AIyah, What happened ?

boon
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2002, 7:35 AM

Post #1 of 25 (31536 views)
Shortcut
AIyah, What happened ? Can't Post

Hi,

Just called home few minutes ago, wanted to check whether Bonney finish her kibbles and her business or not. But................PirateCrazyShocked my brother told me that one of her tooth fell down, not sure this is normal or not for pup about 4 & 1/2 months old. Is this normal for those pups whom change their puppy teeth ?

Once i got to know this, i got shocked, pls help to clarify. Had double check with my brother, he told me that Bonney is active running around inhouse, but doesn't have apptite to eat. Not even half of the food served finished by her. Not sure why ? look pretty strange to me and FrownFrownMadFrown sad and angry, caused can fly home immediatelly to take a look and hug her. Really can stand the felling. Pls help.......Si Fu out there, pls help me to clarify, why her tooth fell down.

Do i need to bring her to vet for check up. She just got her forth jab last saturday and vet told me she is healty and normal.

Can't wait anymore to FLY back home.Unsure

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 1, 2002, 7:52 AM

Post #2 of 25 (31524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Boon....don't panic it's just the normal process of changing frm baby teeth to adult teeth like us humans.....it'll probably last until about 6 mths old....sometimes during teething process the dog may lose its apetite....giving your dog a rubber bone or toy to chew will help the new teeth to break thru the gums....this is the time where dogs will tend to chew up a lot of stuff mainly to relieve the pain.

boon
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2002, 8:00 AM

Post #3 of 25 (31523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ginl,

The tooth fell down is also consider normal ? Pls advice.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 1, 2002, 8:05 AM

Post #4 of 25 (31522 views)
Shortcut

Yes it's normal....consider yourself lucky if u get to find all the teeth fallen out....i only got to find 3 the rest he must hv ate it....sometimes you'll even find the teeth stuck in the rubber toy!

boon
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2002, 8:32 AM

Post #5 of 25 (31520 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ginl,

ShockedHeheeShockedBlush

kbs
Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2002, 9:15 AM

Post #6 of 25 (31517 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,

Snuffy has her tooth fell off too when she is about 4 months to 7 months old. Some of it I found on the floor, and sometimes I could see blood stain on her toy then I start searching, most of the time I could see a teeth lying nearby. I have even pulled off one of her teeth before (It was too loosely hang from her gum, I decided to pull it off in order for her not to swallow it). I still have some collections of her baby teeths :)

Regards,
KBS

wkser
ALPHA

Oct 1, 2002, 6:46 PM

Post #7 of 25 (31510 views)
Shortcut

hi boon,
i had an experience with my nous also when is 4 to 5 months........he has a full set of new teeth in his mouth now......i think is normal.......

regards
kangser and nous

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2002, 8:36 PM

Post #8 of 25 (31505 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,
Don't panic. It's very normal that puppy change their teeth at this age. GinL is right when saying that you are lucky to find the tooth. Otherwise, it is most likely to have been eaten up. But that's also normal. I caught mine eating his when it came out while playing tug-of-war. He was too fast for me. The next set of teeth will be permanent. So far, I have managed to collect around 8-10 of my furkids gigi... gross, eh Crazy. Well... just for fun and it's definately cleaned up...hehe

melanie
Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2002, 2:05 AM

Post #9 of 25 (31495 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,

I know ur worries abt the tooth but trust me is alrightTongue

Mine also going to be 5 mths old and the other day when I was playing with her, suddenly a tooth dropped and bleed a little! U know what???

ShockedI was screaming and running to the phone and called my vet only to know it was a normal condition!

Be happy!

boon
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2002, 4:38 AM

Post #10 of 25 (31491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Melanie and all,

Now i'm clear that this is a must 'stage' for all puppies to become adult one day. Now my worry is not as of yerterday night. Thank you for your info and advice. Really appretiate it.

Thank again.Cool

wkser
ALPHA

Oct 2, 2002, 6:40 PM

Post #11 of 25 (31481 views)
Shortcut

hi boon,
my cousin sister also save some of nous teeth ........

regards
kangser and nous

valery

Oct 3, 2002, 11:04 PM

Post #12 of 25 (31467 views)
Shortcut

Aiyo boon...I'm so sorry and I know that it's not funny but I couldn't help laughing when I read your post. It just reminded me of a similar incident with Bubbles. My aunty who lives with me was walking to the LRT station when she felt a pebble in her shoe. She "tahan" until reach the clinic where she works and to her dismay found a tooth in her shoe. It was not a pebbles as she had suspected ! Called me to make sure that I rushed home immediately after work. So of course I was also like you....sooooo scared. Got home and opened up both boys' mouth like searching for gold!

Judging from the tooth, I am sure that it belongs to Bubbles (about 6 months then) but I don't know from where. I still have the tooth and keeping it for rememberence.

Boon....chill, be calm. It's all part of growing up!

les
K9 Maniac

Oct 4, 2002, 12:29 AM

Post #13 of 25 (31460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha... me too.. I collected 7 of sunny's baby teeths.

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 8:04 AM

Post #14 of 25 (31448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

wow how do u guys all find your puppies' teeth? I;'ve had lots of puppies in the past but think the tooth fairy always came to take away b4 i had chance to keep or see the teeth...

ccsy98
Dog Kichi

Oct 5, 2002, 5:45 AM

Post #15 of 25 (31432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha, me 2....I couldn't find Goofy's teeth either....might be in her tummy....but I made her special food when she was teething....cook some scramble eggs, bread and tomato....coz she wasn't eating her dog food....

My mom said that Goofy was like a old lady without the teeth to support her mouth....

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2002, 7:30 AM

Post #16 of 25 (31428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ccsy98] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha... hey, what age do puppies teeth again? I dont' know coz Ive never found any milk teeth

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 6, 2002, 6:10 AM

Post #17 of 25 (31423 views)
Shortcut

Hi ccsy....fyi, tomatoes are supposed to be toxic for dogs....it's one of the listed food to avoid feeding to dogs.

ccsy98
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2002, 5:29 AM

Post #18 of 25 (31413 views)
Shortcut

Really?

Gosh, I didn't know that, luckily I only fed her that when she was teething, so what else is toxic apart from onion, choc and tomato? Any fruits that have to be avoided coz I feed her all sorts of fruit.....

And thanks very much, never ever feed her tomato again....

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 7, 2002, 6:35 AM

Post #19 of 25 (31407 views)
Shortcut

Well grapes and raisins are also toxic to dogs in large quantities...others that i know of are caffeine, alcohol, macadamia nuts and mushrooms.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Oct 7, 2002, 6:43 AM

Post #20 of 25 (31405 views)
Shortcut

Are apples toxic? I admit sneaking her a few tidbits during meals (mine, not hers! Smile). And cheese is OK too rite (in small quantities of course)?

-= Tisha =-

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 7, 2002, 7:46 AM

Post #21 of 25 (31402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I feed mine apples too but i read apple seeds are not good....but then who wud feed dogs fruit seeds right? Tongue

Cheese are good especially cottage cheese....seen on tv those ppl add cottage cheese to kibbles for calcium supplement.

alicia
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2002, 8:23 AM

Post #22 of 25 (31399 views)
Shortcut

my husband, when he found out dogs lose their teeth like babies, embarked on a mission to collect ALL sheeri's teeth. all he found was ONE! he was so disappointed, poor thing. he wanted to be like his mum who kept all his bay teeth in a little porcelain box. ( i shook my head and laughed at the crazy gwei lou).

don't worry about appetite loss. very normal. it is usually at this time when they develop appetite for all sorts of things they shouldn't eat like KFC etc. (mad husband felt soooooo sorry for starving dog that he would've fed her anything as long as she ate. needless to say, she got KFC, boiled chicken, scrambled eggs etc.)
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

ccsy98
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2002, 10:45 PM

Post #23 of 25 (31392 views)
Shortcut

Oh gosh, oh gosh,

I have been feeding her grapes....quite a big quantity (comparing to her size), everytime we eat grapes, she gets around 10 -15 of the grapes....well have to stop giving her grapes.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 8, 2002, 1:18 AM

Post #24 of 25 (31384 views)
Shortcut

This is what I got frm the net :

Quote :
The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is looking into a possible connection between kidney failure in canines and the digestion of grapes or raisins. (they did a database search relating specifics foods to clinical cases across the country)
The estimated amount eaten ranged from 9 ounces (raisins) to 2 lbs (grapes). The grapes came from grocery stores, vines in private yards, or fermented grapes from wineries, while the raisins involved were mostly commercial sun-dried raisins of various brands. Vomiting was reported in all of the dogs, anorexia, lethargy, and signs of abdominal pain were also reported. After aggressive treatment, including I.V.fluids and medications, about half of the dogs recovered while the others died or had to be euthanized.

Because the exact role of grapes or raisins in these cases is still unclear, Jill Richardson, DVM said the APCC is working on a collaborative study with Colorado State University's College of Veterinary Medicine in an attempt to determine how the fruit contributed to these dogs' sickness or death. When asked if any amount of raisins or grapes would be safe for a dog to consume, Richardson said, "I don't know if there is a safe amount, but until we can find out, I wouldn't recommend gving dogs ANY raisins or grapes".
Unquote

I used to give mine grapes too but only gave him 2 or 3 until I found out that they were bad for dogs so hv stopped giving him just to be on the safe side.

(This post was edited by ginl on Oct 8, 2002, 1:20 AM)

boon
Doggyman

Oct 8, 2002, 10:04 AM

Post #25 of 25 (31374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] AIyah, What happened ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alicia,

Heheheh, so far i found 3 of her teeth, today i found out two, stucked in the "Kong" that i just bought back for her (the dental chew Kong).Blush

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my