Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress.

silky
Novice

Nov 28, 2002, 6:06 PM

Post #1 of 13 (2940 views)
Shortcut
Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. Can't Post

My dog, Jazz, ear was infected and was prescribed an ear drop by the vet which we need to drip it and clean it for the next 2 weeks. We have problem of cleaning it and always attempt to bite our hands. We have tried muffled her up and get another person to hold her front legs and hold her neck but still she struggle so hard by twisting and turning her head. We tried by slapping her face and spanking her butt but still doesn't work (actually we don't like to inflict pain but just try to see what's the result). We tried method used by groomers with one hand holding firm the neck and same hand turning the ear out so that we can clean with the other hand but she struggle the most because the catch point is less. I'm just afraid this are very traumatic for the dog and will develop a lasting phobia. How come those groomers and vet can do it so easily all by themself. I also tried the vet method by kissing her first and then slowly cox her but also failed.

Can anyone please advise how best to do it without stress cause to both parties?

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 28, 2002, 9:33 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silky] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi silky,
The way i clean my doggie ears is when coco is sleeping. She don't bother much and just sleep like a pig, or maybe the time she not enough sleep. So may try out this method too??? Sly

anyway, i still cleaning coco's ears everyday using tissue paper while she's sleeping.

KawChai
Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2002, 10:18 PM

Post #3 of 13 (2927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silky] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

Silky,

I used to put medicine on my pug body when he is asleep or wake him up( when he is extreamly blur),
I know it sounds a bit cruel to wake him up in the middle of his sleep..but thats the easiest way where he will just sit there & let u do anything you want. I would have finish by the time he has freshen up..
Laugh

In Reply To

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 28, 2002, 11:06 PM

Post #4 of 13 (2922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

Kaw Chai, just saw Yoda's pic....he's such a lovely looking pug! He looks like a baby sitting there with his Tees on Smile

elizatye
K9 Senior

Nov 28, 2002, 11:35 PM

Post #5 of 13 (2918 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Silky,

I stand my pup on the dinning table while I cleans his ear. May be afraid of the height of the table, he never struggle while I cleans his ear. Then I will reward him with a piece of his favourite biscuit. Smile

Eliza

wkser
ALPHA

Nov 28, 2002, 11:57 PM

Post #6 of 13 (2917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi kawchai,
your pug very cute......SmileWink

regards
kangser and nous

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 29, 2002, 12:37 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2914 views)
Shortcut

How come those groomers and vet can do it so easily all by themself.

Basically when you send your dog to the groomer, you are taking him to a place he is not familiar with and meet the groomer he may not know well. At such places and environment, your dog tend to be subdued and quiet.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

boon
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2002, 1:48 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2907 views)
Shortcut

wowoowoowowow

such a lovely pug.Wink

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

cyphang
Canine Addict

Nov 29, 2002, 3:15 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like Yoda has some features of a boxer too :-)
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 29, 2002, 4:46 AM

Post #10 of 13 (2903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I was thinking about the same thing too! The mouth and muzzle part....it hangs a bit like a boxer don't ya think? Smile

KawChai
Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2002, 6:56 AM

Post #11 of 13 (2896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks ppl Blush.

this is how yoda will feel if he saw this post ->LaughBlushAngelic

i am in the process of developing a website for yoda, will be up soon. Will let you all know ya..Smile
he loves taking picture i think, he will pose ( sitting down) when he saw me holding the camera Wink

hmmm yah oh...got a bit like boxer...Blush. he is quite big size for a 3 month old puggy..

p/s: yoda's dad is mike Laugh

(This post was edited by KawChai on Nov 29, 2002, 7:07 AM)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 30, 2002, 4:57 AM

Post #12 of 13 (2867 views)
Shortcut

Yoda is so cute! Make sure you let us know when his webpage is done! :)

-= Tisha =-

KawChai
Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2002, 7:40 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Whats the best stratagy to clean the ear without stress. [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my