Home: General: Chit Chat:
3 favourite things about your dog(s)

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2002, 1:22 AM

Post #1 of 9 (1830 views)
Shortcut
3 favourite things about your dog(s) Can't Post

i think people like us like to brag about our dogs and how clever/wonderful/perceptive/loving/etc they are. so here's a thread for us to go all the way. i know that trying to think of ONLY three is really difficult but if there is no limit some people will write little novellas. Cool

Sheeri Sly
  1. i love her protective/nurturing nature. she can always tell when someone needs love, a lick or a brown head in their lap.
  2. i love watchingn her run. she has short hair and you can see the muslces flexing, the tail whipping from side to side and the pure exhiliration in her beautiful brown eyes.
  3. i love the way she always rolls over for a tummy rub when i get back from work. then she wags her tail so hard, her bum hits a dining chair and sends it flying. no one has ever made me feel so wanted.

Monty Tongue
  1. i love they he loves everyone. even people who try to hurt him. he licked the vet at UPM while he was drawing blood.
  2. i love the way he uses his little paws to hold on to you when you carry him. he uses his two front paws like hands and he will hold you still if you try to escape his morning kisses.
  3. i love the way he blatantly ignores all our efforts at trick training. he looks at us as if to say, "I'm already sooooo cute. IF I could do tricks, people would be even more in love with me. And how would my poor little ego cope with that kind of adoration."

i hope lotsa people will share.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 9, 2002, 3:55 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] 3 favourite things about your dog(s) [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's one of my 3 favs :

1) I love it when he comes to me every morning while I'm still sleeping and stretches himself with his two front paws touching me and his elongated body stretching to the limit....right after that he'd roll over and expects me to rub his belly.

2) I love it when he gets bored and wants to either go out for his walks or wants to play, he'd yawn in such a way that he snaps his teeth together at the end of the yawn sometimes even let out a small yelp at the same time and if I say "wanna go walk walk?", he'd jump up and down and waits at the door.

3) I love the way that he's so friendly towards everyone and every dog he meets.....and how he just loves it when ppl pet him. Beware though he has a tendency to lick your mouth and if you happen to smile he'll lick your teeth! I always see ppl having to wipe their mouths heheh....

(This post was edited by ginl on Oct 9, 2002, 3:57 AM)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Oct 9, 2002, 5:55 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] 3 favourite things about your dog(s) [In reply to] Can't Post

What a wonderful idea! And I agree, 3 things are not enough! Wink

SANDRA - (1) I love her affectionate nature. Though she's so big, she likes to lie down with her paws on my lap. Her whole body shakes when she's happy and she'll stick her head under your arm if you're sitting down and she wants a pat. Sometimes she'll rest her head on your knee until you give her some lovin'!

(2)I love the way she's so protective. She barks at appropriate times such as when there is a stranger outside the house or when she hears a strange noise. When I say "What's that?", she'll prick her ears and start investigating. Everytime I take her out for a walk at night, she'll be extra suspicious of everything. If she sees anyone, she'll growl and give the person a really sharp stare.

(3)I love her noble look. She has this "look of eagles" when she's got her ears pricked forward. She really looks so elegant, and I have to admit that I feel really proud when she struts around. She seems to float, and she's so perfectly built! She's a real classy lady!

MOCCA - (1)I love her puppy kisses! Everytime I bend down or pick her up, she'll attack me with kisses non-stop. She does this all the time, and sometimes she whines when she can't reach my face Tongue

(2)I love the way she cuddles up to me when I sit down. She loves to lie down in my lap, and doesn't mind being squeezed... She's the first dog I've owned who likes to be held like a baby!

(3)I love her adorable look. Right now, she looks so cute, yet you can see a trace of how beautiful she will grow up to be. She's always so curious about everything and is starting to learn the "What's that?" trick.

And I just have to add that the two of them are soo photogenic and obedient! I love them to death for the joy they bring to my life! Smile

-= Tisha =-

boon
Doggyman

Oct 9, 2002, 10:46 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] 3 favourite things about your dog(s) [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeap, 3 things are just not enough to describe my notti angel, Bonney! Cool

1. Bark non stop when i back home, she will feel it when i got home, even a few minutes before i reach home, she will bark and her tail keep moving...that what my mum told me. She can't wait even a second for me to settle down, change clothes and a cup of water. When i'm ready to hug her, hehehhehehe guess what will happen ? First thing first, my face got washed and llicked. yammi....such a notti and adorable angel of mine.

2. When i sit down on the floor, she will try to jump on me and her front paws will put on my shoulder, if i didn't let her do this, hahhahaa she will "throw" herself on me simply jump on me and expect me to hold/hug her for a while, if i let go her when she feel that he deserve more, then she will jump on me again till she feel like she is enough of "manja".

3. Breakfast/Dinner time, sometime she will not eat the kibble herself if she is not in mood, then i gotta to feed her by hand and then she only take it. I know taht this is not a good idea of doing this, but what to do, can't see her not eating, and feel a bit worry. I knew that this is too much of "manja" her, but she is a quenn in my family. HeehhehehPirate after finish her dinner, the next thing to do is to feed her water and she will expect me to take a towel to wash her face. After that, wah...Blush quickly fly to living room and jump onto one of the biggest chair available and laying there to watch TV and sometime fall sleep.

These is just not enough for describing what a wonderful and creative thing that she can think of. After dinner, then i only have some time for myself to settle down, take bath, take dinner and she will come to "disturb" me again.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

valery

Oct 15, 2002, 11:06 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Since both my boys have rather similar characteristics; these are what I love most about them:

1. The way the wag their tails even as soon as they hear my car reaching the gate. They will react in such a way that no human will....full of joy and unabandoned love to see me. All excitement is what they are. Jump in, jump out, jump all over the place. The minute I open the front door, they will both run outside as though doing the 100M dash and back into the house. Just I'm about to plump myself down on the footstool, one of them will be there first, dependingon who's faster...and the race begins!

2. I love the way they both walk "goyang left, goyang right" It reminds me so much of baby diapers advertisements. Most times, I feel so geram it talks everybit of self control not to bite them! Ya...I'm such a meanie. Rocky, your folds on your back simply drive me crazy !!!!!! Geram, geram.........

3. What I love the most about Rocky and Bubbles is that they will always come to you no matter how tired they are. I look into their eyes and I see this world of understanding that would be near impossible to find elsewhere. The way the wake me up when I simply try to catch a catnap or the way the jump all over me to play...yep, my 26lb Rocky too.

But above all I love them for their unconditional love and for being my friend.

To Rocky & Bubbles: I love you both just as much and I truly hope that you will always be by my side for as long as God will allow. You have both been truly great boys and I am truly honoured to have you with me. Continue as you are, with your antics that always cheer me up after a hard days work and your silent understanding. Love, hugs and kisses always......

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2002, 1:25 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1759 views)
Shortcut

The 3 things that I most love about Munji are:-

( 1 ) She learned everything fast. One of the training was to retrieve (I know she’s too young for this – 7 weeks). I threw a stick & she ran for it & came back with no return. I used a bone, she ran for it & didn’t came back (she stayed there & chew). I rolled a ball with noises (there was something inside but can’t see through), she tried to catch the ball but the ball kept going away & making noises, & finally, she got it in her mouth & brought it back to me (released on my hand). She did this for a few days & finally got boring with it (I guess because she can always catch it – too easy). Since I always based on her natural instinct to train her, I’m planning to buy a small remote toy car with sound (small enough to grab by mouth). This way, we can use it to play outdoor & she’ll chase like never before she can retrieve. She can even climb up & down the stairs although she did it very slowly. I also let her walk on a plank which is enough for her to walk only – she’ll walk to & from without falling out. The thing l like most about this is when she turns to walk back because it has small space only. The only thing that takes ages to learn is her potty training. Anyway, she doesn’t eat her poo anymore. It isn’t that I fed her full ‘till she can’t take in. It isn’t that I clean her poo immediately. She just left it alone (even for hours when I’m not at home) after being trained – she’s fast for this.

( 2 ) She’s understanding & obedient. She’ll greet you like a cat! She’ll come to my legs & caresses me with her furs & licking, wagging her tail, & I’ll caress her back & then carry her into my arm (buoy, she’s getting heavier) & she’ll lay quietly like a baby. She’ll be very active when I play with her, jumping & running around. When I’m lazy, I’ll just sit on my sofa & play "fishing" (holding a cloth & let her bite the other end) with her while watching TV – she doesn’t mind. I purposely pull & let loose the cloth (just like playing kite) & shake it hard as if I’m fighting for the cloth. She’ll twist the cloth by turning her body again & again until the cloth is tightened & pull hard – my sis loves to watch this a lot. She knows my sis doesn’t like her to be in her room, so she’ll stay & wait at her doorway while my sis put things in her room (door not closed). She’ll resume her affectionate caresses when my sis came out. When we’re not playing with her, she’ll just sit with/under us quietly or play with her toys & will not bother us if we’re ironing, mopping, etc.

( 3 ) She’s funny. She’s just like every pup/dog, loves belly rubs, touches, hugs, kisses, play, etc. But, she can really do funny things. When she runs, she looks forward. But when you call her suddenly, she’ll turn to look at you while still running ahead – she knocked herself to the chairs, tables, etc Laugh& we laughed so happily (so bad, huh?)Tongue. When I chase her, she’ll run like crazy, seeking places to hide, & then when I came near to her, I’ll say "catcha" & she’ll take up her 2 front legs (like surrendering) Smile – maybe it’s a type of self-defence. When she’s asleep, her eyes aren’t closed fully. Sometimes, I tried not to wake her up, so I walk without my indoor slippers. I was sneaking while staring at her & "POOP", she opened her eyes Shocked – she made me gigglesSly. And I guess she was wondering what was happening to me, so I just said, "nevermind, sleep, sleep" & she’ll lay down to sleep again. When feeding time, I’ll run with her bowl & she’ll chase me for her food. Then I stopped & dance with her bowl, she’ll look at her bowl with her head up, down, left, right, & round! Smile

To sum up, God saw my pain after Bobby was away for more than 18 years & He gave me a new heart to enable me to love again. Although it's ridiculous, I want to believe Bobby is in Munji. Munji is really adorable, not with her cutie look, but with her heart-warming actions! Her behaviours & characteristics really blend well with us, & that really make us like her so much.

boon
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2002, 6:32 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cecilia74] 3 favourite things about your dog(s) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cecilia,

any photos of munji yet ? can't wait to see her....

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Oct 21, 2002, 10:03 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] 3 favourite things about your dog(s) [In reply to] Can't Post

No yet develop-lah - always forget to bring when I go out. Shall be this weekend.

boon
Doggyman

Oct 22, 2002, 3:45 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cecilia74] 3 favourite things about your dog(s) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cecilia,

Woof, woof....sniff sniff.....Wink can't wait to meet her online...[Bonney said]Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my