Home: Breed Specific: Working Group:
Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

chilimson

Oct 25, 2003, 6:18 PM

Post #1 of 117 (5833 views)
Shortcut
Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel Can't Post

I read that the above dog was imported by someone in Malaysia, could someone let me know who or which kennel imported him? Thanks for you help.

rottzilla
Novice

Nov 2, 2003, 5:01 AM

Post #2 of 117 (5808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chilimson] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile
Hello ,
The owner of Vom Haus Onul told me Cliff was sold to Indonesia !!

(This post was edited by rottzilla on Nov 2, 2003, 5:05 AM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2003, 6:42 AM

Post #3 of 117 (5793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rottzilla] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi rottzilla,

U got a very nice website ! !Cool

U got very nice dogs, among all ur dogs , I like "Ebby" best , she has got a very nice pedigree even for "working", ever consider training her for ScH work.Wink

Quote from ur site :
-----------------------------------------------------------
""OUR DOGS (ROTTS) ARE IN TROUBLE !!

The breed standard describes the Rottweiler as "basically a calm, confident and courageous dog with a self-assured aloofness that does not lend itself to immediate and indiscriminate friendships".

"SHY & VICIOUS DOGS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE" !

Because uninformed,uncaring people - from celebrities to criminals - are acquiring Rottweilers, then failing to raise, train, socialize and maintain them properly, the Rottweiler has fallen into disrepute and is perceived by many as vicious.""
UnsureMad
----------------------------------------------------------

Rightly put ! Unimpressed...Owning & Breeding Rottweiler comes with a heavy responsibility ! ! Unimpressed
Rott are supposed to be bred for good natured, steady, self-assured manner & last but not the least, willingness to Work for his handler. A well bred rott of excellence temperament is a joy to own ! Cool

And IMO to accomplish all this we need to work/train our dogs for only by doing so, then we are able to identify those who have the desired character & working drive that can be select for breeding. I thk you said it best yourself when U wrote on ur site :

~You'll practice the "Code Of Ethics"
~And strive to "Better The Breed"

"...........If you truly love MY breed ""

very well said indeed....! Wink

Before I end here let me quote ADRK :
""The breeding of Rottweilers is and shall be the
breeding of working dogs""
~~~~~ from "The Rottweiler in Word & Picture",
as published by ADRK, 1926

and the ARV motto,
"Dedicated to Preserving the Total Rottweiler."
~~ maintaining both the conformation and the
working temperament of the Rottweiler

BTW good work on ur site & keep "working" ur Rott !......hope to see U on a ScH field someday....!!

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

qme465

Nov 3, 2003, 11:31 PM

Post #4 of 117 (5781 views)
Shortcut

hi rottzilla,

Wat is ur site add?..i wanna check it out..
TQ.

rottzilla
Novice

Nov 4, 2003, 12:13 AM

Post #5 of 117 (5777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Pollux,
I was wondering how did you know my website ?
Ha ! Ha! WinkWink

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2003, 4:46 AM

Post #6 of 117 (5771 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rottzilla,

Well U can say it is my "sixth sense"....been pretty accurate lately, wouldn't U say ! ! ha ha ha Tongue

Anyway...I was pretty surprised to see Meixner's dog here in M'sia. Rottweiler need more ppl like him, a great breeder who is able to breed not only structurally correct dog but most importantly good working dog as well.

So what's ur take on Guy's comment abt too many Yugos around, do U think we need to have some form of breeding guideline wt working trial here in M'sia to reduce the no. of rott millers & most importantly to produce healthy rottweiller of impeccable temperament & good stable nerve which is very much lacking over this part of the world....! Unsure

as mentioned by you ;
""......strives to breed a better next generation of Rottweilers with all the top bloodline in hand not only in the show ring, but also as a WORKING dog and above all, as a loved and trusted member of the family !""

Hope U can share ur vision & opinion on this board wt other fellow rotties on board..!! Cool

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Nov 4, 2003, 4:55 AM)

rottzilla
Novice

Nov 4, 2003, 10:17 PM

Post #7 of 117 (5760 views)
Shortcut

Hello Polluxx,

Definitely we need a breed survey to improve the breed standard in Malaysia !! But sometime it take two to make a quarrel , I think most of the Rottie breeders would not agree with us , especially those Ah Beng !!!UnsureUnsure ( you know what I mean ? )
In accordance with Guy's comment, If you flip through my dogs pedigree , you'll notice only 2 females are with some Yugos bloodlines !!

Ebby definitely is my favourite among all of my Rotts !! And Herr Meixner will send me another female pups in the begining of next year .SmileSmile
Did you ever own a Rottie ? It seems as you know a lot about Rotties !!
Feel free to email me or give me a ring since you know who am I !! Do you have any plan for a trip to KSZ 2004 ? Angelic

(This post was edited by rottzilla on Nov 4, 2003, 10:23 PM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #8 of 117 (5753 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rottzilla,

Well breed survey be a good idea....but breed survey alone without the main ingredient like a working trial such as ScH...will lose its meaning....rite ! Wink

But 1st thing 1st !... I dun thk the chapter is doing enuf.....other than organising 1 show this yr...! there is nothing which they have done to promote or more importantly to improve the breed standard especially in Temperament wise.. !...we need more but they are not delivering it !!....and for god sake....maybe its abt time they should bring some ADRK judge for a change.....somebody who will at least look out or able to read the dog's character & drv .....!!

Quote:

""And Herr Meixner will send me another female pups in the begining of next year .SmileSmile ''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's good news....maybe U can tell him more abt the situation in M'sia...

we need more robust working stock to improve the general temperament la!

Tell him we need more like "Ives Euspengiel" (sp??)....strong drv & hard .... he should know.....what I m talking abt......Tongue

Have U ever consider getting some stock from the current ADRK president kennel (V shambala)...esp from ambassador..from what I heard...he has good conformation but more importantly also very good working drv as well....he is in ur fav dog gallery if I not mistaken rite..!!Wink

Quote:

"''Did you ever own a Rottie ? It seems as you know a lot about Rotties !! ""

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost did....! Tongue...but I settle on a working GSD instead.....maybe if I have seen Meixner dog here earlier...I might have change my mind..!Cool

And abt Guy...I thk he made a fair comment..he is worried...it is not only here but even in the whole Europe icl Germany r being "invaded" by this Easter Bloc stocks (wt their Bear like head)...just look at the recent Klubsieger, I thk there is forign breeder than German one....... we must never forgot that rottweiler breeding is working dog breeding ...so temperament & willingness to work is very important....!!

BTW.....have u ever consider working ur dogs...esp "Ebby"...how is her temperament & working drv...! maybe U can chk out the "ScH & Protection thread"....there could be a few ppl near ur area who might just be interested in training together...! Who knows....just give it a shot..!

Quote:

""Do you have any plan for a trip to KSZ 2004 ? Angelic ""

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm...Yes I do have the intention to visit KSZ but for the moment I can't really afford it .....so maybe hopefully in the near future....but what I really like to see is DM !!Cool

Lastly.....my opinion abt the breed survey sytem, if no working trial involved...then it is not different from the beauty contest that we currently have now.....so even if we keep producing massive & Awesome head.....it will be empty just the same ! ! Unimpressed

robros
K9 Maniac

Nov 6, 2003, 5:11 AM

Post #9 of 117 (5742 views)
Shortcut

Wow, you all sound so knowledgeable in Rottweilers. I have several books on the breed since getting my Rotties many moons ago but no way can I compare to you guys!!

I have met up with several rottie owners and even attended the puppy.com gatherings. The rottweilers I see there seems to look like dobermanns....skinny and small sized. My male rottweiler came from an english/aussie champion line and look very much like the photos in the breed books and yet, I often get comments like my dog is fat. He is approx 48-50kg. Very handsome disposition and hefty in the shoulder muscle areas but slim in the waist. I wonder, since so many rottweiler owners said I have a huge rottweiler ... could they be right?

What's the malaysian standard?

boon
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2003, 5:45 PM

Post #10 of 117 (5737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

HI,

saw some info in other forum an average male rott will be aroung 95 to 105 and some can touch 120lb for a big one but not oversize. correct me if i'm wrong.

How old is ur rott ? 45 to 50kg seem ok for an adult rott.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

PSD
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2003, 8:26 PM

Post #11 of 117 (5732 views)
Shortcut

Robros,

I guess the weight is not important but the conditioning is. If your rott is well build and excercised often that is is carrying the muscle bulk instead of fats then it will look impressive. Otherwise it will look like an overfed bulldog Tongue Sorry just meant it as a joke hope I don't strike on any rottie people here.

You seam to have nice rott there.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

rottzilla
Novice

Nov 6, 2003, 9:29 PM

Post #12 of 117 (5730 views)
Shortcut

Hello Poluxx,
I apologized for my late reply !!
I 100% agreed your point of view like the working trail ,ADRK judges etc.....to ameliorate our breed standard . But all these things need $$$$$$$$$$$$$
and our chapter is not affordable at this moment .
The most troublesome problem is who will take the responsibility to convince those Ah Beng breeders UnsureUnsureUnsure who spend so much money to import those mediocre Rotties !! Just Imagine if all their dogs fail in the working trail and not applicable for breeding MadMad I've been proposed to them for many years,but I think is still impossible .
As I mentioned earlier,it takes two to make a quarrel,we need more people to support .
Concerning Ebby, she has extremly strong drive which is not suitable for most of the Rottie enthusiasts in Malaysia !! How many breeders know who is Ives Eulenspiegel , Benno Vom Allegaur Tor,Aki Von Der Peeler Hutte etc........ How many of them willing to spend so much time and effort to observe the working abilitiy ,temperament of their dogs ancestors from the ADRK Korung video tapes for years !! I dare to say more than 90% of them did not know and not willing to !!
I did bred Ebby once and she delivered 2 male pups . One of them having good life because his owner is an experience guy who involved in guard training for more than 20 years , but another poor brother was given away by his owner because the owner worried that this pup will jeopardize his family security Crazy!! Eventually This pups went to another trainer hand . The owners or the potential owner of Rottie in Malaysia still need to be educate .FrownFrownFrown
Ambassador is one of my favourites !! But I still have to observe for his progeny within 1-2 years,But I think he is one of the best Balou son SmileSmilein fact his owner Herr Rene Kulzer is a good friend of mine !! I will meet up with him in KSZ 2004 !!

(This post was edited by rottzilla on Nov 6, 2003, 10:05 PM)

PSD
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2003, 10:53 PM

Post #13 of 117 (5720 views)
Shortcut

The most troublesome problem is who will take the responsibility to convince those Ah Beng breeders UnsureUnsureUnsure who spend so much money to import those mediocre Rotties !! Just Imagine if all their dogs fail in the working trail and not applicable for breeding MadMad I've been proposed to them for many years,but I think is still impossible .

We cannot ever hope to convince any ah beng in my personal thinking.......but we must make sure we ourself having the consiousness of the breed not to turn into those ah beng you mentioned.

I did bred Ebby once and she delivered 2 male pups . One of them having good life because his owner is an experience guy who involved in guard training for more than 20 years , but another poor brother was given away by his owner because the owner worried that this pup will jeopardize his family security Crazy!! Eventually This pups went to another trainer hand . The owners or the potential owner of Rottie in Malaysia still need to be educate .FrownFrownFrown

Sadly to hear that, This is why always a breeder having such a serious genepool in hand don't just breed and sell the pups to any tom dick and harry. They will match them to the correct personality in such case, what happen to the 2nd pup will not happen. Worse that can happen is that the pup will get knocked and whacked from lack of understanding to become neurotic and therefore dangerous n unfair to their existence. I agree with you not everyone can handle a high drived dog. It happens all the time when the potential owner overate themself. The breeder in this case being more informed needs to mediate somehow.

I agree with you that the route to maintain the original breed is long and hard and needs a lot of $$$$$, Everyone seams to want to see how to get the $$$$$$$ but no one wants to fork it out rite?Tongue Well I'd say that this is a hobby and an interest. If we want to see the correct breed standards to be maintained then we have to search within ourselves first and grows it outwords. As the sayings goes "Ask not what others can do for us....Ask what we can do for others" Othwise nothing will happen if we do not move the pawn first in a chess game. I believe with your knowledge in the breed, if you find enough awakening, you will be able to succeed....even in Malaysia.Smile good luck

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2003, 6:31 AM

Post #14 of 117 (5708 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rottzilla,

Aiyo, No apologies needed la....! Wink

Quote:
"""But all these things need $$$$$$$$$$$$$
and our chapter is not affordable at this moment.
The most troublesome problem is who will take the responsibility to convince those Ah Beng breeders who spend so much money to import those mediocre Rotties !!"""
Yes, but somebody has to start somewhere. I may be wrong here but from wht U have wrote, it seems that U are either in the chapt or very close to the member themselve. So I believed ur connection + with the set-up U already have, U r in a very good position to lead by example . . .PSD says it best when he says, "Ask not what others can do for us....Ask what we can do for others" .....or should I add....."What can we do for our breed".....slowly & surely ppl will come to recognise the effort U put in...! At least ppl who care abt our breeds will..! ....As for those Ah Beng....who gives a shit !...the next thing u know, 2-3 yrs down the road....they might have move on to the next "flavour of the month" alredi..!

Yes....the road will be hard & U might even be alienated.....but if U luv the breed, the effort made will defintely be worth it...!! Well at least on this board U know u r not alone...Wink

I m sorry to hear abt Ebby's pup though....I fully agree wt U on needing to further educate most M'sia rott owner , in fact not just rott but other working breed as well. . . that is why this breed survey + working trial thing is Important . . . to prevent more indiscriminate breeding ! (the thing is even some of the chapter member themselves...who will stud their import dog out to any bitches out there...as long as the $$$ is rite..! )

.....maybe as a responsible breeder.....u just have to be a bit more selective in placing ur pups ! (BTW IF u do have problem placing ur pups.....dun hesitate to inform me...I wouldn't mind babysitting them....Blush....in fact I'm sure a lot of us on board wouldn't mind either .....he he he ! Tongue )
....hmmm.....p/s: PSD, Boon, Azman, , ...u guys ready for some serious babysitting job..he he he ! ! LaughLaugh..)

Quote:
""Concerning Ebby, she has extremly strong drive which is not suitable for most of the Rottie enthusiasts in Malaysia !! ""
I say dun worry abt that ! ... I m sure pups out of "her" when placed wt the rite owners who is willing to train, play & work with them will EXCEL over the rest ...! Cool

Quote :
""How many breeders know who is Ives Eulenspiegel , Benno Vom Allegaur Tor,Aki Von Der Peeler Hutte etc........ How many of them willing to spend so much time and effort to observe the working abilitiy ,temperament of their dogs ancestors from the ADRK Korung video tapes for years !! I dare to say more than 90% of them did not know and not willing to !!""
--------------------------------------------------------
I know its a bit sad....but this should not come as a surprise . . . .most of them are no different from the average "BYB"...they are in for the $$$ only !!.... But in anycase I do hope that none of the chapt members is like what U mentioned above ! That would be "sacrilege" !Shocked....

Quote:
""Ambassador is one of my favourites !! But I still have to observe for his progeny within 1-2 years,But I think he is one of the best Balou son in fact his owner Herr Rene Kulzer is a good friend of mine !! ""
---------------------------------------------------------
he he he...! Yup ...I thk he still has room for improvement.....once he fill up his size fully....that would be awesome..!! IMO he got his conformation from Balou but his working drv definitely from his dam , Cleo....a good looking Hammerbactal's working bitch...he he he ! Tongue

BTW it is good to hear that U are on such good terms with so many good breeders, (me very envy ! Sly)...hmmm maybe if U or others can bring in more of their stock there is Hope after all for our dear Rott in here !!

Good Luck Wink !

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Nov 7, 2003, 7:03 AM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2003, 7:43 AM

Post #15 of 117 (5702 views)
Shortcut

Hi robros,

Boon is rite la ! If ur dog is alredi an adult , dun worry la, his weight is still within range ! But if U r worry then put him on diet la, it is much better to keep him on the lower end of the scale ! Healthier as well ! Tongue

BTW Forget abt M'sia Standard ! Laugh , a well bred Rottweiler should be following ADRK standard , chk out their standard for size below...! Cool

Size and weight
Heigth at withers:
For males is : [ 61 - 68 cm ]
61 - 62 cm is small
63 - 64 cm is medium height
65 - 66 cm is large - correct height
67 - 68 cm is very large
Weight: approximately : 50 kg
----------------------------------

For bitches is : [56 - 63 cm]
56 - 57 cm is small
58 - 59 cm is medium height
60 - 61 cm is large - correct height
62 - 63 cm is very large
Weight: approximately 42 kg

====================================

If ur dog's is the one shown on the ur avatar, I thk it looks ok..! How old is he BTW ? ?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2003, 8:03 AM

Post #16 of 117 (5697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to know there are more working line dogs here in M'sia..Smile

before you guys( Sch enthusiasts & rottzilla) came, i thought the working dogs here were "doomed" so to speak. I couldn't even think abt Schutzhund...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSD
ALPHA

Nov 7, 2003, 7:50 PM

Post #17 of 117 (5690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

before you guys( Sch enthusiasts & rottzilla) came, i thought the working dogs here were "doomed" so to speak. I couldn't even think abt Schutzhund...

RD,

I often get personal mails from people asking me "is there such thing as a working line?" or "what is a working line" .......no need to talk about SchH lah I think even pronouncing it gives a lot of people the tongue tied in reef knot.....lolTongue

Anyway, good to see more participation here.

BTW, maybe you might be interested to b the 1st lady handler to SchH title a dog in Malaysia.....think about it...there is a will there is a way.Smile

PSD

robros
K9 Maniac

Nov 8, 2003, 12:09 AM

Post #18 of 117 (5677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...my boy is already 6 years old and my female is pushing 7half although she still thinks that she's one Sweet Young Thing!!

What is the average age for Rottweilers? My boy is very aloof and definitely and solely a mummy's boy whereas my girl is a GRO...anybody also good friend-lah. They are so different. He's an excellent guard dog and she's an excellent PR babe!!Smile

PSD
ALPHA

Nov 8, 2003, 12:33 AM

Post #19 of 117 (5676 views)
Shortcut

Robros,

Seams like your rotties are enjoying themselves very much thanks to youTongue

I can't really give you much comments about rotts as this is not really my normal cup of tea. I would have guessed that 10-11 yrs as a norm but I had also heard them goes up to 15 years if the diet and conditioning is good.

When you wrote he is an excellent guard dog what actually do you mean? Is he being trained to bite intruders? Otherwise I think you may have meant that he is an excellent "watch dog" instead. The difference is that a watch dog will bark, growl and snare and keep intruders away which is all a self defence and teritorial features if the intruder continues advancement and the threat of bodily harm then the dog may chose to back away and even take flight if the stress is over its natural threshold. A guard dog will just rush forward and take a bite if the intruder enters. Just to understand which do you mean Smile

PSD

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2003, 6:10 AM

Post #20 of 117 (5661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Rottweiler - Cliff v.d. konigskanzel [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkWinkWinkWinki would love to...but now...lolLaugh...i hv 4 dogs..and dad says no more dogs...

and I'm not sure how good Tyson or Hazel's drives are..not sure if I can train them..

Hazel has a very poor prey drive though..Unsure

hehehe...but I am definitely interested.Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

chilimson

Nov 8, 2003, 6:24 AM

Post #21 of 117 (5661 views)
Shortcut

I think the locals live longer than those that are imported, and am not sure about the reason why. I also find that the locals tends to be smaller on an average versus those imported ones, and again am not sure why. I imported several Rottweilers over the last 8 years, and asked the quarantine keeper, who happen to be a pet trader as well. He also breeds GSD, and he also agreed that locally bred dogs tends to be smaller. He does not think it is food because he had done all kind of experience, such as food, bone, etc.. He mentioned to me that he had one friend who bred some GSD and kept all the puppies in an air conditioned environment, and the puppies turn out to be bigger on an average. I am not a breeder so will be glad if someone could share some insights.

Actually, there are a lot of working lines still in Germany, besides Shambala kennel. There are classic Flugschneise, Herterner Wappen, Herrenholz, Schwaiger Wappen, etc.. My only advise is that you must be committed to train those dogs that are from strong working lines, and also you must be very responsible to ensure that they go to homes that know how to handle them. Otherwise, please do not breed them, as the Rottweiler will be extinct because of bad reputation and government legislation. If you spend time with those working lines dog, they are absolutely great companion!Sly

chilimson

Nov 8, 2003, 6:30 AM

Post #22 of 117 (5660 views)
Shortcut

Thanks. I actually seen him at his kennel about two years ago, and he is really an extremely strong and robust dog. Thought I could pop into Malaysia to take a look at him again. Too bad..he is in Germany. Apparently I read that his breedings do not have good hips, and that is why he was sold. I remembered an earlier breeding in one of the famous working Belgian breeder also produce some hip related kids that was sold to America. Herr Guenter has a few very great looking dog, such as Diva and Elcan. Any chance to share your website to see your Rottie?

rottzilla
Novice

Nov 8, 2003, 9:06 PM

Post #23 of 117 (5646 views)
Shortcut

Hello Chilimson,
Some breeders told me the same thing ,Cliff doesn't produced good hips puppies !! But I personally don't like his headtype, I think is a bit too wet !! Frown
Regarding my website add,would you mind to give me your email address so that I could email you ? Wink
What do you think of Akino? Although he has produced some nice dogs such as Cujo,Diva,Gwen etc....?

(This post was edited by rottzilla on Nov 8, 2003, 9:09 PM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2003, 4:31 AM

Post #24 of 117 (5639 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chilimson,

Was wondering where U have been since U started this thread !

Looks like other than yourself, we have another "rottie enthusiastic", rottzilla on board. Hope U dun mind me saying that...! ! Tongue.....

Quote:"in Germany, besides Shambala kennel. There are classic Flugschneise, Herterner Wappen, Herrenholz, Schwaiger Wappen,etc "

--------------------------------------------------------------

.....oh yeah...! and also not forgetting Steinbrucke (sp..?), Teufelsbrucke (also excel in show !)...Hammerbachtal, Kaistenbruch..sp? (Aust)..etc !...Wink

Quote :- ""My only advise is that you must be committed to train those dogs that are from strong working lines, and also you must be very responsible to ensure that they go to homes that know how to handle them. Otherwise, please do not breed them,""

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very well said, "responsiblity" is the key word here. Both for the breeders & the owners.

My point here is simple, rottweiler is a working breed, period. Therefore working lines or not, the main breeding goal is for stable nerves, even temperament & most of all good working drv, then only we look for other physical stuff.

As for owners, they & the future buyers are expected to know this, rotties r not a animal that r to be chained or caged continually, they r expected to be strong, aloof & sturbon ! ! but one thing they r definitely not expected to be is weak nerve, fear biter, or even too friendly wt strangers !!

I do not know whether U agree wt me on this, but what I do know is if all we the rott "admirer" continued to keep quiet and allowed the pressure on the commercial side of thing which caused breeder to go for the look(such as head size & oh yeah !...even rear angulation is being look at now ) & less sturbon stock instead of working drv & temperament, will in the long run caused the rott's genepool to be "soft" then the character that we so admire before will not longer be available to us, wouldn't it be too late by then . . . Shocked ! ! .....I understand u r no more actively involved with rott nowadays, but I thk Sgp does need somebody like U to keep the interest going ! Wink . . . .can't help noticing the no. is down lately in Sg ! ! Unimpressed

Quote:- "" as the Rottweiler will be extinct because of bad reputation and government legislation. ""

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was wondering whether U have seen the latest commercial on air, "Manhattan Card"..Mad ' . . I think it leaves a very bad taste, not good for the reputation of "rottie".

Quote:- "you spend time with those working lines dog, they are absolutely great companion!Sly ""

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't agree with U more ! Cool...LaughLaugh

chilimson

Nov 9, 2003, 5:32 AM

Post #25 of 117 (5636 views)
Shortcut

Hi Polluxx, I am so sorry, because I was on biz trip and did not respond earlier. I am really glad to see Rottzilla on board as well, and hope to see more great working Rottweilers type in this region. I agree with you on having the stable nerve and temperament, but I find that most people do not know how to handle the real working line. Therefore, I think it is extremely important for those breeder to choose the right puppy for the right owner, and the only way is to spend time understand their own breed and litter. Unfortunately, most backyard breeders are just interested in getting rid of their puppies and do not spend sufficient time to learn about their breed (if they are serious about starting a line) or that set of puppies. I do believe that there will always be a spread among the litter, and so it is also important for the breeder to help the owners choose the right puppy. Even if it means not selling an extremely sharp puppy and keeping until an appropriate owner shows up.

It is interesting for you to make reference to the Austrian kennel, because I really do not think any home should own such a line without a strong commitment to have them really really train professionally. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion because I am so afraid that the Rottweilers will end up being classified further like those stupid advertisements. I am not kidding because I own a Vico von Flugschneise daughter, and she is a Racker von Hertener Wappen's granddaughter. Absolutely strong character and extreme prey drive, and I had to spend so much time traing her at a very young age because she is really realy a character. I started some time to research her line, and I really could appreciate blood line and line breeding.

It is really difficult to have a perfect match of type and look, but I think it is possible and that is why there are so many breeders trying. Well, if I do retire and have more time, will probably try as well because I have some of the greatest bloodline from Germany as well. But do not spend time breeding them, as this is just my passionate interest and not money making machines.

I regretted that the Rottweiler breed is dying in Singapore because of poor imports and really very commercialize pet trade. Most of the puppies and imported from Australia or NZ because of exemption from quarantine. It is costly and also a nightmare for the puppies, and most pet shop bring the puppies without worrying about bloodline. Anyway, I will stop importing for a while because of the tail issue.

Will do my best to keep reading this forum.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my