Pictures taken from SPCA !

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

CasperSkywalker

Sep 29, 2003, 11:29 PM

Post #26 of 37 (1630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annkam100] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ann,

Well, I have no idea why there are put in the last chance category....perhaps ai_ney can help ?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 2:38 AM

Post #27 of 37 (1620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CasperSkywalker, annkam100] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

well if i understand correctly, dogs that are in the last chance cages are dogs that have been in SPCA for more than 1 year but still not yet adopted. Unsure

so ann, if you want to give the last chance dogs their chance, better hurry and head to SPCA... Angelic

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

KawChai
Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2003, 8:05 AM

Post #28 of 37 (1615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

ai_ney,

Roughly how many dogs are thre at the SPCA that you are volunteering ?

If lets say we want to make contribution or help out, how do you donate ? I know that there are a list of stuff for e.g. newspaper/towel etcc...wishlist by spca. Can we just bring the stuff there?

Can we contribute something that is not under their wish list ? For e.g. toys or clothes or pillow ( dog punya)

How often do u go spca ? and what do u do there ?

Actually i feel quite sad seeing those dog/pup pic in spca...most of the time they are in the cage with their food bowl / newspaper. I am sure they don't get adopt easily because they are so many of them there. Do they have any toy to play ? How often do they get to come out & play ?

you see i made yoda a pillow from those old clothes..and he seem to like it very much is like got something to hug at night. I wonder, can i make some and give it to those young pup in spca? will they accept it ? if they do, will they wash it frequently for them or they will just throw them away when its dirty ?

ops...so many questions Blush

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 9:04 AM

Post #29 of 37 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello yoda chai's mummy! Laugh so many questions! haha... okok... one by one ar... Cool

how many dogs? erm... there are more than 200 dogs and 200 cats in SPCA at any one time...

yes yes... u can bring the stuff that u wanna donate to SPCA... anything in the wish list or those u think appropriate... more than welcome... also u can donate clothes, shoes, old but still okay furnitures, etc, for their jumble sale... they have jumble sale twice a year to raise funds... the next one would be this coming dec...

i go to spca every sunday (i try)... what to do there ar? walk the dogs, clean the cages, change the newspapers, see if any dogs need grooming, need ticks picked out from ears and paws anot, help to promote dogs and pups to potential owners, and lend a hand when needed... not to forget there are cats and rabbits to take care of too...

erm, the luckier ones get adopted very quickly, especially pure breeds... well some people do donate toys for the dogs and pups, but not enough for all... they let the dogs out to roam within a restricted area at least once a day... so that the dogs get their share of exercise too...

home made pillows! of coz they'll accept them! they'll thank u so much! u know the chinese saying 'wan luen pai'? wash or not, i'm not sure... but they should! otherwise, i volunteer to wash them!

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

annkam100

Sep 30, 2003, 6:36 PM

Post #30 of 37 (1606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CasperSkywalker] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply Casper & Ai_Ney. Since I will be goin down to KL this weekend I just hope I have enough time and also transport to go to SPCA. Sly

Can i just go there anytime or they have visiting hours? Do update me if you guys know ya. Thank you so much...

--Ann

CasperSkywalker

Sep 30, 2003, 10:30 PM

Post #31 of 37 (1595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annkam100] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

it is open daily including public holidays but the visiting hours are like 9am to 4pm daily.

kitten
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2003, 8:08 PM

Post #32 of 37 (1579 views)
Shortcut

That poor little shih tzu looks so sad and miserable. My heart goes out to that poor thing. I ust want to cuddle him and tell him that somebody still wants him. Unfortunately, the price SPCA wants is way beyond my budget...Frown I hope someone will adopt him and give him the love he so deserves. Unsure

Laura & Babe

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 2, 2003, 3:18 AM

Post #33 of 37 (1571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

am just wondering what is your budget? if u are really keen in adopting a dog from spca, u could try to speak to the staff to bring the adoption fee down...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

kitten
Dog Kichi

Oct 3, 2003, 7:01 PM

Post #34 of 37 (1554 views)
Shortcut

Hi ai_ney, my budget is very small. tops is RM100. Blush
I may have to put everything on hold. Work is mad now. Luckily, I have my dad's help. I mentioned this. My dad is supportive but won't help. My mom said no and screamed about a condo being too small and that I am workin so late nowadays. Adding to that, I just found out our house is sold and we'll be looking for a condo to move to within the next few mths. I'll have to look for another home for my big dog too. Frown Life sucks.

Laura & Babe

jenniferchai
Novice

Oct 10, 2003, 10:06 PM

Post #35 of 37 (1522 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

ai_ney, can anyone be volunteer at SPCA? If yes, who can I contact on this matter? I am actually free on Saturday. I hope I can do something useful instead of watching tv at home.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 11, 2003, 1:21 AM

Post #36 of 37 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jenniferchai] Pictures taken from SPCA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jennifer,

yes, u can be a volunteer too. Smile unless u r going in a big group (say more than 4 ppl), then u do not actually need to inform anyone. be there in SPCA on the day u want to volunteer, go to the office and tell them u'd like to help out that day. the staff should be able to let u know how u can help, and what to do. most volunteers go there on sundays, and personally, i feel it's better for a new volunteer to be there on a sunday so that we other volunteers can help in briefing u what needs to be done. better also to work in a group of volunteers, would be easier for u on ur 'first day'. Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

doberman
ALPHA

Oct 17, 2003, 8:58 PM

Post #37 of 37 (1509 views)
Shortcut

hai casper! the doggie is realy cute...still available?

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my