First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2002, 6:13 PM

Post #76 of 84 (2933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucky,

I think the difference is due to several factors.
  1. Those dogs live inside with their human families so the poeple are able to bond better with them and also establish alpha continuously unlike Malaysian dogs who mostly see their people when they are leaving or entering the house.
  2. I think that unless they are breeders, most rarely have more than 2 dogs. Some countryside families have more but that's coz they actually go hunting and the dogs work on farms, etc. There is a lot more attention and affection available to go round.
  3. People there don't get tense when meeting other dogs on walks. They like it when you stop to chat or pet their dogs. A few of my neighbours flee, and I mean FLEE and the sight of Sheeri and MOnty, which also stresses their pooches out. My two just look like "Eh?... where are the going???" Then Monty will bark as if to say "Hah! Go lah. I didn't want to smeel you ass ANYWAY!"

Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 20, 2002, 2:07 AM

Post #77 of 84 (2925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha your pooches sound hilarious. Which one are you bringing to the agility meet?

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2002, 7:22 PM

Post #78 of 84 (2916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully, I will be able to bring both. My husband should be able to come along. Looking forward to meeting your lovely Luckey too.

Wink
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 6:08 AM

Post #79 of 84 (2909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

oh cool! so your hubby is into dogs too? i'll be bringing Juno as well.

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 21, 2003, 11:37 PM

Post #80 of 84 (2854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

so based on your experiences, if i want to get a second pup in, he must be timid one? coz my current one very aggressive.. she used to be very timid.. but i don't know why now more and more daring and aggressive..

also if both of them different sex will reduce the chance of fight?

pls advise

thankyou
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

jay1983
New User

Jul 3, 2007, 6:04 AM

Post #81 of 84 (2600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi how are you doing? you seem to know alot of dogs.... maybe you can help me with something..... i am looking for a good guard dog ....... i live in kuala lumpur..... but i have no idea from where to get one ....... do you have any available?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jul 4, 2007, 5:55 AM

Post #82 of 84 (2592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay1983] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, are you looking for a guard dog or a watch dog and what sort of breed are you looking for?

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #83 of 84 (2509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hai Kaerb,

Could that be also the nature of the dog. I understand that Pit Bull Terrier are bred (in Western country) for dog fighting. That is why their body built, jaw and teeth is built in such a way. However, its also depends on how we raised them. My vet was telling me that APBT, is ok with human but not so ok with other dogs. I have rescued a mixed breed recently, according to my vet he look like a cross with APBT. Now, he is only 2 months old, being bullied by min pin..I donno what's gonna happen in future. Does your APBT snore when they sleep. Plus their bark, is very deep right? I would love to know more about your dog characteristic if its ok with u..So, that I will know more about my baby pluto....(the cross breed)

potter

Sep 26, 2007, 2:12 PM

Post #84 of 84 (2173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] I got Bitten by my dogs!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hate dog fights. Its hard to break them up when they really are into it! My Yorkie used to have a Cocker Spaniel friend and they usually play but the CS has a toy guarding problem and will start a fight with my Yorkie if he goes near when she has a toy in her mouth. So I didn't know that and her owner didn't tell me that and one day out of the blue they started fighting and me being a protective mommy because my boy is so much smaller and was panicking didn't want him to get hurt and I put my hands in between and CHOMP!!! I was bitten by both of them! Boy it was painful the first 30 minutes like reallly painful! I was holding my tears real hard! They stopped though and I scolded the both of them, I think to some extent they do get the message. They play well together now. All I have to do is keep all the toys in the toy box and lock it when they are playing Tongue
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my