Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 12:41 AM

Post #1 of 35 (2045 views)
Shortcut
how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? Can't Post

my house has a large garden with many plants and trees? and i also let my dog to run around the garden. As i usually bath my dog twice a month, those ticks always come back. any advise?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 1:30 AM

Post #2 of 35 (2043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm...

try feeding some garlic..that helps repel them.

and as for the ticks outdoors..hmm.....get a chicken...lol...that worked for me Tongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 5:25 AM

Post #3 of 35 (2039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

oooppps i'll like to correct something. i bath my dog twice a week not a month. i think i'll try to force him to eat garlic.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 9:54 AM

Post #4 of 35 (2032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

get a chicken??isk isk...possible meh??your dogs won't chase??

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 10:07 AM

Post #5 of 35 (2030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

can...can....lol..just train them fr young.

When I had chickens, I only had Silky..

she won't chase them unless given the command Laugh
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 10:14 AM

Post #6 of 35 (2028 views)
Shortcut

WOW ... they would only chase on command??!?

And when you said "STOP" ... would the chickens actually stop chasing Silky? ... Smile ...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 10:16 AM

Post #7 of 35 (2026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

lol

only Silky..the other 3..would probably hv them in their mouth in no time~

LOL

erm..sometimes..they're not that obedient. Tongue poor Silky.. LOL
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 7:16 PM

Post #8 of 35 (2020 views)
Shortcut

wah...impressive!!ShockedShocked

dunno how many of my dad's ayam serama died because of my dogs...lost count...kekekkeeBlushBlush

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2003, 9:45 PM

Post #9 of 35 (2007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

actually..just get ur dog used to them.

Silky was really fascitnated by the lil chicks..only later on when they got older..I encourage her to chase abit...get her "instincts in tune" Tongue

Just chase and catch once in a while...then let go. Like a hunting trip LOL

yes..yes..I know it sounds evil.. but it's not as bad as it sounds...the chickens don't get injured..only a new layer of drool and some exercise Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2003, 1:17 AM

Post #10 of 35 (2006 views)
Shortcut

... *putting weird gremlins in RealityDreamer's basket* ... LOL ...

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2003, 1:20 AM

Post #11 of 35 (2003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

... Hi ya ...

If the ticks keep coming back then either (a) your dog is picking ticks up when you take it for walks or (b) you already have ticks in the garden and/or your house ...

You need to get rid of all the ticks on your dog, in the garden and/or your house ... Please read this thread ...

Check out this thread please :

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=54881;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2003, 1:57 AM

Post #12 of 35 (2001 views)
Shortcut

haha..hopefully no spca officials reading this thread...LaughLaugh

for my dogs, the term "getting used to them" would be getting used to ayam serama in their mouth.BlushBlush...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2003, 8:47 AM

Post #13 of 35 (1995 views)
Shortcut

LOL

no officials lar...but wonder if the SPCA volunteers will say anything or not....hmm..... Tongue

poor chickens.. lol Tongue nvm la....most of them end up in a pot anyways..well, not ayam serama's ..but their cousins
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2003, 8:48 AM

Post #14 of 35 (1994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

lol Wink

*hugging weird gremlins*
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #15 of 35 (1982 views)
Shortcut

ehh...you have a really funny way to get rid of ticks ah...and some more can excersie both your chickens and your dog huh? heheheh.......WinkLaughSly

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 7:35 PM

Post #16 of 35 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL!

true wert.....the chickens really do eat ticks fr the grass... TongueLaugh

hehe..killing 2 birds with one stone Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #17 of 35 (1978 views)
Shortcut

... *weird germlins have turned into weird chickens with pointy ears* ... Tongue

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 8:49 PM

Post #18 of 35 (1977 views)
Shortcut

LOL

hmm.....

*pets lil chickens with pointy ears*

lolLaugh
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #19 of 35 (1974 views)
Shortcut

hahah...some more your dogs so 'guai' wor....never chase the chicken meh?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 8:15 AM

Post #20 of 35 (1971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] how to prevent ticks from my dog if my house had a garden? [In reply to] Can't Post

Last time I only had Silky...she would only chase if given the command "Get it!"

now... lol...don't know lar... ;) i hv 3 more doggies who didn't grow up with chickens..not sure what they'll do.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 1:08 AM

Post #21 of 35 (1966 views)
Shortcut

hahah.....sure bet your 3 doggies will chase the chicken until the chicken fly away....hehehe.......TongueTongueTongue

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 5:10 AM

Post #22 of 35 (1964 views)
Shortcut

heheheLaugh

kewl..wonder if i'll get a nobel prize..for discovering a way to make tame chickens fly? Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 6:35 PM

Post #23 of 35 (1961 views)
Shortcut

will cat eat up chicks?

Pacco de Mongrel

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 9:16 PM

Post #24 of 35 (1954 views)
Shortcut

hahaha......i thought nobel prize is for peace one ah????

heheh...actually tame chickens can still fly lah...just cannot fly high nia....but maybe your doggies can exercise them and train them everyday until they can fly.....hehehe......LaughSlyTongue

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2003, 12:41 AM

Post #25 of 35 (1950 views)
Shortcut

I think so... unless we socialize them with the chicks since they're kittens Crazy

I think.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my