Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Puppy's nose bleeding

cincklt
New User

Feb 5, 2003, 10:28 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Puppy's nose bleeding Can't Post

Help, my puppy's nose started bleeding this morning. Up till then he was still active and playful however I have been informed by a friend that her silky terrier had the same symptoms before dying on the same day. My pup is a daschound cross silky. Has anyone heard of any virus that are heriditary in Silky Terriers? (because that's what my friend thinks is the cause of the nose bleed). This same friend adopted my pup's brother a couple of months ago and it has also died due to swelling in the brain. My pup is at the vet now but I would appreciate any info on the posible causes for canine nose bleeds. I have another pup with me and I hope that the nose bleed is not caused by a contagious virus.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 5, 2003, 11:55 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cincklt] Puppy's nose bleeding [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i own a silky terrier also... What did the vet told you about your dog condition? this is wat i get from a website:

Generally healthy. Minor concerns are intervertebral disc disease, elbow dysplasia, patellar luxation and Legg-Perthes. This breed sometimes is afflicted with diabetes, epilepsy, tracheal collapse

do you think you can provide me with the details so that i might be able to prevent this from happening to my dog and also update us on the recovery of your dog?

Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

wcsb73
Novice

Apr 9, 2003, 12:07 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1264 views)
Shortcut
[lulugurl] [In reply to] Can't Post

hi lulu...
just want to let you know i also had a silky terrier...and we same same like a family with silky terrier Wink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my