Home: General: Chit Chat:
A Topic for Mileone.

Derrickok
Novice

Oct 24, 2002, 3:48 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1776 views)
Shortcut
A Topic for Mileone. Can't Post

Your post in highlighting the source of information from a member whose name is LeoPui, I think is reasonable and you were also sincered and concerned about the repercussion with which that might follow. I do not think I need to mention the legality in copy right laws. Do I?
Unfortunately, not every member could read in between the lines. I for one do not read on the line when there is something interesting and controversial. I read above and below the line as well as in between the lines. And most unfortunate of all is, your remarks were misinterpreted, thus you have attracted a number of flying objects.
It must be understood that this is a public as well as a free forum. I hope you understand the meaning of "PUBLIC" and "FREE" and I hope you also understood what I am trying to impress upon you. With your English and your style of writing, I am sure you do.
Frankly speaking, if you were to ask me, how best to bring up a puppy: what and when should you train your puppy, I would always maintain that 'common sense should prevail'.
I therefore urge you to hold your peace? piece? P...s and enjoy your visit and if you want to learn something from the numerous articles from this forum, you just have to spend time and separate the worthy from the Till Eulenspiegel - A tone poem composed by Richard Strauss in the 19th century -.

mileone
Novice

Oct 25, 2002, 1:28 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] A Topic for Mileone. [In reply to] Can't Post

It must be understood that this is a public as well as a free forum. I hope you understand the meaning of "PUBLIC" and "FREE"

As YOU do???

I know public and free my friend. And I also recognize when someone or something tries to muzzle me. I won't be quiet. I won't be silent. You can't de-bark me.

I will speak my mind. Where and when I see fit. That's me. What's right is right. And what's wrong, I will try and ammend.

Who among you has a problem with that??? Besides yourself....

(This post was edited by mileone on Oct 25, 2002, 1:29 AM)

Derrickok
Novice

Oct 25, 2002, 4:48 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mileone] A Topic for Mileone. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will neither de-bark you nor encourage you to continue with your crusade.
Your principle and attitude is what I admire. When something is seen as incorrect, you will do your level best to put things right. Apart from Algebra, two wrongs do not make a right.
As far as I am concerned, the discussions between you and Leopui do not bother me the least. I am just an observer and with 55 years of experience behind me in the doggie game I should have enough knowledge to identify what comes from the Internet and what is original.
Besides I burried more dogs during these years than what all the members have in the forum. So what are we talking about kennel management, puppymill, back yard breeders, out-breeding, line-breeding and in-breeding and also five generation pedigrees????? In order to learn all about dogs; be they various different breeds or just a particular breed, one has to do a great deal of in depth study and it is a life time devotion.
With this reply, it should either make you happy or you should be intelligent enough not to rekindle this candle.
P.S. Before you jump to any conclusion on 5 generation pedigrees, please be reminded that a pedigree is only a piece of paper with fanciful names of the sire and dam etc. But what is important to you and to me, are the histories, the throw backs, and perhaps the faults of the sire and dam. All these info could only be obtained from an ethical breeder. In other words an owner with a pedigreed dog and does not know the back ground and history of the sire and dam and do not know how to read or interpret the piece of paper, then this pedigree is only worth what is written on it.

mileone
Novice

Oct 25, 2002, 2:15 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1725 views)
Shortcut

P.S. Before you jump to any conclusion on 5 generation pedigrees, please be reminded that a pedigree is only a piece of paper with fanciful names of the sire and dam etc. But what is important to you and to me, are the histories, the throw backs, and perhaps the faults of the sire and dam. All these info could only be obtained from an ethical breeder. In other words an owner with a pedigreed dog and does not know the back ground and history of the sire and dam and do not know how to read or interpret the piece of paper, then this pedigree is only worth what is written on it.

I am 100% agreeing with you on this. I'm a bit of a weirdo in one way. Some people collect things for their amusement....like litle glass figurines or spoons from other countries or pictures of a certain something. I "collect" pedigrees. Simply for my own amusement. I very much enjoy studying different lines form different countries and watching which way they go with their dogs. It's a hobby I suppose would be the best way to describe it! Smile

A pedigree can also show you which lines are prone to degenerative diseases, which lines carry a coat, which lines have more or less dominant or recessive genes for a huge assortment of things. Just to name a very few.

Derrickok
Novice

Oct 25, 2002, 3:42 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mileone] A Topic for Mileone. [In reply to] Can't Post

"I'm a bit of a weirdo in one way."
I disagreed with this statement, because all "GREATS" do possess a certain type of weirdo genes in their bloodline.
Take for example, only just to mention a few "GREATS" in the universe. King Henry Vlll, - He executes his wife - , Beethoven -Symphony No. 9 'choral' was his greatest and yet he was already completely deaf when he composed it. Elizabeth Taylor - surely she must be by now in the Book of Records-. The Kennedy Litter - Only JFK was the pick of the litter-, Bill Clinton -?-, and Sir.Winston Churchill -take away his cigar,Hitler could have brought him on his knees-
I hope this message is comprehensive and its final until I come across another member worthy of my time to chat with.
Regards.

mileone
Novice

Oct 25, 2002, 8:09 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1700 views)
Shortcut

I agree with you with all the afore mentioned names, except the Kennedy "litter". While JFK might've been the "pick" he had littermates (heeheehee!) who were also exceptional. Look at Bobby Kennedy or Ethel....what better lesson in life to learn except serve others less fortunate.

Churchill....oh a man born for his time if there ever was one. I have a biography book about him. He was an awesome statesman. My favorite statesman/elcted person( for my country) is Pierre Trudeau. The man had a grasp on what's right and what's wrong. It got muddled near the end with other politicians attacking his ideals but god bless him....he NEVER let up on his beliefs.

Callie

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my