Just Wondering

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2006, 9:59 PM

Post #1 of 15 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Just Wondering Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering whether it's too late for me to spay my MS. Now she's 2 yrs old.

Recently she sprained her leg. Do I need to bring her to see the vet or just help her to rub to wait for a few days?

Thanks

joantan
Dog Kichi

Jun 27, 2006, 8:52 AM

Post #2 of 15 (1130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

If your MS has not mated, it is not too late to spay her.

For her sprained leg, you may want to bring her to the vet - if not for anything, at least you have peace of mind.

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2006, 8:18 AM

Post #3 of 15 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joantan] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

ohh....thanks for the info. my MS i noticed that her leg ok alredi. hahah..too playful until injured her own leg. female somemore...doesn't look like female

silvrash
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2006, 7:30 PM

Post #4 of 15 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

2yrs is fine. Just keep in mind, you can spay ur dog abit later but not earlier.

Its best to do when its 1yrs+, if you do it too early not good for the dog. Because she is still immature before that so it may cause it to be abit dumb dumb or something like that.
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

wan
K9 Maniac

Jul 3, 2006, 10:10 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silvrash] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

Is is true? Why do you say that ?

Bcos I always hear ppl say is better to spay dog before they reach adult. Just wondering if is better to spay them b4 they reach puberty or after..

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

silvrash
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2006, 7:31 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

Actually i also hear these from vets, its like, when its spayed when its still immature you'll find the dog acting weird, even when its older its still acting like a kid, eq: running around/harder to settle down. guess its they psycho or hormon thingy. Plus its body or inside is also not completely "grown/mature" yet.

For detail reason, I aslo donno, need to ask a pro btw not only dog, cat also.
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 6, 2006, 12:44 AM

Post #7 of 15 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silvrash] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

May I know when is the best age to spay them? normally for dog, when will they reach their puberty? 1 yr old? this is my first time hving a dog...anyway, all this while, i tot it is best to spay our dog from 6 mths - 18 mths...but wat u say might b true...sounds logical to me....if it's too young, mayb they'l ended up a bit ...hehehehehe

so maturity would be 1 year old?

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

wan
K9 Maniac

Jul 6, 2006, 12:59 AM

Post #8 of 15 (1029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess maturity is when they stop growing. That shd be about 1 year old lor..

But really no idea what's the best age to spay. One good thing I can think of when spay young is they heal very fast. And spayed dog is more loyal to their owner cos their heart wont think of cari partner outside. That's what I heard lah. Hehe.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 6, 2006, 1:09 AM

Post #9 of 15 (1026 views)
Shortcut

ehehehe...i agree too.....spay young will heal faster......and also i hrd that if we spay them before their first period, chances of them getting ovary cancer or some other related cancer would b lower.....

btw, juz wondering....once spayed, can the female dog still has their period? should b no d rite?

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

wan
K9 Maniac

Jul 6, 2006, 9:37 PM

Post #10 of 15 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, surely no lah.. hahaha..

Btw, I saw the pics of your special poodle... aiyo why so cute 1.. and its ears looks standing and so big.. looks bit funny and cute lor.. I think normal poodle ear not like that right ?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 6, 2006, 9:49 PM

Post #11 of 15 (1004 views)
Shortcut

yeah lo..i oso don know why the ear like dat...the vet say i can always chg her name to 'Jumbo'......hahahahahhaha...i think so too...normally poodle's ear all down wan......as for my sasha...i really don know ler...........but i guess doesn;t matter lo....what matters is she is healthy and active....as for the outlook....perhaps she's just 'special' Wink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2006, 4:19 AM

Post #12 of 15 (936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

juz wanted 2 share my experience of spaying my 3month old female....

i don't find her being dumb @ al.....but yes, she still act like a kid even she's going to turn 2 years....

but i don't find any problem wit a dog tat alwiz act like a puppy....i think some owner even wish that their dog remains like a puppy....they remain cute n playful....but definately not dumb....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

shani
Novice

Jul 28, 2006, 7:47 PM

Post #13 of 15 (911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

i want to re-confirm something.

I got a 2 years old mixed breed female. The vet we brought her too suggested to us that if we do not plan to breed her in the near future, we should spay her.

Reasons given are :-
i. they will generate disease when they reached old age.
ii. spaying at early age would promote faster recovery rate.
iii. she WILL need to be spay now or later.

If possible, i do not want to have her spayed because i find it abit "inhumane" T_T... please advice.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2006, 9:51 PM

Post #14 of 15 (889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shani] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

tis is wat everybody mistaken about d benefits of spaying....stop thinking it tat's inhumane...

if ur female mongrel hv accident and gave birth to a litter of unwanted mongrel puppies.....hv u ever think about their destiny....

they might ended up being put to sleep or being neglected....or might juz stray around d street.....tat's wat is called unhumane...

do not think that u can make sure tat unwanted mating will never occur under ur supervision....even my frens beloved GR came wit a litter of unwanted puppy n my fren don't even know who's d parent r....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2006, 10:30 PM

Post #15 of 15 (888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shani] Just Wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i totally agree with Amanda it's not inhumane to spay the dog.....dogs aren't like human whereby they don have to experience to feel 'complete' as being a female....even nowadays women won wan to give birth to child

it will be more 'inhumane' if you have a litter of unwanted puppies and let it stray or ended up under the care of inproper owner who don know how to properly take care of them...and worst is they might b at a risk of being shot dead while straying!!!! to me, that is more 'inhumane'.

well..besides all this, i hv seen a female dog who has gave birth...she looks sooooooo different than before giving birth....to maintain its beautiful feature and to ensure its health condition, spaying the female will b better....

but of course, i am not against breeding la....as long as u know the proper way of breeding..but to me, i will let the good breeder do the breeding task......coz no one can guarantee the life of a litter of puppies...no matter how much u love ur dog and its pups, u cant possibly take care of all her pups....

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my