Home: General: Chit Chat:
Weird things that dogs find!

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 9, 2002, 4:05 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2479 views)
Shortcut
Weird things that dogs find! Can't Post

The things that dogs find....the other day i was walking him outside our apartment....we hv this really big greenary with slopes and at the bottom is a small river....well i use a retractable leash so he can hv more freedom to romp around and i was halfway down the slope and he was all the way down just by the river when i saw him sniffing at something....a few seconds later he came running up with something in his mouth and acted as if he had a prized trophy with him...shd hv seen his face like he was beaming with pride.....when he brought the thing to me i saw a whole piece of long snake skin! Needless to say i cabut frm there at once at the thought of snakes eeeekkkk!

Anyone's dog found anything that makes u go "aarrrgghhhh yucks!" before?

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Oct 9, 2002, 5:34 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Weird things that dogs find! [In reply to] Can't Post

lol. Dogs find the wierdest things! Sandra has a habit of killing frogs. It's so disgusting when she brings it to me when she's done with it! When she was younger and in her prime, she used to catch and kill all sorts of creatures... She's caught a rat and cockroach before. And with the help of Brownie (who is now at the RainbowBridge), she killed a huge monitor lizard. Unsure

-= Tisha =-

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 9, 2002, 7:49 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Weird things that dogs find! [In reply to] Can't Post

oooohhhh your garden must be a hunting ground for them! Huge monitor lizard....luckily it didn't bite or scratch your dogs.....guess i'm lucky in the sense that i live in an apartment and don't hv to deal with my dog killing anything eeky....the only thing he can find at home to eat and kill are ants, beetles and sometimes baby lizards Unsure....that's why i was so geli when he found the snake skin and thank goodness it was without the snake! Shocked

(This post was edited by ginl on Oct 9, 2002, 7:51 AM)

les
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2002, 10:07 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2463 views)
Shortcut

Yeah... lucky that the snake wasnt there.. if not.. Shocked Sunny never killed anything yet.. I took him for a walk sometimes at the park.. he just starred at the frog.. but din't do anything to hurt the frog.. Unsure Well... haha Smile

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Oct 9, 2002, 10:39 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2459 views)
Shortcut

Reminds me of the other day when I saw the snake. We were out walking along the front of the condo. The dogs had stopped to .. well ... lift their legs in a bush. I glanced idly down, only to discover a lovely bright green tree snake in the bush next door. I'm so glad they picked the other bush and didn't notice it.

My terrors have been known to kill the occasional bird or rat. Not nice things to find dead in your backyard. Now we don't have a backyard, so the yukkiest thing is when they stop and start munching on something they've found on the side of the road. I'm always revolted and tell them 'bad dog', but it doesn't seem to stop them.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 9, 2002, 10:50 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] Weird things that dogs find! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know what you mean....the 'leave it' command doesn't seem to work with mine either if he found a living thing, whether dead or alive....once in a playground he found a carcass of a dead crow and as soon as he saw me approcahing him he started dragging the thing and running off with it coz he knew I'd take it away frm him Mad

wkser
ALPHA

Oct 9, 2002, 11:58 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2450 views)
Shortcut

hi,
so far my nous haven;t got something that surprise me from his mouth......but he always manage to catch a bee and ate it....i just afraid that he will got stung one day........

regards
kangser and nous

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Oct 10, 2002, 5:28 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Weird things that dogs find! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow .. bees. Yes, I'd be scared of Nous getting bitten.

I've never heard of dogs that catch and eat bees, but flies are pretty common back in Australia. My Emmy sometimes catches them and eats them. My mum's dog, Gippy, used to catch them, bite off the heads and spit out the body ... truly ewwww!

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Oct 11, 2002, 3:08 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] Weird things that dogs find! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sandra loves to catch flies too! lol. I used to have a Cocker Spaniel who once caught a bird! She's THAT fast! Thankfully, Mocca hasn't picked up any of those habits from Sandra...yet... Unsure

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my