Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
how to prevent flowerbed destruction

HWONG
Novice

Oct 3, 2002, 11:46 PM

Post #1 of 24 (38133 views)
Shortcut
how to prevent flowerbed destruction Can't Post

I spoke too soon about my Dane pup(MAC) being a good boy. I took a so called pre-emptive measure to prevent him from tearing up my planting but it is not working. The chemical I bought is a jell-like crystal which you springkle over your planting. Dogs are supposed to dislike the smell and stay away but it doesnt seems to stop MACUnsure. He evn lis on top of the treated area. The stuff obviuosly isnt working and I am at a lost.I also bought him a plastic chewing bone but he prefers the plants, towels, concrete. etcMad

Any one out there who has a remedy short of locking him up. Suggestion of any kinds are most welcome. Thks n rgds.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 4, 2002, 12:34 AM

Post #2 of 24 (38126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HWONG] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

A toy named "KONG" should do well to those growing pup!!! Give it a try ... you may type "KONG" and hit the search for more information ... Good luck!!!
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

HWONG
Novice

Oct 4, 2002, 5:45 AM

Post #3 of 24 (38115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

THks leo, for the info and I think the Kong thing will work but where can I buy it in Malaysia? Any idea?

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 5:46 AM

Post #4 of 24 (38115 views)
Shortcut

Hey Kong is an excellent toy! Laugh You can stuff treats and food into it and give it to your dog....it'll keep him occupied for hrs trying to get the food out....and the rubber for the black Kong is extremely tough even for the more chewing addict dog.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 4, 2002, 6:51 AM

Post #5 of 24 (38111 views)
Shortcut

Private e-mail to Delithra [our forum member], I remember she once told me somewhere in KL but couldn't recall the place & location Blush ...

Hi Delithra, if ever you come across this post, will you like to share the location Smile ???
LEO PUI

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 4, 2002, 6:56 AM

Post #6 of 24 (38110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

Ginl, you are right about KONG ... I have a few brough back from States some five years ago ... they are still in "good-condition" although one have being "chewing" daily by one of our WS since he was seven months old [today, this particular male WS is four years old] Wink !!!
LEO PUI

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 7:18 AM

Post #7 of 24 (38105 views)
Shortcut

you can get Kong at Pet Wonderland at Midvalley Megamall in KL... opposite World of Feng Shui Wink

thought of getting it before but thought it would drive my dog ballistic... but now youre all saying its so good i might give it a try.

Another good toy for doggies that keep them occupied for hours are those small coke bottles.,.. made of plastic and are hard and smooth, just big anough so it can be held in the mouth but it slips coz too hard and smooth. Those small ones work for medium brreed dog pupppies like cockers..

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 7:39 AM

Post #8 of 24 (38102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

I used to give those to mine when he was a puppy and he did like it but now it'll only take him a few minutes before he destroys it....I give him the big bottles and he's a compulsive plastic bottle destroyer Crazy

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 4, 2002, 7:50 AM

Post #9 of 24 (38100 views)
Shortcut

... I used to give those to mine when he was a puppy and he did like it but now it'll only take him a few minutes before he destroys it ... Crazy Crazy Crazy

Ginl, you are keep a JRT ... right??? Do you mean over the KONG or the plastic bottle???
LEO PUI

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 7:51 AM

Post #10 of 24 (38100 views)
Shortcut

hehehe... like jupey is a compulsive paper shredder... woke up one mornign and my room looked like it snowed.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 7:59 AM

Post #11 of 24 (38097 views)
Shortcut

heheh I meant the plastic bottles....if he cud destroy a black kong within minutes then he must be Super Dog! I've stopped giving him the bottles coz he destroys them too fast and they can be quite dangerous if he breaks off the pieces and swallows them.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Oct 4, 2002, 9:48 PM

Post #12 of 24 (38082 views)
Shortcut

LOL ... I should HAVE guess that!!! Cool Cool Cool
LEO PUI

(This post was edited by leopui on Oct 4, 2002, 9:49 PM)

melanie
Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2002, 10:35 PM

Post #13 of 24 (38076 views)
Shortcut

Hi HWong,

Where r u staying?? U can find 'KONG' things in mostly the pet shops in USJ, Subang areaWink

I just bought a 'KONG' tug and war toys for my kiddi. She loves it so much that she carry to sleepCrazy

Regards

May
Old Hand

Oct 4, 2002, 10:47 PM

Post #14 of 24 (38072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

How much you bought that Kong toy?

boon
Doggyman

Oct 4, 2002, 11:15 PM

Post #15 of 24 (38068 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Em, look like KONG is a good toy for my notti angel. She destroy or break the basketball (this is the third one) in 30 minutes time. just don plan to get another for her anymore, any one coming for this coming Ipoh dog show ? Hope one of u can get one KONG for me. For large breed, Labrador.Blush Thanz in advance.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

melanie
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2002, 1:15 AM

Post #16 of 24 (38060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi May,

I bought it at RM34.00 for the small size 'KONG'.
The big one will cost around RM40.00 over!

Is it expensive? I personally feel its price quite high but still bought itCrazy

For Boon,

Where r u staying? In Ipoh?

Regards

May
Old Hand

Oct 5, 2002, 1:24 AM

Post #17 of 24 (38057 views)
Shortcut

I'm from KL. I thought of buy the Kong for my dog too but at that time the small one cost more than RM40 which I consider expensive.

boon
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2002, 1:48 AM

Post #18 of 24 (38054 views)
Shortcut

hi Melanie,

I'm from Penang, but will be going down to Ipoh for the dog show, not for competition but to meet some puppycom member and webmaster and as promised, will bring some tambun biscuits for them.

May be you or anyone out there can help to but the KONG for me (big one) and past to KBS or KHooBg, i will get it from them next week.

KBS: if u happened to see this post, pls past the ticks collar and clicker to Khoo as well.

KhooBG : hope u don mind of my requestBlush, sorri for not getting your permission in the first place, but no obligation.

Thanz.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

mianw
Novice

Oct 6, 2002, 4:30 AM

Post #19 of 24 (38043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

These kongs are expensive and almost useless. "Almost" because my rotti preferred the ring ball and my worn-out tennis ball! However, I have now tied a long piece of laundry string to it and my rotti loves to jump for it when we swing it about.
Actually, wasn't this supposed to be about how to get your doggie from getting at your plants?!!!
I have an effective but time-consuming way: when I let my rotti go out into the backyard to do his business, one of us follow him out. When he is about to get at one of the plants, we just firmly tell him "NO"! and he stops. Hopefully as he grows up he will understand that this behaviour displeases us and stop it for good.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 6, 2002, 5:37 AM

Post #20 of 24 (38039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

Boon there are a few places selling Kongs in Penang....K9 petshop, Midlands petshop and also Peng Aun vet....i got mine frm K9.....every one of those places hv a wide range of Kong products....happy choosing!

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 6, 2002, 9:32 AM

Post #21 of 24 (38032 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,

If you wish, I can help you to buy the big one at RM 45.00 . Please confirm !

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

HWONG
Novice

Oct 7, 2002, 7:45 AM

Post #22 of 24 (38024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] how to prevent flowerbed destruction [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you everybody, Being away for a few days and my palntings in my backyard are in bad shape. I will get the Kong first thing. Hope it works...

boon
Doggyman

Oct 8, 2002, 12:47 PM

Post #23 of 24 (38011 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,

I was in KL since last saturday, it was a unplanned trip, caused one of my friend came back from HK, so i went down to met him and went up to Genting. Yerterday night i was in midvalley, and bought 2 Kongs for Bonney, one is the dental chewing kong and another one is the throw/fetch kong. Heheheh, just got back from KL just now and give the dental kong to her.....guessed what after 5 /10 minutes i found two of her teeth on the Kong.....heheeh now these are the second and third tooth found.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 8, 2002, 8:22 PM

Post #24 of 24 (38007 views)
Shortcut

Glad you got your kongs and looks like the kong collected your dog's teeth for you Laugh

Midvalley's petshop is really big and has a huge range of stuff but they can be a bit pricey. First time i stepped in the shop i thought i was in doggie heaven....so many stuff to choose frm!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my