Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Puppy Cough

May
Old Hand

Mar 8, 2002, 12:25 AM

Post #1 of 11 (4625 views)
Shortcut
Puppy Cough Can't Post

My puppy will sometimes cough especially in the morning and night. She also always sneeze in the morning. Anything wrong with her?

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 8, 2002, 12:48 AM

Post #2 of 11 (4620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Puppy Cough [In reply to] Can't Post

Penang got hiccups & burp and you got sneeze & cough, who is more serious?
I think you are more serious.
Try to relocate the crate to an area where it is draught free.
As for cough, better keep an observant eye on her, it could develope into something more serious than you could imagine.
Best is to take her to vet and let the vet with a pair of stethoscope and listen to the lungs.

May
Old Hand

Mar 8, 2002, 1:23 AM

Post #3 of 11 (4617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Puppy Cough [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Derric. I'll send her to the vet.

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 10, 2002, 6:11 AM

Post #4 of 11 (4610 views)
Shortcut

How is your puppy now? What did the vet say?

May
Old Hand

Mar 11, 2002, 5:13 PM

Post #5 of 11 (4601 views)
Shortcut

I still have not send my puppy to the vet (busy with my wedding preparation). But this few days she didn't cough......will send her to the vet this Friday for her 3rd vaccination and will ask the vet on her condition.......

(This post was edited by May on Mar 11, 2002, 5:23 PM)

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 11, 2002, 5:56 PM

Post #6 of 11 (4600 views)
Shortcut

Congratulations May, Are we all invited to your wedding with our doggiesCrazy
May be there is nothing very serious or may be you have shifted the crate to a draught free positin.
Anyway, since you are taking your puppy to the vet on Friday, might as well let him do a check up.
Thanks for the feedback and that is what I call REAL COURTESY. ThankQ once again.
BTW When U go for honeymoon and you don't want puppy to make 3 is a crowd, I can always look after her for you. Check out Puppycom Home page on Boarding.
Regards.

May
Old Hand

Mar 11, 2002, 6:07 PM

Post #7 of 11 (4598 views)
Shortcut

My puppy didn't sleep in the crate anymore since the day she shee shee in the crate. I guess she doesn't like her crate. At night she prefer to sleep in the kitchen and in the morning/afternoon she will sleep under the sofa.

Thanks for your offer, Derric. My Mum will look after her when we go for honeymoon. BTW, I still have not decided to attend the gathering on Sunday cos' no one is available to look after my pup. That's why I'm asking whether can I bring her along.

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 11, 2002, 7:12 PM

Post #8 of 11 (4595 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, U cann't bring your dog on that day.
There is no harm to leave her in the house for four five hours. After all she has to learn to be independant sooner or later.

May
Old Hand

Mar 18, 2002, 7:22 PM

Post #9 of 11 (4589 views)
Shortcut

Update on my puppy.

I sent her to the vet last Friday for her 3rd vaccination. According to the vet, my pup are very healthy. I should look out for any persistent coughing. Scratching is also normal unless if she always scratch on the same area. The vet ask me not to be too over react on my pup and take it easy.

I think I should agree with him.

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Aug 31, 2002, 9:14 AM

Post #10 of 11 (4570 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Update on my puppy.

I sent her to the vet last Friday for her 3rd vaccination. According to the vet, my pup are very healthy. I should look out for any persistent coughing. Scratching is also normal unless if she always scratch on the same area. The vet ask me not to be too over react on my pup and take it easy.

I think I should agree with him.

hi May,

so according to ur vet, ur pup coughing is caused no problem rt? cos my silky also get cough just like ur pup.

regards,

Yuki

May
Old Hand

Sep 2, 2002, 11:48 PM

Post #11 of 11 (4560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yuki79] Puppy Cough [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, nothing serious unless the puppy cough persistently.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my