Mosquito & Heartworm

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2002, 8:27 PM

Post #1 of 8 (4116 views)
Shortcut
Mosquito & Heartworm Can't Post

Hi All,

Just bought Shieldtox Vapouriser (SuperMat lasting for 12 hours) for Bonney. I wonder is any one of you out there using this to prevent mosquito bites from your furkids and also this will reduce the % of Heartworm infection.

My concern now is not sure will this Smokeless coil will affect my little girl or not (she is not 4 months plus). You comment and helpp will really appretiated.

Will the traditional mosquito coil better or harmless that this smokeless one or both are about the same ? Mentioned above bought the vapouriser yesterday, but dare not use it after think of this and so many ???????? floating around in my mind.

Will wait for confirmation and clarification from you all before using it. And also what is the minumum distance should i place the vapouriser, i scared if placed too near will affect my Bonney, if too far will not effective for killing all the insects.

Pls advice.

Thanz in advance

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Khoobg
Webmaster

Sep 26, 2002, 8:50 PM

Post #2 of 8 (4112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Mosquito & Heartworm [In reply to] Can't Post

Even when we human use mosquito repellant, we are still bitten by mosquito from time to time. The best way to prevent heartworm infection is to administer Heartworm Prevent Tablet such as Heartgard or Proheart to your dog. Alternatively, you may want to opt for annual injection that protect your dog for 12 months.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2002, 9:05 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Mosquito & Heartworm [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Khoo,

yeap that what i have in mind, but my main Q is whether will the use of this smokeless mosquito will harm Bonney or not, heheh but at the same time, reduce the chances of Heartworm infection mah, not to prevent but reduce a bit with Heartguard/Annual Injection will give my Bonney a second level of protection.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

leopui
K9 Maniac

Sep 26, 2002, 9:30 PM

Post #4 of 8 (4109 views)
Shortcut

Boon,

I don't see any problem of using this but you gotta make sure over the area location ... I wonder where are you going to "install" it? Just be sure that it is not too near the kennel crate and it should not be reach by your pup/dog!!!

You should look into swtiching on the light at night over the kennel area and doing regular wash ... it would definite help to minimize the mosquito ... and of course it may help to prevent the infection apart serving as double protection!!!
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2002, 9:47 PM

Post #5 of 8 (4105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] Mosquito & Heartworm [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Leopui,

First of all, thanz for your advice, i will make sure that is not reachable by my notti angel. Bonney is sleep/play/eat/run inside my house, so i'm sure the floor is clean, to switch on the light at night, i need to check with my mum as she may disagree.

Probably will get the small little candle light or the light will me OK as well ? of course i will choose the white in color not the red or yellow one.

Em, normally how many meter away from the kennel ? is consider safe to places the vapouriser ?

leopui
K9 Maniac

Sep 26, 2002, 10:03 PM

Post #6 of 8 (4103 views)
Shortcut

... is consider safe to places the vapouriser? ... That is for you to find out or try out then ... Laugh hahahahahahahahahaha! Laugh !!

I thought you have a kennel run for your dog, the reason I stated turn on the light is to avoid and dis-courage the mositiquo ... you can hardly find them around the bright place ... right???
LEO PUI

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2002, 10:38 PM

Post #7 of 8 (4099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] Mosquito & Heartworm [In reply to] Can't Post

you can hardly find them around the bright place ... right???

Em...u r right. Mind telling me or share with me the distance ? I will not put Bonney at risk by try and error, hope u understand.Unsure

leopui
K9 Maniac

Sep 27, 2002, 1:24 AM

Post #8 of 8 (4088 views)
Shortcut

I am not sure what is the recommendation distance since I've never use on this as yet ... based on human contact ... anything apart three feets should be doing okay but again, this depend on the air circulation!!! Sorry can't give you further assistance on this issue!!!
LEO PUI

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my