do your dogs fight?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 4, 2003, 10:42 PM

Post #1 of 108 (3754 views)
Shortcut
do your dogs fight? Can't Post

i own two dogs, one is a 5 year old terrier and aother is a 5 month mongrel. eventhough the mongrel puppy size is larger then the terrier, the puppy seems to be afraid of the terrier. sometimes when i'm not free to play with the puppy, he will takes his towel and run toward the terrier and wanted to play tug a war with him. but the terrier is so unfriendly and always tends to bark at him. sometimes they also fight and bit each other. very noisy.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 4, 2003, 11:43 PM

Post #2 of 108 (3752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] do your dogs fight? [In reply to] Can't Post

well...my terrier mix does fight with my other dogs....she's the smallest among 5 dogs i have.. the bigger dogs tend to bully her by pulling her tail..i guess that irritates her...

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2003, 4:29 AM

Post #3 of 108 (3748 views)
Shortcut

Few reasons for that...1) terrier just doesn't like playing with him. 2) dominance....anyway, not sure .

All my dogs are ok except Hazel..she's real dominant and territorial..except to Silky..guess lil Silky's alpa among the dogs. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2003, 10:01 AM

Post #4 of 108 (3743 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

my pom'll always have the wrong idea whne the lab tries to go near him...thinking that she's attacking him(pom's very dominant), so he'll fight with her but she just playlah..like kanak-kanak..hahhaTongue

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2003, 8:39 PM

Post #5 of 108 (3739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] do your dogs fight? [In reply to] Can't Post

actually i don really care about their fights, but sometimes my grandpa will get irritated and will smack them.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2003, 5:18 AM

Post #6 of 108 (3736 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Why do they fight? is it bcoz of dominance or bcoz they r just playingSmile Smack the...they r still young..just let them play around firstSmile

nickanna
Canine Addict

Oct 6, 2003, 5:45 AM

Post #7 of 108 (3735 views)
Shortcut

Hi..hi..

Talking about fighting, my silky (hazel) is always very hostile to my GR (hugo - whom join the family later). They dont seem to be on good terms with each other and hazel can be quite jealous whenever we sayang hugo. Unsure One is super small and the other is big (not huge yet) Tongue - could be a possible reason.. Really wonder how to get them "in terms" with one another.. any suggestions?

sslee80
ALPHA

Oct 6, 2003, 7:06 PM

Post #8 of 108 (3731 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I own 2 Great Danes, one male 5 months and one female 1 year 6 months. I seldom let them "play" coz my Ravenboy's ears are still healing. So, it is better not to let them play fighting. But, I can see that Raven is a bit aggressive towards the older female, Crystal.

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 6, 2003, 7:16 PM

Post #9 of 108 (3728 views)
Shortcut

i think you better start "caring" when they fight. you will never know how serious a harmless fight can get...both your doggies might end up with injuries and so...FrownFrown

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 6, 2003, 7:25 PM

Post #10 of 108 (3727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickanna] do your dogs fight? [In reply to] Can't Post

ah...if you treat both hazel and hugo like normal children, you will understand why they are acting in such way.

all the while, Hazel has been receiving 100% attention. now she has to divide her attention with Hugo..try loving both equally. when you want to pat Hugo, make sure you pat Hazel as well.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2003, 8:51 PM

Post #11 of 108 (3723 views)
Shortcut

i don't think they are playing. they look serious. i think is actually because the terrier is not friendly with the large puppy. but the puppy tends to play and irritate him.

Pacco de Mongrel

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2003, 8:53 PM

Post #12 of 108 (3722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] do your dogs fight? [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, i'm worried about that also. coz the terrier seems to bit on the puppy face and strecth the skin . i think its painful. sometimes i'll separate them by chaining the terrier. but then he will starts to bark. very noisy again. i'm afraid that my neighboor will poison them.

Pacco de Mongrel

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2003, 8:55 PM

Post #13 of 108 (3721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sslee80] do your dogs fight? [In reply to] Can't Post

i know that you had just crop your dog's ear. what actually is ear cropping and why you want to crop its ear?

Pacco de Mongrel

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 7, 2003, 1:20 AM

Post #14 of 108 (3714 views)
Shortcut

why don't you try training them not to fight. hit both of them whenever they engage in a fight followed by a loud "NO"...repeat whenever they try to fight...Smile

you mean your neighbour poison dogs?

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 7, 2003, 1:32 AM

Post #15 of 108 (3712 views)
Shortcut

Ear cropping is actually "cosmetic surgery" for dogs. The procedure requires full anesthesia. The ears are then cut in a way that instead of flopping down to the side of the head, they stand erect on the head to a point.

sslee80
ALPHA

Oct 7, 2003, 2:14 AM

Post #16 of 108 (3710 views)
Shortcut

there is a thread on ear cropping in breed standard...
I think I answered your question there...Smile

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 7, 2003, 6:14 AM

Post #17 of 108 (3709 views)
Shortcut

nope. i mean that i'm afraid that they might poison my dog one day.

Pacco de Mongrel

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 7, 2003, 6:15 AM

Post #18 of 108 (3708 views)
Shortcut

that's sound cruel. i always feel that those dogs with their ear dropping looks cute.

Pacco de Mongrel

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 7, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #19 of 108 (3706 views)
Shortcut

i do find it cruel too but the good side of ear cropping is to prevent injuries on the dog's delicate ears.

btw, not all dogs crop their ears. only some working dogs like boxers,dobermann, great dane and etc.

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 7, 2003, 8:32 AM

Post #20 of 108 (3703 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

i think ur terrier is trying to show dominance here while ur bigger pup there is just being playful...just give them some time...if they can click along..i'll see it soon while if they hate each other...the terrier'll juz walk off n ur pup'll learn this tooSmile

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 7, 2003, 9:30 PM

Post #21 of 108 (3699 views)
Shortcut

i really hope that they will become friends soon.

Pacco de Mongrel

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 8, 2003, 5:10 AM

Post #22 of 108 (3697 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Let hope they'll...mine has done so..my lab'll never fight with my pom coz she knows that she has to be submissive..especially ur pup is still young..he's still playful..have to be patient lohSmile

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 8, 2003, 4:21 PM

Post #23 of 108 (3693 views)
Shortcut

everytime i see a pom, it seems like smiling. how much have you bought for it?

Pacco de Mongrel

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Oct 8, 2003, 4:56 PM

Post #24 of 108 (3692 views)
Shortcut

my rott is really laid back where he usually hides under some shade (either my mom's clothes drying under the sun or his kennel) and he doesn't really care about the other dogs, a lab and my sister's pom.

whenever they eat, the lab and pom are usually afraid of my rott and they let him eat first...hehehe..like the "dai gor"...

Smileas for odie, he doesn't have any other mates to play with..so he fights with his daddy and grandpaTongue
Meme

odie moves MY world!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 8, 2003, 7:51 PM

Post #25 of 108 (3687 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] do your dogs fight? [In reply to] Can't Post

you got so many dogs . then will they interbredd?

Pacco de Mongrel

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my