Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
How to stop doggie from licking and pulling hair?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 24, 2003, 8:16 PM

Post #26 of 35 (1312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] How to stop doggie from licking and pulling hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

billy's parents are from auz...so i guess should be from the english linage gua?? Crazy his coat is lighter...cream color actually...not like those goldens we see on tv with very very golden and almost brown coats....but i like billy's coat color....is golden cream.....Cool

nope, never intended to breed him....coz first of all, i don't know his health background..like, if there are any genetic disorders running in his family....2nd, he's not to the standard...he's a bit smaller than the required height...standing at only 22 or 23 inches...3rd, although he has very very good temper and is gentle...he's a bit slow in training... so i don't intend to breed him at all....my brother's friend who has a female golden asked me before and i turned him down... but nonetheless, i love billy....he's my boy.....SmileSmileSmile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 25, 2003, 10:41 AM

Post #27 of 35 (1310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] How to stop doggie from licking and pulling hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

HISmile

You are indeed a responsible owner...well said and respect given ...I support your decision coz it is a big decision to breed your dogs and if you do not know their background it is not fair to pass on any unwanted genetics to the next generation...thumbs up to you...

I guess many goldens here in M'sia are from the english linage...the two girls my bf owns are from english linage too...Princess is from Auz and her daughter Dutchess is of Auz mix England...the father is from a well known kennel in England, Northenwood I think is the name spelled...both colour is light-cream and so my bf is planning to get an american linage for Dutchess when she is ready for breeding...Tim(my bf's name) only breeds the girls once...he wants to keep one pup of each generation and fo far all the pups that Princess produce are alright...meets the required standard...the litter Princess had were all females...Dutchess was picked and kept and the others when home to responsible owners...we keep contact with all the new owners up till now...and the girls have grown up to be like their father ...English and M'sia Champion look...especially Dutchess

It is only lately that we see goldens from American linage around and they are gaining popularity fast among goldens admirers locally...all the recent champions in the shows are of the American linage...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2003, 2:41 AM

Post #28 of 35 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] How to stop doggie from licking and pulling hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi!
thanks for your compliment. just feels sad to know that alot of dog owners breed their dogs becoz they want puppies, puppies are cute, their dog is beautiful/handsome...sigh...without first going through the health background of their dog...

i'm glad your bf has 2 beautiful goldies (would love to see their pix!)...and you made an effort to place the puppies in good homes...but then, and i mean no offense here, is dutchess clear of any hip/eye problems? is the father of dutchess also clear of genetic disorders? i understand that the father of dutchess is a m'sian champion and certainly don't mean to say that he's not well...but just to be on the safe side...i'm sure you don't want puppies with health problems as well.

what is the difference between the american and english linage anyway? most obviously, the color?

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 29, 2003, 2:49 AM

Post #29 of 35 (1303 views)
Shortcut

I don't know if this helps, but some breeds have a greater tendency to do this. Dobermans are prone to this, but I'm not too sure about GRs. Hope your problem is solved soon!

-= Tisha =-

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2003, 3:06 AM

Post #30 of 35 (1302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] How to stop doggie from licking and pulling hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

GRs are prone to hot spots...which is an annoying problem...

ladee has a poodle though..

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2003, 4:23 AM

Post #31 of 35 (1301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] How to stop doggie from licking and pulling hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Kesuke Smile

You can see Duchess pic on TimChan avatar...Can assure you that Duchess has no defects... Tim(my bf) is aware of the genetics and health that most goldens carries and he has done much research b4 he breed Princess...and Duchess father as well...

the colour...is what I notice most distinctly....

But I am no golden pro...It is mostly based on my observations...

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2003, 4:30 AM

Post #32 of 35 (1300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] How to stop doggie from licking and pulling hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi PyRoMaNiac,

I think you are confused...My doggie (Ladee) issue has been resolved sometime back...Kesuke and I are discussing about goldens from the American linage and the British linage...side track...

You own a poodle too? standard, miniature or toy?... care to share experiences? check out the poodle gand in Toy Breed and Poodle talk in Me and My Dog....

kesuke
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2003, 1:55 AM

Post #33 of 35 (1297 views)
Shortcut

okie...will try to find timchan...Smile

i am glad that your bf is a responsible owner and hobby breeder...thumbs up to your guy!! Laugh

btw, how's ladee doing now?

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Dec 2, 2003, 2:43 AM

Post #34 of 35 (1296 views)
Shortcut

LOL. You must excuse me! I've definitely gotten mixed up somehow... Glad to hear your problem's been resolved! My current dog is a "Spoodle Terrier"... in other words, she's a rojak of Poodle, Terrier and Cocker Spaniel. Smile

-= Tisha =-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2003, 7:29 PM

Post #35 of 35 (1295 views)
Shortcut

lil Mocca looks a little like my dog,Silky(yea,I know..lame nameTongue) She's a cocker spaniel mix terrier.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my