Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Beagle Making noise....?

cutie_pie78
New User

Oct 28, 2002, 4:35 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1955 views)
Shortcut
Beagle Making noise....? Can't Post

I bought a beagle yesterday, where the whole night its making noise. (not barking, but sound "em....em..e.m...em....." on a high pitch voice.) I lock it in the cage and place it in my living hall. i am living in a condo, and my security was complaining after they heard the voice.......Everytime it shout i let it out from the cage, but until really late around 2am i really can't do so, then i locked it in the cage. Can anyone help me on telling me how to lower down its voise....? or any others things i can do just to train it not to make voice or barking during the night? TQ

(This post was edited by cutie_pie78 on Oct 28, 2002, 4:39 PM)

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2002, 10:16 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cutie_pie78] Beagle Making noise....? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.beagles-on-the-web.com/questions/

check out this link for more info on the breed. although i don't mean to sound rude, didn't you read up on the breed before you bought the puppy?

if you really cannot cope, please post again and I will try to help.

good luck
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

melanie
Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2002, 1:22 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1929 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

Don't worry too much as a new puppy tend to be very noise at nite. Be prepared as this will still happen during the first few nites.

You will need to be around her and be patient to let her get use to you and your surrounding.

When I first bought kiddi home was also miserable for me!Mad All nite long cannot sleep, she is crying the whole nite!!!

Regards

cutie_pie78
New User

Oct 30, 2002, 6:13 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1915 views)
Shortcut
Re: Beagle Making noise....? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for both your advise....i'm very keen on the experiences and advices given...TQ.Smile

I been trying to stay with the puppy but it only make noise during the night. why is that so...? Even thou, i left it running around the living hall doing her business (pee, and so)....it still barking and making noises....later, i took my day-off and stayed with her for a day...(morning) and it was quite and sleep well....unfotunately, until the night falls...it started again.... Unsure

(This post was edited by cutie_pie78 on Oct 30, 2002, 6:28 AM)

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 30, 2002, 7:59 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1908 views)
Shortcut

You know when you let your puppy out of the cage everytime she barks or whine she has actually trained u to do so....she knows when she makes noise you will let her out Wink ....but i suppose you had no choice given the fact that u live in an apartment and u don't want a barking dog waking up the neighbours....i know how u feel coz i was in your position too.....u shd really try to play with her more during the day or after work....lots of playing lots of exercising and when it's time to go to bed i'm pretty sure she will be good and ready for a night's rest....beagles are active dogs too just like jrts and they too need plenty of exercise.

kbs
Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2002, 3:00 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cutie_pie78,

I was staying in the condo when I first got snuffy too, and same case, I put her into a crate at night and she was making noise/crying/barking the entire night and that went on for a few days. I did not let her out while she is barking/making noises, I only let her out after waited till she is quiet for awhile (So to let her know that she won't get any attention while being noisy). Don't even try to aknowledge her while she/he is crying/barking as that will only make them feels that by doing so, they could get attentions from us. In any case, it is perfectly normal for new pup to be noisy as they are away from their breeder and mummy.

Later what I did was to get a pet gate in so that they don't pee or poo in the crate (I have newspaper cover all over the boundary of the gate) and place the crate within the gate (so, we don't need to lock the crate). Put lot's of toy in the crate as well as we don't want the pup to feel that the crate is an interesting place to goto.

Staying in a condo while ur pup making all this noises are definitely not easy, I have now moved to a house and thinking of getting a companion for snuffy so she has a company at home.

Regards,
KBS

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my