Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 8:25 AM

Post #1 of 24 (2239 views)
Shortcut
My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale Can't Post

My friend and I decided to give a little helping hand by donating some of our cards for SPCA junk sale. You can view them from this site vicfion.wakaf.net. We donated cards from "Doggie With A Hat" series and VF Postcards. I worked for Humane Society's Animals Shelter in Michigan, USA before but as I am a mother now, I don't think I can find any free time to volunteer like I used to. Do try to help these poor animals who has no choice to live Frown Fion

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 12:01 PM

Post #2 of 24 (2234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

Fion

Keep up the good work.Smile The spirit of "help" comes from everywhere, need not be the REAL physical help to these shelters. And, thanks for the VF card that you've sent to me, it is very nice. I'm sure the cards could be hot-selling-pie~

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 3:02 PM

Post #3 of 24 (2232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Smile

very nice of you to donate the cards. will check them out Smile

btw, when is the jumbo sale?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 8:01 PM

Post #4 of 24 (2223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the compliment. I sure hope so. Anyway, condition here and in the USA so much different. Much better facilities in the USA. Hope ours will be improved. Keep in touch. Fion

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 8:04 PM

Post #5 of 24 (2222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the compliment. Oh, the jumble sale I sent for were already held. Don't remember when was it though. Keep in touch. Fion

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 9:12 PM

Post #6 of 24 (2219 views)
Shortcut

your welcome..

Unsureoh.. i thought it was the next one...any idea when the next jumbo sale is?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 16, 2003, 11:23 PM

Post #7 of 24 (2202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so sorry, have no idea but I read the news from Star Metro if I am not mistaken before I sent them.... Fion

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 17, 2003, 6:45 AM

Post #8 of 24 (2195 views)
Shortcut

its ok thenSmile thanks anyway

will look out in the star metro
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Sep 16, 2003, 2:02 AM

Post #9 of 24 (2160 views)
Shortcut

did you have to go all the way there to donate stuffs to them ? or is there an easier way ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 17, 2003, 5:54 PM

Post #10 of 24 (2152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

Depends on what are you donating... I donated cards so I send to them by registered post... If bigger things like dog food and all, I guess it is best to go all the way there... Also I am poor in learning my roads there so this is another reason why I choose to send by this matter... I see that you own 2 dogs, a Husky and a White one? You are lucky to have a Husky then... I used to have one of those... if you interested, do log into my website www.geocities.com/amomentwithfion... take care... Fion

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Sep 17, 2003, 8:50 PM

Post #11 of 24 (2149 views)
Shortcut

lol... i dont know how to get there thats y i'm asking if there are other ways

well i'll go there one day =)

or drop by at their sales where ever i can

ehhe i saw the huskies

u had sooooooo many dogs ???!?

u are SO LUCKY !Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 21, 2003, 9:00 AM

Post #12 of 24 (2137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess the best way is to go by LRT... But I am not sure whether to go down from KLCC or Ampang Park because there are way to Jalan Ampang from there... gosh... don't know my way around... Not really lucky.. have to loose them... Wish I can have a pet that can be with me forever... By the way, what is your Husky's name? Wish I can see your dog one day.... keep in touch.. take care.... Fion

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 21, 2003, 9:09 AM

Post #13 of 24 (2135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion, lovedoggies] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

ways to get to SPCA ampang via public transport:

if u r taking the PUTRA LRT - get down at Ampang Park station, from there u can either take a taxi to SPCA (would cost about rm5), or take the Intrakota bus no.23 and ask the driver where do u get down to go to SPCA (it's after ISKL and the row of shops).

if u r taking the STAR LRT - get down at Ampang station (the last stop) and from there take a taxi to SPCA (would cost about rm4, depending on the traffic).

easiest is to take a taxi straight from where u r (if it's not too far) and head to SPCA! this is what i do all the time! Tongue

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #14 of 24 (2129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your time to describe how to get there... really appreciated... thanks... I will try to get there one day and hopefully able to meet some of you from the forum since we have the same target... Fiona

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 24, 2003, 4:22 AM

Post #15 of 24 (2123 views)
Shortcut

hey no prob! don't mention it! Cool yeah do let me know when u r going to SPCA, and maybe can meet there... Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 6:50 PM

Post #16 of 24 (2116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] My Friend And I Had Donated Some Of Our Cards For Their Junk Sale [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool.. hope we able to meet one day then... Been to PAWS? I think the situation there worst... Anyway, keep in touch... take care.. Fion

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 9:45 PM

Post #17 of 24 (2109 views)
Shortcut

nope i've not been to PAWS... but have been wanting to go... it's quite far for me... so trying to get some frens to go tgt... car pool! Wink would really like to see how the situation there is compared to SPCA, and what i can do to help out...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 6:39 PM

Post #18 of 24 (2105 views)
Shortcut

Oh I have been there only once and it was like 4 years back... I stay near PAWS by the way... I cannot bear to be there... not even SPCA so I seldom feel like going... seeing those sorowful eyes really break my heart... Anyway, if you have gathered some friends to go to PAWS and should you plan for a jumble sale, do let me know.... I still have some cards available to be donated... but hey, hopefully earlier, if not I will just send them to SPCA... I never hear that PAWS plan any sale or stuff like that so I had never send them any... hopefully you and your friends can come up with something and I will have some cards out for sale benefit for PAWS... oh if you free do log in my website www.geocities.com/amomentwithfion to see situation of another animal shelter which situated in the USA.. condition there is much better but yet heart breaking... I volunteer to worked there for a few months... better get going... take care... Fion

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 7:35 PM

Post #19 of 24 (2102 views)
Shortcut

yeah... conditions of shelters here are not good... but that's the very reason why they need our help... give donation or spend some time there to help out... do it for the doggies there... it would make a difference to them just having someone to take them out for a walk, which they don't get to do very often staying in shelters... Unsure

why don't u call up PAWS and ask if they are organising any jumble sale? then u could donate some stuff to them... Cool

what do u do? just wondering how come u always have cards to donate! Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 8:02 PM

Post #20 of 24 (2100 views)
Shortcut

I do have PAWS addresses and all but they never organise anything like SPCA... Not that I ever heard of so I thought if there are people who will organise a jumble sale (I read from forum that a person might organise it but I never hear from her anymore), I will send some of my cards if not the cards will be useless... I am a freelance graphic designer and had designed cards before... a friend of mine, at the same time had some of her cards which displays her drawing of dogs which is a good theme for SPCA so we came up with the idea of donating some of our cards to the SPCA... you can see our cards from our website vicfion.wakaf.net (a simple one)...
I know what you mean but as I said I cannot bear seeing their sorrowful eyes so I often choose not to go plus now I am not as free as I use to be, do whatever I want to as I am now a mother of 2 kids and hehehehe 3 furkids... Wink
Write more to me if you like... take care... Fion

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 8:57 AM

Post #21 of 24 (2086 views)
Shortcut

ahh i see... so u r a designer... cool! Cool

wah... u have to take care of 5 babies (fur + no fur Tongue)! salute salute! Angelic

about organising a jumble sale for PAWS... i'd like to help... but need to get more people to do it... but before that i'd like to visit the place first... still cant get anyone to go with me yet... Unsure

keep in touch, ok? u can write to me at ai_ney@hotmail.com if u like.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 8:37 AM

Post #22 of 24 (2078 views)
Shortcut

Hmmm maybe one day we can go together since I stay near PAWS... I think... I don't know how to get there but my husband knows.. he brought me there once and such a heartbreaking scene...
Thanks for compliment... I do have a little help from here and there... my mom with kids and my husband with dogs...
Someone had take my dog as a stud.. hopefully will success... will have some photos of them in my website as soon as those photos are developed..
keep in touch.. take care... Fiona

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 9:34 AM

Post #23 of 24 (2075 views)
Shortcut

go tgt, can also... we can arrange... let me know when u would like to go and then maybe i can meet u somewhere... Cool

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 2, 2003, 9:18 AM

Post #24 of 24 (2070 views)
Shortcut

Cool, maybe one day we can meet up in Subang Parade and have my husband bring us there or something... or I might ask him to teach me how to get there first... keep in touch... Fion

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my