My Naugthy Angel

boon
Doggyman

Sep 20, 2002, 11:59 PM

Post #1 of 13 (3058 views)
Shortcut
My Naugthy Angel Can't Post

Hi,

These day i need to stay late in the office till about 12 to 1AM midnight. This is due to multiple projects that i'm handling apperantly.

Yesterday, when i got home, it was 1:10AM (if not mistaken) when i openned the door, Bonney is barking not stop like awaiting me to walk her out for playing (which i use to do so if i do not need to stay late). I tried to ignore her initially and tightly up myself, she is still not stop barking. This incident awake my mum and i guessed neighbour.

So what i do was hug her for about 30 seconds to keep her voice down and try to play "Fetch and Run Away" yeap, is not fetch and return to me, is fetch and run away, or sometime missing in action, donno whey she hide herself.

But this still didn't not satisfied her, so nothing much i can do except walk her out for a while. I leashed her and walk her out at about 2:00AM in the morning for about 5 to 10 minutes, this solve all the barking problem.

She don even pee2 and poo during the walk. Not sure what she behalf like this. May be i.m to manja her ..emmmmmmmm must think of something to handle situation, if not it will happen again tonight when i get home.

My brother had walk her out for about an hour during evening (this is what i used to walk her during this time) and feed her the sufficient amount of kibble. Not sure y lah....strange....Crazy

I hope this will not happen again tonight and others nights.

Bonney, sorry, i know that i shouldn't leave u alone at home, but what to do, these day i really got tons of thing to do.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2002, 12:55 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] My Naugthy Angel [In reply to] Can't Post

I really feel for both you and Bonney, I guess she is really missing you and although your brother walked her, it's not the same as having you around.

I don't really have any good solutions. The problem is at 2 am you don't want to let her bark and annoy the neighbours, but if you reward her when she barks she's going to keep doing it. Niles, my daughter's dog (he's always her dog when he's bad) has a really high pitched yap and you'll do just about anything to shut him up, but then I noticed he was barking more and more, so we've had a campaign to ignore him whenever he barks and he's much, much, better. But we've had some ear shattering moments in between.

Good luck

boon
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2002, 4:54 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] My Naugthy Angel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ausranget,

I understand you view, but can u imagine at 2:00 am, i can simply ignore the bark, during day time, it will be fine.
Angelic

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 21, 2002, 9:57 AM

Post #4 of 13 (3048 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,

I can understand how you feel.. Sometimes, when I get called up at night to work and return home round 4-5am, Pepper would be greeting me like I was gone away for 10 years! Luckily she'll calm down quickly within a minute or so. Ausranger gives sound advice but at 2am, I can understand your need to keep the neighbours happy. Looks like you'll have to have your mid-night walk-walk till your routine comes back to normal. I have an idea..one solution is to get married! That way your wife can handle/calm Bonney upon your return.. But if you keep too many late nights, then you'll have another problem on your hands (LOL!)Sly

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Sep 22, 2002, 8:57 PM

Post #5 of 13 (3039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] My Naugthy Angel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,

Emmm... when i got home on friday night was about 4:00AM, luckily Bonney is in her sweet Zzzzzzzz. When i open the door and gate, i tried to keep the movement and sound low and dare not open any light when i was in the living room and straight run to my bedroom without light. Em...like a pencuri broken into the house.Wink.

Hehehe....at least can skip the mid-night walk walk for friday. But when i woke up saturday morning, heheheh guess whaat, she is beside me, i don knwo how can she come to my bedroom, must be my brother or mum let her in.......emmm...still pending for investigation.....strange ah.....she awoke me when about 7:15 AM, aiyah, can not tahan loh, can u imagine, slept at 4:xx woke up by the notti angel around 7 am. Angelic.

Then I walked her out for pee/poo,, then straight come hoe to continue my sweet Zzzzzzzzzzzz. hehehheheheheh, i wished i could continue my Zzzzzzzzzzzzz but she jump onto the bed and "kacau" me, stand on top of me, this and that, barking, put her paw on my face....and many more lah, macam2 action and style she can think off....

Finally, Pirate what to do, take her out again for walk walk and prepare the breakfast for her and tightly up her bedroom and of course my one then continue my day going to office.

Luckily yesterday i managed to get home about 6:xxpm, so at least can walk her out and play with her during normal hour. I had a sweet Zzzzzzzyesterday night, i believe she too.

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2002, 10:03 PM

Post #6 of 13 (3037 views)
Shortcut

Haha.. poor Boon.. My Sunny also likes to wake me up.. But ONLY when he hear the alarm clock ring.. and he will come and lick my face... step on my face.. and walk over my face.. this and that.. Unsure

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

boon
Doggyman

Sep 23, 2002, 4:34 PM

Post #7 of 13 (3032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] My Naugthy Angel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Les,

how heavy is Sunny, he run on your face ? wah...i'm sure u will wake up no matter how sleepy you are.Tongue

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 25, 2002, 12:57 AM

Post #8 of 13 (3016 views)
Shortcut

I dunno his weight YET. But im sure he is kind of fat now... and my fwens always say Sunny look like a piglet.. Smile

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

TohCS
Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2002, 4:07 AM

Post #9 of 13 (3010 views)
Shortcut

Poor Boon. I understand how you feel.Can't ignore the bark else the neighbours will 'bark' at you.

One suggestion when you have to work late you can go home at 6:am the next day, take her for a walk and then only go back to sleep!
(Just kidding).

Let's get serious.This might not be an easy suggestion. Train her to keep quiet on command 'quiet'.
everytime she barks attract your dog's attention to keep her quiet and then say quiet. Then give her a treat when she keeps quiet. The other way is when she barks pull her to the down position (when a dog is in the down position it cannot bark) then say quiet and treat her. This is not easy and is gonna take lots of time and patience. I know it is not easy . But once she learns to obey the quiet command life will be easier.
I am trying to work this on my two other doggie Coco and Kiddo. They love to bark and strangers that pass by in front of my house. Will let you know if it works for me.

Meanwhile good luck!

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2002, 5:43 AM

Post #10 of 13 (3008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TohCS] My Naugthy Angel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cheng See,

OK will try the technique you mentioned, and update u once my notti angel understand this command.

I wish this will not far from now.Tongue

May
Old Hand

Sep 25, 2002, 6:19 PM

Post #11 of 13 (3003 views)
Shortcut

I need to try your suggestion tooo.....my doggie also loves to bark at strangers that pass by our house. She will barks until the stranger disappear from her sight......very noisy lar.

Will let you know whether your method works or not.

melanie
Enthusiast

Sep 26, 2002, 1:30 AM

Post #12 of 13 (2994 views)
Shortcut

Cheng See,

ME TOO...having problem of barking early in the morningMad

Every morning I will feed her and play with her before I go to work around 7.00 am. The problem is she always bark at early in the morning ( 5 - 6.00 am) until I come down at 7.00am.

How to make her understand that I will only come t\down at 7.00 am not earlier??

TohCS
Enthusiast

Sep 26, 2002, 1:35 AM

Post #13 of 13 (2990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] My Naugthy Angel [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor Melanie.

Belle also wakes me up at 6:00am but lucky for me she does not bark only lick and touch me.

Hhmmm I am still trying the 'quiet' command on Kiddo and Coco. Don't know if it will work for me. Not easy to tell one dog to "quiet" when the other one is barking

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my