mistaken tick with human hair kutu..ticks once fat is about as big as the brown beetle. maybe u should check with ur doctor if u can wash ur hair in tick solution. ask ur family member to look at ur head lor..

my mom's maid (we have 2 maid before), one of the lady has kutu on her hair, the other girl go and spray baygon on the hair, all the kutu keluar already, so yucks! needless we fire her the next day. don't want to kena mah this was long time when i was still a little fella.

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 8:18 PM

Post #10 of 20 (1658 views)
Shortcut

haha...okie. i m not sure whether many ticks or not...but i just worry that when i catch ticks for my doggie, the eggs in the doggie body might stuck in my finger nails and when i scratch my hair they stick to my hair lo.
libelly

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 23, 2004, 8:20 PM

Post #11 of 20 (1657 views)
Shortcut

Agree with kelsey's post ... Smile ... don't think you have ticks lar ...

Neeways ... a good shampoo wash will get rid of ticks ...

Fleas are a different matter though but get someone to check your hair & head ... if got fleas or mites ... can see for sure.

Cheers

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 10:09 PM

Post #12 of 20 (1641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy][kelsey] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

okie...i hope i think too much la....thanks for the advice :)

btw, kelsey, ur doggie very cute? a Labrador Retriever?
libelly

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 23, 2004, 11:26 PM

Post #13 of 20 (1635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [libelly] [kelsey] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

libelly,

ticks don't grow in nails one. hard to suck blood mahSmile in dogs they like to stick around the ear or leg area cause hard to see plus also warmth mah.

but for human, our hair is the best defence. when u go war, u will not stand in the middle of battlefield, of course u take cover.

my puppy is a golden retriever, growing her fur slowly but surely, her tail is thicker than before and has more fur on it but unfortunately can't grow hair like dogs u see on TV lah. we have no winter here mah...my aunty stay in Canada, she has a german sheperd, during winter time, the german sheperd fur grow long so he won't die freezing, then approaching spring, she can put her hand on the dog and one big piece of fluffy fur will come out. she brush her dog in the garden and the grass is full with dog fur...i can't imagine how a golden will shed in 4 season country. or even those heavy shedders dog.Cool

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 26, 2004, 7:54 AM

Post #14 of 20 (1609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] [kelsey] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh..ic a GR? may be the hair not long enough yet.

I have bath maggie 2 days ago, and check her body too. hmmmm...cant get any ticks. hope she is really ticks free now....will check again during this weekend.
libelly

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 26, 2004, 4:56 PM

Post #15 of 20 (1602 views)
Shortcut

well she is still a puppy:)

sbt
Enthusiast

Nov 27, 2004, 6:22 PM

Post #16 of 20 (1583 views)
Shortcut

Try Selsun medicated shampoo is good treatment for itchy scalp, dandruff, kutu.....
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

libelly
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2004, 6:34 AM

Post #17 of 20 (1413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [libelly] [kelsey] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

arloe everyone, maggie and me are confirm ticks free now...hehe...so happy to see her not scratching here and there any more and her fur grow thicker now
libelly

tracky
Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2005, 4:32 PM

Post #18 of 20 (1310 views)
Shortcut

i tried to bath with those anti-tick shampoo.... & catch those lick for my puppy....

but after tat those tick still come again... where they come from??!?!

when tick bite there will got poison into doggie?Shockedany medication to prevent it?

any other way? other than below:

- bath anti-tick shampoo,

- catch tick...

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Feb 11, 2005, 9:35 PM

Post #19 of 20 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

buy frontline from pet shop / vet. read the instructions carefully works well for me. do a search u will find more on it

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 12, 2005, 4:58 AM

Post #20 of 20 (1297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Will ticks grow in human's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tick come from grass!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my