Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!!

boon
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2002, 9:48 PM

Post #1 of 14 (5554 views)
Shortcut
Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! Can't Post

Hi all,

I wonder any one of you out there has the experience of the coat/fur of your belove shedding. Bonney is not 5 months old and i had observerd her for the past 2 to 3 weeks, her fur keep shedding, and some time when i hug her, the whole shirt of my are full of her fur. Previously she is not shedding that much. But now is alot. Just wonder is this normal, or is part of her growing stage ?BlushFrownShocked

Her fur still look ok, and not become "botak", look normal, but i wonder where got so much fur for her to shed dailyPirate.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 14, 2002, 10:28 PM

Post #2 of 14 (5548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi boon,

Rex also shedded a lot when he's about 5 months old. U may give him some flaxseed/sunflower oil , this could help to speed up the shedding period and restore new coat.

Not too worry.Wink
regards,

CD Moo

boon
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2002, 11:12 PM

Post #3 of 14 (5544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Em...OK,

"flaxseed/sunflower oil" where to get this, pet shop ? Mind mail me the brand personally.

Thanz in advance.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2002, 10:54 PM

Post #4 of 14 (5517 views)
Shortcut

my dog is shedding like mad too. but the vet says it is normal. i find it useful to use the kong rubber comb as it really drags out all the dead hair. then i just vacuum it up before it gets all over my house. maybe you should try the comb. i will bring mine to the next meet and you can try. then you can see if you wanna buy one as it is qiute pricey.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Oct 20, 2002, 9:43 PM

Post #5 of 14 (5511 views)
Shortcut

It's perfectly normal for her to shed. Nothing to worry about Smile. Just make sure you groom her regularly so that her fur doesn't go everywhere!

-= Tisha =-

boon
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2002, 9:45 PM

Post #6 of 14 (5501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Em...., but till now, still shedding leh...is about 1 and half months already.....normally how long the shedding process will last ?

htpol
Novice

Oct 28, 2002, 5:45 PM

Post #7 of 14 (5482 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,

I would suggest you try Velcote or EBF skin & coat suppl.

Any tick and flea problem ? If there is, please try to solve it at the first place.

If there is still scratching for two months, it might be food allergic.

Try any brand of lamb & rice formula but I would suggest California Natural since the ingredients list are short i.e. Lamb meal, Rice, Sun Flower oil. Unless your dog is allergic to rice.

htpolLaugh

boon
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2002, 5:05 AM

Post #8 of 14 (5469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [htpol] Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Htpol,

Em..now Bonney is shed less, i guessed another week or so, she will stop shedding. Now i am on Eukanuba Puppy, and Eukanuba Healthy Extra.

Yeap about a month ago, she have some ticks on her, after i sprayed Frontline on her body, the ticks run away and now it seem taht so far so good.

I will try to hunt for Velcote or EBF this coming weekend. Hehehhe...Crazyi don think i can get california natural in penang.

Anyway thanz for your advice, Tongue

bengyong
Novice

Oct 29, 2002, 11:42 PM

Post #9 of 14 (5457 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

How can we tell the dog is allergic to a certain kind of food or not? My pup is sheding terribly too. Unsure

Please advise.

<<<<<< BENG YONG >>>>>>
Have you walked your dog today?

htpol
Novice

Oct 31, 2002, 12:17 AM

Post #10 of 14 (5446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bengyong] Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Beng Yong,

Well, as it relates to diet, a sensitive dog has an intolerance to a specific pet food ingredients. This intolerance causes a physical reaction from skin problems to diarrhea--whenever food is eaten. I have consulted with few veterinarians locally, vet. treat more skin disordering than other problem, at least 50%. However, majority of the skin disorder are related with tick/flea allergies but food allergies can be just a troublesome to the skin. It happens on the skin with scracthing to 'hot spot' and shedding. In your case I think probably is the seasoning shedding. Don't worry so much unless the problem persist for a longer period or with the skin lesion.

Besides that, try to avoid the 'high risk' ingredients in the pet food such as: Beef & Beef by-products, Pork, Glutten, Milk, Corn, Corn oil, Yeast, Fish, Fish oils, Wheat, Brewer's yeast, eggs. Those listed ingredients believed by the veterinarians can cause trouble in certain dogs.

htpolBlush

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2002, 7:35 PM

Post #11 of 14 (5431 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,

Snuffy is shedding terribly too for the past one month... and still shedding now. I tried to feed her oil supplement for coat and skin, but haven't seen any improvement yet. I heard from some friends that said when the bitch is about to be on-heat, they shed alot.. Is that true?

Regards,
KBS

lisachew

Nov 1, 2002, 7:49 PM

Post #12 of 14 (5429 views)
Shortcut

You mentioned Fish Oil, Yeast and Egg is trouble to dogs?

But it is recommended to give them that. Especially Cod liver oil.

Pls advice.

Thanks!
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

boon
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2002, 2:55 AM

Post #13 of 14 (5421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi KBS,

Oh really, i not sure, but if i recall it correctly, CD Moo told me that female labrador will shed more than the mail one, but now Bonney is about to "finish" her shedding process, less and less now, she is only 5 and half months old, i can't imagine she will be on heat soon....aiyah...I better pay more attention on her.

htpol
Novice

Nov 5, 2002, 10:58 PM

Post #14 of 14 (5404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] Shed, Shed, Shed and Shed !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't worry about the 'high risk' ingredients if the pets already used to take it without any problems. The chances of food allergy is high in certain breeds. According to one of the survey in a state in US : There are 263 cases having the skin problem but only 9 cases confirmed due to corn allergic. ( a report from Eagle) You can imagine what is the chances of getting the food allergic. Sorry, I don't have much data on each 'high risk' ingredients'. I would try to find it out later.

htpolUnimpressed

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my