Home: General: Chit Chat:
Looking back.

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 25, 2001, 7:30 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1937 views)
Shortcut
Looking back. Can't Post

Wishing all & everybody a Merry Xmas and a happy new year.
Looking back year 2001, which is coming to an end; I really wonder how many members have benefitted from this Forum through various postings? A lot of questions were asked and a lot of answers were posted. It is my sincere hope that all the postings are provided with reasonably accurate information and that they are made in good faith.
However, I would like to see some in depth thoughts in some of the questions. For example, if a member found that his/her dog is missing on one fine morning; anybody under such a circumstance is naturally distressed. Nonetheless, there is no reason to panic and go straight into this forum and send out a message "My dog is missing"! Please help!!!!
We are all prepared to help, but for us to help you find your dog, you must tell us (1) Your location,(2) Description of your dog; colour, breed, and answering to what name. (3) your contact number just in case your animal is located. If you are not prepared to provide these basic information, I find it most difficult to offer you assistance.
The art of getting help from your fellow members, is not so important in how you are asking the question. You could address me Ooi Dungus, How do I put some weight on my dog and you have provided me with details etc; etc? I would still tell you how to the best of my knowledge. On the other hand if you approached me politely BUT WITH NO DETAILS of your dog I may forget about you because I have to ask for details, and you have to come back to me with details, by which time I am onto something rather important and deferred your reply and eventually forgotten all about it.
This ChitChat section, I suppose is a form of the Chat-room, yet very few members are making use of it. Why? Are you all shy? I shall post one article per day, It could be doggie jokes, quotes from famous people, or just sheer silly jokes, starting with "Things you Love to say but dare not Part.1."
Happy reading and do come in to talk 3 talk 4.

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2001, 4:54 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Looking back. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Hi Derrick,

Actually, I am glad and happy that you are always like to share your precious knowledge and experience to all the forum members. In addition, you are also making efforts in helping this forum to be the most famous and useful place for all the dog lovers across the countryWink ! I remember that since we joined this forum last early November 2001, this forum has been developed and in progress. I really hope it will continue forever. Derrick, I am sure that you must have many friends who are 'gila dogs' and have plenty of experience in dealing with dogs, right? If that so, why not you try to convince them to join here? Anyway, for me, I have learned a lots of things here and will continue to support in future.

Good luck to you in your coming dog show at Penang, thanks and Happy New Year 2002.

regards, jasonSmile

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Dec 26, 2001, 5:59 AM)

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Dec 26, 2001, 5:23 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Looking back. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jason,

You may wish to tell us how you managed to find this web site in the very first place.

Khoo BG

P/S We are not able to view the icon you placed at the end of the message. You are the only one person who can see the icon since you are making reference to your C Drive. For the icon to be viewable via the Internet, you need to place the file on a Internet web server. Email me your file and I shall make the icon for you. My email is bgkhoo@hileytech.com . Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2001, 5:34 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Looking back. [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi Khoobg,

I noticed about this website was from my searching through the search engine about all infos regarding dogs within Malaysia. That's how I found this Smile. Keep up this good work and we (dog lovers in Malaysia) really need a forum like this to know each others and discuss about dogs. Living with dogs will be fun and enjoying when you have some same interests people talking with you, right?!

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Dec 26, 2001, 6:04 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Looking back. [In reply to] Can't Post

Jason,

You icon is now live. For all the future post, the icon will be automatically attached.

I will setup the icon for members who have earned the title of "Member" with this Forum. If Rainbow is able to email me her icon, I will also be doing one for her.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 2:14 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1906 views)
Shortcut

This is post number #1 of chitchat.
Since you have become very active in puppycom Arthur, and I am feeling very tired these days, perhaps you would like to carry on with what I had been preaching all this while.
I cannot be around all the time and if you really understood what I am talking about in this post carry this message all the way to the moon if necessary.
ThankQ Arthur.

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2002, 9:41 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1886 views)
Shortcut

Hi Derric,

Having you back in the forum certainly has liven things up! Smile I heard about this forum thru friends at the dog shows. Joined then and never looked back. Like many others who have shared their experiences and knowledge here, I guess this is one way where fellow dog owners can come together anytime of day and find something interesting to read about or participate in. Once in a while I come across a golden nugget of priceless information that will come in real handy one fine day.

I learnt a lot from the postings here. Other than canine related info, I find most members here will go the extra mile to help out, especially to those who have put in the initial effort to find the information first. I enjoy reading how you handle the carefully constructed technical type queries to the simple How do I..? Some of the replies are classic! This is how a forum should be huh? A free exchange of ideas where hopefully everyone learns something. I also know that we can't please everyone, everytime. I have adopted the policy of "Let's agree to disagree" and leave it at that!

One thing that struck my mind from reading the postings is about how many dogs you have buried so far.. I get a glimpse of the day when I might have to do the same. Wonder how I would handle that day when it will come eventually..Unsure Can't bear the thought now. Would really like to know how you handled these goodbyes?

Rdgs Arthur

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 3:35 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Looking back. [In reply to] Can't Post

"One thing that struck my mind from reading the postings is about how many dogs you have buried so far.. I get a glimpse of the day when I might have to do the same. Wonder how I would handle that day when it will come eventually.. Can't bear the thought now. Would really like to know how you handled these goodbyes?"

Close to forty!! Each death has a cause. Old age, accident, poisoning, disease, carelessness by the owner, miscarriage, heat stroke, cardiac arrest, over medication.
How do I handle goodbyes? Simple. When your dogs are healthy and active, you gave them the best of attention that is within your capability. When it falls sick you attended its medical requirements immediately. This the part where your consciousness is going to bug you forever. Every sick dog, just like human beings has 3 stages of symptoms -Beginning, Midway, and Final. If you could recognise the dog is sick in the beginning and you took it to the vet for medical attention, you had already discharged your duty and responsibilites and if the dog cannot recover and died, your conscious is CLEARED. On the other hand if you only brought your dog to the vet at the final stage and hope the vet could perform a miracle, then you are a @#*** %@****. "dog lover"!!!!
For every dog I burried, I slept very well the following night. And for every dog that died I analysis the reasons, the causes and learn and remember not to allow it to happen again to the next dog.
There is a new topic in 'general health' managing trauma. Do it right and have knowledge to do it, it will save your dog. No idea how to go about it, say goodbye! You don't find this topic in text books, the vets know and I know because I spy. No one will hand you and feed you information on a silver plate. You have to spy, to observe, to kowtow, to behave ignorant. But most importantly of all THE CORRECT APPROACH!!!!!!!
Got the message?

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 11, 2002, 7:52 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1827 views)
Shortcut

"You could address me Ooi Dungus, How do I put some weight on my dog and you have provided me with details etc; etc? " - I didn't know anyone else used the term "Dungu" Wink... My friends and I use that word very often, lol. I wonder what it really means though.

Anyway, I found this website when I was using one of the searchengines. I'm a member of several other dog forums and one day I decided to look for a Malaysian forum Smile. Personally, this forum has not only been a source of advice, but also a great place to meet other dog lovers in Malaysia. It's nice to know that we can always meet up and become good friends, compared to overseas forums (difficult to meet!).

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my