Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
Im concerned about worms in my shipoo

jenjen1018
Novice

Nov 17, 2003, 10:41 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2880 views)
Shortcut
Im concerned about worms in my shipoo Can't Post

I am new to this puppy forum. I have a 6 week old Shih tzu/Poodle. He is scooting a lot. I figured he must have worms so for 2 days I gave him Hartz Health measures Liquid Wormer(I think its over-the-counter). My question is, has anyone tried this and does it work? He is still scooting. It is only the 2nd day of him using it. Will they go away?(If it is worms that he has). He seems constipated too. Maybe he's tryin to push the worms out. Also he tries to eat his poop. How do i stop that? Thanks very much,

owner of Snoopy, the Shi-T-Poo!

owndog2000

Nov 17, 2003, 10:48 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jenjen1018] Im concerned about worms in my shipoo [In reply to] Can't Post

My two cents advice is : take your doggy to the vet. The vet will administer better medication. :-)

jenjen1018
Novice

Nov 17, 2003, 10:55 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [owndog2000] Im concerned about worms in my shipoo [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks.

Kowpa

Nov 17, 2003, 11:46 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2872 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I am new to this puppy forum. I have a 6 week old Shih tzu/Poodle. He is scooting a lot. I figured he must have worms so for 2 days I gave him Hartz Health measures Liquid Wormer(I think its over-the-counter). My question is, has anyone tried this and does it work? He is still scooting. It is only the 2nd day of him using it. Will they go away?(If it is worms that he has). He seems constipated too. Maybe he's tryin to push the worms out. Also he tries to eat his poop. How do i stop that? Thanks very much,

owner of Snoopy, the Shi-T-Poo!

My dear dog lover. This is not the correct way a dog ppl should do as you did. You cannot just figure out that the dog have worms or this or that. For your information SCOOTING is not actually the sign of worms, actually it is trying to empty his/her anal sac. If you happen to see your dog scooting and each and everytime you deworm him/her you are killing her/him. If you suspect your dog have worm send his/her stool to the vet and the vet will tell you whether your dog is infested with worms or not. If your are prescribing over the counter make sure you go accordingly to your dog's weigh and indication label but don't just simply dianose.

jenjen1018
Novice

Nov 18, 2003, 1:58 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowpa] Im concerned about worms in my shipoo [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your information. I truly loooooove my puppy. What you said at the beginning hurt my feelings. I just thought I was doing the right thing. I only gave him 1/4 teaspoon of the OTC med for 2 days. I will not give him anymore. He is still scooting, so I am going to get a stool sample and let the vet diagnose. Thank you for help. I do have a problem with self-diagnosis(even for myself)hehe.

owndog2000

Nov 20, 2003, 2:59 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2858 views)
Shortcut

you can also get good books to read about doggy illness/diseases/symptoms. Scooting can be two reasons:
1. worms, 2. emptying the anal sac.

We can only read and know the probable cause. After that, go to the vet for advice and for medication. It is dangerous to the doggie if we give the wrong medication due to wrong diagnosis

Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my