Home: General: Chit Chat:
international travel for malaysian pooches

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2002, 1:52 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1899 views)
Shortcut
international travel for malaysian pooches Can't Post

I will be moving to the UK again in the next year or so and was wondering if anyone knows if we can get round the very stringent quarantine rules. At present, it stands that all dogs from Malaysia need to be quarantined for 6 months before being released. Apparently, dogs from Singapore only go through one months quarantine. Is it feasible to get my dogs into Singapore, then fly them from there? Any ideas on how long they need to be in Singapore before they can fly out? Anyone know of any airlines that deal with this kinda thing? A year seems like a long time away, but there is no way I am leaving these two here and I believe in preparing in advance.

alicia

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 2, 2002, 7:39 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] international travel for malaysian pooches [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alicia,

Singapore mandates a 1mth quarantine period. During that time, the minimum charge is S20 per day. As for the air transport, any major airlines should be able to help you on this matter. Or you can try a freight forwarder to handle everything for you.

Rdgs Arthur

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2002, 5:24 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] international travel for malaysian pooches [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the info. do you have any idea what the quarantine facilities are like? will they be walked, groomed, played with? can i bring their food and toys and things? will i be ble to visit?

many thanks in advance, alicia

arthur
ALPHA

Oct 2, 2002, 6:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] international travel for malaysian pooches [In reply to] Can't Post

Alicia,

The answers to all your queries can be found at this website http://www.petmovers.com.sg

Rdgs Arthur

valery

Oct 2, 2002, 10:56 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1861 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia,

About a year and a half ago, I had to arrange for the export my my boss' lab to Canada and I remember that all I had to do was take the dog and the vaccination certificates to the Vet Dept somewhere in Shah Alam to obtain the export certificate. You will need this when the dog enters the home country and for check-in at the airport. I'm not too sure if this was done correctly becuase I did not get any feedback from my boss nor his family. By the way, he only bought his lab about 4 months b4 his departure. But I remember that in London, he checked the dog out for water and food becuas ethe journey was just too long and prior to departure from KL, the dog was sedated for the journey. At fiest I did not know what to do so I contacted the local vet department and I was prompted each step of the way. Sorry but I can't remember too well because it was a very rush, rush thing....

Valery

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my