Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 8:00 PM

Post #51 of 87 (1855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkSmile

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Riccaval
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 9:10 PM

Post #52 of 87 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileAdvertising contents deleted.

(This post was edited by Admin on Sep 26, 2003, 6:14 AM)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 9:17 PM

Post #53 of 87 (1848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks ... will check it out ... Smile

cdmoo
ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 12:44 AM

Post #54 of 87 (1830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy & boon & riccaval] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Gentlemen,

I'm lost.. so.. which one is better?

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2003, 1:13 AM

Post #55 of 87 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

uncle rex Tongue

the answer is rule number 1. no one brand that suite all, choose what good for ur boy and easily available.

Since ur ah boy is not doing that well in B2B .

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

cdmoo
ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 1:54 AM

Post #56 of 87 (1820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

ha.. i know that golden rule..Smile

But amongst the 3 brands .. which one is better? (in terms of ingredient, pricing aside)

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 2:11 AM

Post #57 of 87 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo, boon, riccaval] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

After much confusion ... Wink

All products do not use soya or wheat. No chemical preservatives, only using vitamin based preservatives.

And only highlighting areas of differences (comparing adult food formulas only) ... it would appear as follows:

Highest fat content of the 3 kibble

Uses Human Grade Ingredients. Contains probiotics.

Uses corn as filler (apparently corn is inferior to rice). According to report procured by Boon - Omega 3 & 6 ratio may not be so good.

**** ... Lowest protein & fat content of the 3 kibble.

Foil packing. Uses white/brown rice as filler. Uses Human Grade Ingredients (strangely this is not mentioned in their main website, but only mentioned in a subsidiary website). According to Boon's report, the Omega 3 & 6 ratio is good with high digestability (91%).

No probiotics (but note:***** claim that the inclusion of probiotics have not been scientifically proven as safe or useful).

Highest protein content of the 3 kibble. The supplements appear to lean heavily in favour of coat/skin conditioning.

Uses brown/white rice as filler. Uses Human Grade Ingredients. Contains probiotics. Has large variety of meat options.

This kibble is appears to combine the strengths of **** and *****

(This post was edited by Admin on Sep 26, 2003, 6:49 AM)

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2003, 8:32 AM

Post #58 of 87 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I know which one u r referring to....not sure u purposely put the *** or the forum admin altered your post.

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2003, 8:37 AM

Post #59 of 87 (1797 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
**** ... Lowest protein & fat content of the 3 kibble.

Foil packing. Uses white/brown rice as filler. Uses Human Grade Ingredients (strangely this is not mentioned in their main website, but only mentioned in a subsidiary website). According to Boon's report, the Omega 3 & 6 ratio is good with high digestability (91%).

No probiotics (but note:***** claim that the inclusion of probiotics have not been scientifically proven as safe or useful).

the policek9.com is not their subsidiary website. is one of the independent body/consultant that train,conduct seminars and sell k9 related equipments for Police K9 unit.......and their vendor for kibble is CC. take a look at their vendor list under nutrition section http://www.policek9.com/vendors.html

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #60 of 87 (1794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

... ah ... okay ... thanks for the web address ... Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 10:26 AM

Post #61 of 87 (1785 views)
Shortcut

... the *** put by Big Brother ... Smile

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2003, 4:32 PM

Post #62 of 87 (1782 views)
Shortcut

huh....don get what u r trying to say lah Blush

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 5:58 PM

Post #63 of 87 (1777 views)
Shortcut

Smile ... you wrote: " ... not sure u purposely put the *** or the forum admin altered your post."

The administrator (as in Big Brother ... Laugh) deleted the "names" and substituted with (*****) ...

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2003, 6:00 PM

Post #64 of 87 (1776 views)
Shortcut

oh...macam itu.....TongueWink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #65 of 87 (1771 views)
Shortcut

... Maybe not such a good idea to discuss kibble in such detail over forum ... don't want to upset the sponser or anyone ... otherwise they cancel sponsership then ... kaput ... Pirate

You can email me at surchinmy@yahoo.com ...

Cheers ... Smile

boon
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #66 of 87 (1768 views)
Shortcut

ok sure....

do come and join is in out up coming gathering in KK on 24th October. then we can have a nice chat about all these Wink

Terry
K9 Kaki

Oct 1, 2003, 7:37 AM

Post #67 of 87 (1753 views)
Shortcut

My GR is now 8 months old. Is it time to switch from puppy to adult kibbles ?

TerryCrazy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 1, 2003, 7:47 AM

Post #68 of 87 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ... Smile

How is your GR size-wise ??? Height & weight?

Did you get a chance to see the sire or dam? ... If so, how does your GR compare to parents size-wise at 8 months?

sweeeng
ALPHA

Oct 1, 2003, 5:51 PM

Post #69 of 87 (1743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Some ppl says that you can still feed the dog with puppy food until it's bout 1.5 years old...

Regards,
Sweeeng

boon
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 6:27 PM

Post #70 of 87 (1742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

i don recomend that, as if u keep feeding the puppy formula (high in protein) till the pup is about 18 - 20 months old, i scared that the pup is growing too fast and eventually will have some problem with joint and bone density. I stop feeding my Bonney puppy formula when she turn 1. in fact is will be ok to switch them as early as 6 months old of age. You do not need to worry about they won't reach their full size if u switch the formula too early.

The size of how big the pup can be is bone with it and it only take a little bing longer got them to reach their full size. i do think that this is ok, if compare to have a pup suffer from all joint problems.

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 8:40 AM

Post #71 of 87 (1731 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Well, do u think ur dog is up to his optimum size? If not then u might consider carrying on with puppy food but if u want to maintain it or overweigh liao, then switch when he's 1Smile

boon
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2003, 6:23 AM

Post #72 of 87 (1717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

i don think so. this is TOTALLY the wrong concept of whether swtiching from puppy formula based on whether the dog is already fully grown.

Terry
K9 Kaki

Oct 6, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #73 of 87 (1713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not know what his optimum size should be. He has strong bone structures and he is an US breed which is generally bigger.

Terry

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 7, 2003, 3:11 AM

Post #74 of 87 (1708 views)
Shortcut

hi terry

billy will grow to his optimum size irregardless of when you switch to adult food. if u give puppy food too long it'll mean the dog will be growing too fast thus leading to hips and bones problems.

if u change to adult food early (meaning before the dog has fully grown), what i've learnt from surchinmy and boon is that the growing process still continues but at a slower rate if compared to giving puppy food, thus safe from the problems mentioned earlier. Sooner or later, your dog will still grow to his full size.

btw, you think he's not big enough yet? lol.

regards,
hunter

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 8, 2003, 5:58 AM

Post #75 of 87 (1701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry, hunter, nathalie] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ... Smile ...

We switched our male RR to adult food at about 6 months or so ... and he is just almost getting to full height at 1 year and 8 months ... We know he is "almost" full height because he has just reached 27 1/2" ... and that's just about his father's height of 28" ...

The idea is to switch ... just as they are finishing off their fastest growth period (when they do need the higher % of protein & fat available in puppy food) and move to adult food to complete their growth ...

By switching the RR to adult food ... he has taken his time to reach his growth potential with good strong bones ... and he's lean and mean ... Wink ...

Hunter is right ... switching to adult kibble does not mean the dog will not achieve full growth potential - or be stunted ... (that will only happen if you put dog on starvation diet) ... For medium to large dogs ... slower growth rate is better ... slower growth rate allows the bones to harden & thicken as they grow - while fast growth can produce soft knuckles & weak joints ...

A slower growth rate also helps avoid problems with "growing pains".

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Oct 8, 2003, 6:07 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my