Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
anyone please help

aj87
New User

Oct 10, 2003, 1:23 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1125 views)
Shortcut
anyone please help Can't Post

My puppy Rosco is about 1yr old and a yorkie. About a month ago the vet said he had an bladder infection and it got better but now he is back to peeing all the time and all over. After he goes pee in the house his ears go down and he hides in the corner. I know he knows he is doing something bad but he just keeps doing it. I take him out 5-6 times a day and he gets 2 long walks a day. He doesnt go poo in the house so I am thinking its something more. The other thing I have noticed is that lately he finishes all of his water(which is about 3-4 cups). Maybe something is wrong that is making him drink a lot which causes him to just go? Any advice please?!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 10, 2003, 6:38 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aj87] anyone please help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ... Smile

At one year ... a dog ought to be able to hold its bladder reasonably well ... And from what you describe it doesn't sound like submissive weeing or such like ... You also say that you are taking the dog out 5 to 6 times a day ... but the dog still wees in the house ... You are right to be a little concerned.

In dogs as in people, a need to pee frequently can be indication of bladder/urinary infection ...

Not to worry about the dog drinking too much water - that is fine. For the moment, I would let the dog drink as much as the dog wants ... water is good & will help flush out bacteria etc etc ...

But given the fact that Rosco had a bladder infection not too long ago - it may be that the infection has returned - this can happen for many reasons - including the possibility, that the antibiotics did not completely remove the previous infection) ...

Am very glad that you are dealing your doggie's situation so well - and not scolding or punishing the dog ... syabas!

Please take your dog back to the vet ... urinary infection is uncomfortable for the dog & should be treated as soon as possible.

Good luck & cheers Smile

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2003, 9:55 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aj87] anyone please help [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

hope ur yorkie, condition'll improveSmile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my