Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

laurentia
Novice

Nov 11, 2003, 7:07 PM

Post #1 of 32 (6000 views)
Shortcut
Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? Can't Post

Hi, Do you guys know any kid's pool is good for GR? Since I do not have a swimming pool at home and Elmo keeps sneaking into my Koi Fish pond to swim until one of my koi fish jumped off from the pond and suicided. Frown Any recommendation?

One more thing, for those of you who own GR, do you discover any black fur on your GR body? I found a very small bunch of black fur on my GR (5 mths old). It's a very small bunch of black fur, hardly visible only if you pay real attention, especially when u bath or brush him. I'm worried if the black fur will grow further more. Elmo also has one black dot on his tongue. Does this mean that he's not a pure GR or it's simply just a birthmark? Unsure Please advise. If yes, I'm going to bleach that small bunch of furs before my parents discover. Blush
Elmo

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2003, 1:46 AM

Post #2 of 32 (5985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [laurentia] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Elmo,

I currently have skye (7 months old male GR). So far, I haven't seen any black hair on him and no dot on his tongue too, but I guess you shouldn't need to worry too much as it should be just a birth mark Smile. Important thing is he is healthy. I don't think the dot on the tongue has anything to do with whether he is a pure GR or not.

Is the black bunch of hair really very visible?? If it is not, I don't really see a need to bleach it.

Do you have any photo of your GR with the black bunch of hair? It might be easier for others to judge by really seeing it from photos.

Regards,
KBS

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 12, 2003, 2:11 AM

Post #3 of 32 (5983 views)
Shortcut

Since I do not have a swimming pool at home and Elmo keeps sneaking into my Koi Fish pond to swim until one of my koi fish jumped off from the pond and suicided.

LaughLaughLaugh lol. very funny. btw, i'm hoping to get a kiddy pool for my boy too. i'm hoping to get one that costs below 40 bucks. hopefully with thicker walls.. and base. if not it'll puncture fast Crazy

my GR do has black hair occasionally, but not a bunch. only strands of it. normally i'll just pluck it off (like pulling white hair Laugh). which part of the body did u discover the black fur? don't have to bleach la. just let his hair look naturally.

as for the tongue, not to worry, it's really normal. have seen not only GR, but other dogs with the spot on their tongue. even hunter has it, but it's really far behind of his tongue and not really visible Blush

laurentia
Novice

Nov 12, 2003, 6:49 AM

Post #4 of 32 (5979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehe, I won't bleach his hair lah.. maybe will just pluck the black hair out like Hunter said. Laugh

Hmm..will definitely take a picture of the 'evil' hair and have you guys judge it...Sly

Btw, I think I saw the pic of your GR in the pool. Is it a kid's pool? those portable one? I think Hunter and I would like to have one for our GRs... Smile
Elmo

laurentia
Novice

Nov 12, 2003, 7:33 AM

Post #5 of 32 (5978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

i found one that i could redeem with my points earned with Real Rewards, the brand is 'Aqua'.. the diameter is 5 ft.. And I also looked at those in the mall.. diameter of 183cm (costs 70 bucks). Hmm, but i dunno how durable are those and if they are suitable for my 'crazy' Elmo.. He might try to dig a hole on the base of pool later.. Crazy

Actually, the Koi fish was just disappear without the corpse found. Hmm, maybe Elmo buried it.. Pirate

Ohh, abt the hair.. it's on the side of the body near his armpit area. Ok loh, won't bleach it, Blush I'll just tell my parents that it's very common to have those blackie hair for GR, so they won't feel that they spent too much to buy Elmo in the first place. Sly Btw, Elmo looks pretty much like your GR. At least the hair color is so much alike. Smile
Elmo

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 12, 2003, 12:20 PM

Post #6 of 32 (5975 views)
Shortcut

hi

i think no matter what the pool will sooner or later leak.. their toe nails are bound to create holes at the base..

elmo is a nice name :> how old is he? can't see his face la. can only see him from his poo poo angle :p

mackmack
Doggyman

Nov 13, 2003, 12:25 AM

Post #7 of 32 (5970 views)
Shortcut

Black fur on GR???
Noway!
and there's a "bunch" of it??
noway!

But am keen to SEE them~ pic please?Wink

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Terry
K9 Kaki

Nov 13, 2003, 8:11 AM

Post #8 of 32 (5961 views)
Shortcut

That's interesting coz Billy has a black spot in his tongue. Just when I tot that was unique and that I do not need to microchip him .... just look at his tongue for identification ........hahahahaha ..... now gotta go microchip him !

Terry Smile

nickanna
Canine Addict

Nov 16, 2003, 6:48 AM

Post #9 of 32 (5942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

our GR, Hugo also has a black mark on the left of his tongue..initially we were worried abt it..but now..it's his identification!! hahaha Tongue Wink Laugh

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2003, 10:45 AM

Post #10 of 32 (5932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [laurentia,hunter] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,Smile

Hope u don't mind me adding something here.

For the pool...hehehehhehe...build a pond! Tongue nah..I'm just kidding. It'll end up really dirty unless u can clean it up every few days.

Anyway, as for the black fur, I guess things like these happens. Think it's genetic since GR's were once not purebred and were crossed with other dogs (perhaps they were in other colours) and sometimes their colours just appears in one of our modern day dogs. I hv seen long coated rottweilers pups appear in a perfectly normal litter from a proven bitch. If I'm not mistaken, looooooong time ago, rotts had longer coats to protect them from the cold from their native country.

SmileSmileSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

boon
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2003, 4:45 PM

Post #11 of 32 (5929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Think it's genetic since GR's were once not purebred and were crossed with other dogs

can u tell me which breed is PURE by nature ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2003, 11:26 PM

Post #12 of 32 (5920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

none.

just commenting that GR's were once not purebred.

=)
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

boon
Doggyman

Nov 19, 2003, 2:08 AM

Post #13 of 32 (5916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

there u goooooooooooooooooooooooWink

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 19, 2003, 8:08 AM

Post #14 of 32 (5911 views)
Shortcut

yea
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 19, 2003, 8:09 AM

Post #15 of 32 (5911 views)
Shortcut

oh, true enough. that's logical.

(used to think that black hair on goldens means old age ehehehehhe...)

have seen long coated rotty. and he looked great! (unfortunately ppl would assume him as a mixed dog at first glance though.)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 19, 2003, 9:51 AM

Post #16 of 32 (5906 views)
Shortcut

lol

white fur girl~ Laugh white fur on the muzzle(think u know that)

anyway, u want pics? of the long coated rott i mean...Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 19, 2003, 9:54 AM

Post #17 of 32 (5905 views)
Shortcut

yea i know white la. but hunter is pretty much white all over his body.. so i had a thought that there *might* be a possibility it's the opposite. hence black hair lo.. heeeheheheee...........

yeah, me want pics, send to me pls :>

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 19, 2003, 9:56 AM

Post #18 of 32 (5904 views)
Shortcut

lol

good "theory" Tongue

anyway, through e-mail? or msn(noticed ur online in the forum)?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

jaytan
Canine Addict

Nov 19, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #19 of 32 (5896 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I dont have a GR, but I used to have a small pond with local Japanese carps in the enclosure for my 2 Beagle puppies. Sometimes the puppies playing can be very boisterous and can sound more like horses. It is real fun to watch them hahahaha. But it frightened the hell out of the fish. The fish cowered in a corner all the time, ate very little and one died every fortnight. I also worried that the puppies may drown if they find a way through the wire mesh into the water when I was not watching. After a month I concluded that dogs and fish were incompatable. I removed the fish and the pond is now a sand pit for more doggy play rah rah rah. The human children love the sand pit, too. Best regards,J

Terry
K9 Kaki

Nov 22, 2003, 9:52 AM

Post #20 of 32 (5886 views)
Shortcut

The Wolf !

Terry Wink

nathalie
Doggyman

Nov 30, 2003, 10:00 AM

Post #21 of 32 (5875 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi,

my lab has a few black hair from the body too....she's yellow but not a bunch of them but near the armpit n another near the thighsSmile

makrawl
Canine Addict

Dec 5, 2003, 2:03 AM

Post #22 of 32 (5861 views)
Shortcut

no worries, just give him sometime. the fur will gone eventually (i hopeCrazy). my black ECS also had a "bunch" of white hair at the chest when she was a few months old. (the mother and the elder sister before her batch are pure black). so after a year, she is now a pure black girl. my black beauty.

by the way, yeah, dogs and fish pond doesn't get along well. my dogs drink from the water lily pot if they r really thirsty and lazy to run back to their drinking bowl. yucks....Pirate

(This post was edited by makrawl on Dec 5, 2003, 2:06 AM)

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 8:51 AM

Post #23 of 32 (5857 views)
Shortcut

yeah brinkley also gets black hairs occasionally, and we thought it must be due to stress... like when people with dark hair get grey hairs, well, she'd get them but not in a patch, just single strands here and there. Hey how is Hunter doing, still training for agility? Wink

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 9:24 AM

Post #24 of 32 (5856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Kid's Pool for GR? Black fur on GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

lol, so how's brinkley? has she been a good girl? am sure has grown huge already (she was already huge the last time i saw her)

hunter is doing just fine :) no agility though.. doesn't seem to have agility classes this time around :/ he's now training for intermediate, but dunno if he's heading anywhere. can't see any improvement :( uhuhuhu...

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 2:25 AM

Post #25 of 32 (5849 views)
Shortcut

nah brinkley's not that big... she's nice and "feminine" sized *hehe*. She is really a darling, will be brinign her to the coming gathering at KK. She is so obedient she doesn't need class, but what I find is that she only listens when I talk to her like a human, in long full sentences.

Like when I say "Come" she ignores me, but then when I say "Why don't you come to Mummy?" then she jumps up immediately.

Or when I say "Up" to get her ont he couch, she doesn't get it, but when I say "hey why don't you sit over here brinkley" then she comes up. So weird!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my