Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
my dog is afraid !!!

randyteh
Novice

Dec 20, 2001, 6:44 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2816 views)
Shortcut
my dog is afraid !!! Can't Post

hii all sifus around, my dog seems to be afraid of people although she goes out twice everyday. when she hears some motor sounds she will be afraid and hide or jump around looking for place to hide. her normal shaking tail will bend down showing scared. even when she see Indian or Malay she is also scared. Once a Indian man touched her and she pissed out at her one place "LAI LIU". i can see that see is so afraid when she is touch by the Indian man. are there any way to make her brave?
randy

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2001, 6:19 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [randyteh] my dog is afraid !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Randy,

How old is your dog?If she is just 5 months old or below, she is still building up her confidence towards surroundings. So, try to bring her out more frequently and protect her when she is scared by comforting her. Don't make her scare too much and I believe she will slowly get rid of those scareness as she grows ... good luckSmile.

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Pat

Dec 20, 2001, 6:24 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2807 views)
Shortcut

Hello Randy,

How long have you owned your dog and do you know the history of your dog? My dog used to be like that but not anymore. I try to expose her as much as I can, for e.g, she will travel with me in my car everytime I run an errand, and she will look out of the window to observe the surroundings and people. I also bring her to walk around the shops where there are many people. We are always there to reassure her everytime she shivers until she passed through that stage and appear more independent. Now she is more secure and have a cheerful personality. But we definitely spent a lot of quality time reassuring her.Smile

Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

randyteh
Novice

Dec 20, 2001, 8:33 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] my dog is afraid !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks a lot jason and pat for ur reply. well my lab is 6 months old and she is with me for 3 months. i bring her out twice a day. i have problem bringing her to ride in car as she is too afraid to be in car. She will pee and poo in car everytime i bring her out. after bringing her out in car, my car will be full of her's sliver. and i do agree that it is the characteristic of the dog because my friend has a same which which is sisters to mine. she dun have the problem at all. once the car door is opened she will jump up itself but my dog will runaway from the door. well thanks again for ur reply.
randy

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2001, 12:31 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2792 views)
Shortcut

Hi Randy,

You can read through a post by Derrick in General about travelling with dogs. It might provide useful training tips for you.

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Dec 21, 2001, 1:48 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2790 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by Khoobg [In reply to]

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my