Home: General: Chit Chat:
How To Use "KONG"???

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 5, 2002, 7:22 AM

Post #1 of 23 (28009 views)
Shortcut
How To Use "KONG"??? Can't Post

Click the link - The World Of KONG, to learn more ...
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

HWONG
Novice

Oct 7, 2002, 7:52 AM

Post #2 of 23 (27977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] How To Use "KONG"??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Leo,

Thks for the info and I hope my MAC will leave the plants alone.Sly

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 7, 2002, 8:01 AM

Post #3 of 23 (27974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HWONG] How To Use "KONG"??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Get the black colour KONG - the extra large one should keep your Mac done Cool !!!
LEO PUI

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2002, 8:05 AM

Post #4 of 23 (27974 views)
Shortcut

it's nice that you are promoting the use of kongs to the forum members. i guess many people wouldn't know what to do with them. i was very confused by them when i first read about them.

i just want to say that although they are pretty expensive, i do believe they are virtually indestructible. we have two, one for each dog. they love them and each has a unique way of unstuff their kong. we've had the kongs for over a year and they is virtually no wear and tear. it's really endless hours fo entertainment for the dogs. my sister says it's like doggy PSII.

however, my picky babies are soo spoilt-lah! when i put kibble in the kong as the main course, they ignore it. they just eat the stuff they like and scatter the rest around the living room as if to say, "serves you right for putting THAT rubbish in my kong."

their favourite fillings are scrambled egg and cheese, peanut butter and the doggyman dried chicken bits.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 7, 2002, 8:18 AM

Post #5 of 23 (27973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] How To Use "KONG"??? [In reply to] Can't Post

... it's nice that you are promoting the use of kongs to the forum members ...

Am I promoting it Crazy Crazy Crazy ??? Guess the KONG Company should pay me some commission for this Cool Cool Cool !!!

When I first purchase the KONG, I have some "trouble" introducing to some of my dog but everything go on fine with-in a few days. Owner need to be a bit of patient and do some "play" with their dog while in the process of using KONG ...

Just my living experience sharing, I feed them in small portion over the bowl and once they "ask" for more, then the stuffed KONG came into!!! I guess it is a rather straight forward thing ... Wink Tongue Cool !!!

Indeed, I have find KONG to be most useful toy by far!!! I wonder who is the inventor? behind??
LEO PUI

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 7, 2002, 5:31 PM

Post #6 of 23 (27967 views)
Shortcut

hi leopui,

Refers: "I wonder who is the inventor? behind?? " It's all stated in its web site Smile

Likewise, a few months back, I put kibbles in the KONG as well as some in the bowl. I need to do that in order for Rex NOT to gobble up the food too fast.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

(This post was edited by cdmoo on Oct 7, 2002, 5:34 PM)

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 7, 2002, 6:43 PM

Post #7 of 23 (27963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] How To Use "KONG"??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi CD Moo,

Thank you for the direction Smile but I have the debts on the history ... there are just a few different side of "story" I have learn all those years ... some claimed that it was originally from England and some said it was from Germany ... May be Markham "re-modify" the KONG???

This is not an big issue anyway but I thought it will be good to learn some history Wink !!!
LEO PUI

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2002, 11:17 PM

Post #8 of 23 (27951 views)
Shortcut

My babies love their Kongs. We currently have three different shapes. A bone shape, the standard Kong shape with extra texture and a flying saucer shape. We've had a couple for a few years and I bought one more here because I wasn't sure their 'toys' would arrive in the crate when they came, but they did. They are expensive, but provide endless hours of enjoyment and are especially good if you have to leave your babies home alone like I do. I've never had one broken, but did lose one in the garden ... never to be seen again. Hopefully the next dog to arrive in the house will uncover it. My Emmy is good at that, whenever we move to a new house she finds all the buried treasures in the garden, goes through a digging phase that I get really annoyed with, but once she's done, she doesn't dig again.

No garden in our condo here ... Frown, still it's not that bad for them, it means I HAVE to take them for 3 or 4 walks a day. Good news. I bought a guard rail on the weekend and I've now got them loose in my bathroom rather than crated while I'm at work. I hope they appreciate it ... lol.

HWONG
Novice

Oct 8, 2002, 1:09 AM

Post #9 of 23 (27945 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,

I bought the black Kong(largest size) and its expensive Rm 58.50. I am still a little confused what to stuff in there. The openings are quite big and normal dog food will simply fall out. I thought perhaps the crunchy bits is best mixed with canned dog food (luncheon meat type) but all the canned stuff are in chunky receipe. Can anyone suggest the appropriate fillings which will keep MAC entertained long enough?

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 8, 2002, 1:30 AM

Post #10 of 23 (27942 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hwong,

Re-check the link and modify with what you have for the stuffing ...

I started with some small cube of semi cook liver (chix & pig), few table spoon of canned dog food, few table spoon of Tuna fish (chunk - in oil) and about 15 numbers of kibble ... mixed it and started stuffing!!!

Always wash the KONG after each use before stuffing the new stuffs!!!

Luncheon meat may be a bit too salty for the dog, you can always buy some fresh beef striple (wash thoroughtly and cook well for the started) to replace or to stuff.

Human go for different dishes every meal ... same go to doggies, make it exciting then ... only found out what is inside until the last dig Cool !!!
LEO PUI

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 8, 2002, 1:34 AM

Post #11 of 23 (27940 views)
Shortcut

I read somewhere that u can use peanut butter to seal up the holes....smear some at the smallest part of the kong...do your stuffing and then seal up with more peanut butter.....dogs just love peanut butter!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Oct 8, 2002, 5:14 PM

Post #12 of 23 (27933 views)
Shortcut

hi hwong,

Refers: "The openings are quite big and normal dog food will simply fall out" , To stuff the black KONG would need a lot of food. Usually, I would put some washed pebble stones in there to fill up the KONG. (Mine is a KING KONG - Red ) , this also helps to prevent them from destuffing the food easily. Smile

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

delithra

Oct 8, 2002, 6:52 PM

Post #13 of 23 (27931 views)
Shortcut

Great advise. I have been using my Kong wrongly, by just putting a little peanut butter in there instead of stuffing it.

Axel even ignored the guests in my house when he was given his Kong stuffed with wheet germ, banana, kibble and boiled potato.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2002, 12:27 AM

Post #14 of 23 (27919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [delithra] How To Use "KONG"??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Deli,

There is no wrong or right when one talk about stuffing the "KONG"!!! I am just happened to be a bit "creative" ... LOL Cool Cool Cool and allow my imagination goes wild Laugh Laugh Laugh !!!
LEO PUI

boon
Doggyman

Oct 9, 2002, 8:29 AM

Post #15 of 23 (27908 views)
Shortcut

heheh, will try the Kong stuff out with Bonney when i got home.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

HWONG
Novice

Oct 9, 2002, 8:38 AM

Post #16 of 23 (27908 views)
Shortcut

Leo,

The dog is suppose to bite unto the kong and squeeze out the content but the black Kong is very stiff and doesnt look like my dane is able to do it. So the food will likely remain lodged inside. I say this bcos I fill 2/3 of kong with biscuits and since they will simply fall out, I stuff a piece of LO TI Tau (bread) into it. The poor bugger could only get bits of the bread and just gave up and went for my plants!Mad Later my wife loosen up the bread but the rest of the contents got finished in no time and off again he went for the plants.Unsure I am contemplating making a sticky mix of varoius foods and maybe they will remain in there longer but he can still get to it.

I wonder how this will upset the diet of my dane if the idea is to keep him occupied and away from the plants. Since my Kennel is still not done!Mad and I dont want to chain him up or put him in the crate for long periods, I will need to give him multiple servings of stuffed kong.

So meanwhile my household is a din UnsureNO!, NO! NO!NO!. even then its when we see him in the act! My neighbours will probably go bonkers. One other neighbour's dog is an incessant barker from I suspect; prolong isolation and probably discomfort. I am thinking of writing a note to the owner. The barking can be very irritating.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2002, 4:32 PM

Post #17 of 23 (27902 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon, Good luck on the "KONG"!!! Cool

Hi Hwong,

Guess you may need to consider mixing some canned food into the KONG with less kibble, this way the stuffs would stay and needed to be dig out.

Stay cool Hwong, your Dane is still a pup Smile !!!

I would still go for the chain eventhough there is kennel run for it, this is something like a prastice that would let the dog get use when situation required.

Some behaviour correction needed over your Dane, may be you would like to start with using a choke-chain & leash and walk him into your garden ... give it a jerk if ever your Dane touch the plant with a firm "NO", and later you can get your wife or any of your family member to have this prastice done accordingly.

Good luck dude!!!
LEO PUI

HWONG
Novice

Oct 9, 2002, 7:18 PM

Post #18 of 23 (27894 views)
Shortcut

Leo,

Thanks for the tip on behavior correction. Will try it today.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2002, 7:24 PM

Post #19 of 23 (27891 views)
Shortcut

Good Luck Hwong, write me private if you need further assistance but mind you ... I have to find the appropriate word to reply ... till then. Cool
LEO PUI

les
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2002, 9:56 PM

Post #20 of 23 (27886 views)
Shortcut

Dunno what this Kong thing work for.. is it just only a chew "toy"? Crazy

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 9, 2002, 10:47 PM

Post #21 of 23 (27881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] How To Use "KONG"??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Les, do check on the "first-post" and click on The World of KONG ...Smile
LEO PUI

s0520
New User

Dec 5, 2002, 9:26 PM

Post #22 of 23 (27762 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Click the link - The World Of KONG, to learn more ...

Hi...Good days to everybody.Smile

Anybody know where can I get the "Kong" from Johor Bahru...??

Appreciated your reply....thanks!

chnyuppie
Dog Kichi

Sep 7, 2004, 7:05 PM

Post #23 of 23 (26295 views)
Shortcut
How To Use "KONG" indoors??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Has anyone tried to let the dog play with a stuffed Kong INDOORS? Was just wondering whether all the bits will fall out on the ground? Won't that dirty the floor?

The Kong website says to "seal": a stuffed Kong with peanut butter. When letting teh dog play with teh Kong, doesn't the peanut butter get smeared on the floor as well?

Also am worried that the introduction of a mishmash of goodie may upset my dog's stomach. DOn't want to have him suffering from diarrhoea...

As I am out at work most of the day, been trying to find toys to keep my dog occupied. Was thinking that Kong might be a v good idea. But may have to balance that against hygiene and cleanliness of the apartment. Any input would be v much appreciated. THanks! Blush

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my