HOW you named your dog and WHY?

leopui
K9 Maniac

Dec 8, 2001, 9:41 AM

Post #1 of 18 (5154 views)
Shortcut
HOW you named your dog and WHY? Can't Post

Hi List,

So far we've discussed almost every dog related topic under the sun. But what about our dogs? I just want to ask everyone WHAT dogs you have and HOW you named them and WHY? I hope this will be something fun to start off with more participation ...

I'll start first! Currently, I have 06 dogs living with me & 02 dogs living with the co-owner and I got them and named them in this order:

My 2nd male WS, I named him as "Jamin's Brave Scout SGNW" in his registration paper and his call name is "Scout", a memoray carry foward from my first late colour GSD while "Jamin is the kennel afflix that I got him from and the "SGNW" stand for my present kennel name as "SafeGuard NightWatch".

My 3rd male WS, I named him as "WhiteWolf Kazen Benetz SGNW" and his call name is "Kazen". "Benetz" is his breeder name. "Kazen" is the name that I have learn from a doggie movie who happened to be a Large White Shepherd male, and because of "Kazen" have the large bone in build just like the one in movie so I named him after the Dog Star!!!

My 2nd female WS was imported as an adult, that leave me no choice to keep her original name as "Sheaba Weis Traumer" and her calling name is "Sheba". Well, she is a queen to me anyay!!!

My 3rd female WS was also imported as a young adult, again that leave me no choice to keep her original name as "Cheeky-Chick Sheila of Argnet Wonder" and her calling name is "Sheila". Any way, I don't find "Sheila" is "that" cheeky"!!!

My 4th female WS is the first female pup I have choose to keep from the last litter by Scout & Sheba. I named her "NightWatch's Universe Vorpax" and her calling name is "Vorpax". "Nightwatch" is the kennel afflix for my White Shepherd breeding and "Vorpax" is the name that I have learn from a TV series about a female warrier!!!

My 5th female WS is the second female pup on a co-own basic. The co-owner named her as "NightWatch's White Angel" because his young son is in-love with a young girl named "Angel"!!! Well, what can I say about that!??!

My 6th female WS is the third female pup from the same litter as my "Vorpax" It is a "gift" but under co-own basic to my parent-in-law since I've married their daughter for the past seven years. In-fact, I don't have any intention to "gift" my pup/dog away but what can I do when your dearest asked for it??? Oooopssss, out-of-topic, her name is "NightWatch's White Princess" and the call her as "Princess". Was wondering ... why are they choosing this name (I only added the "White" in between)???

My 2nd solid black male GSD is "Russ", he is imported as an adult trained Guard Dog from my counter part. A non pedigree dog ... and I stay with that name!!!

Well that's all about this time till next year ... more dogs to come!!! Happy Posting & Stay Health.

LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 8, 2001, 3:40 PM

Post #2 of 18 (5150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] HOW you named your dog and WHY? [In reply to] Can't Post

Very interesting indeed!
So, my friend U have six dogs living with you, but I have 9 three more than U. Always like to be Tai Kor?
Will get back to you on system how I named them for identification as litters increased,
BTW,there is still one more topic under the sun that has not been exposed. Dog aggression towards other dogs and human beings and since you have 6, I am sure not all six of them are living in harmony, sometime I believe they do growl at each other and from growl to fist fights and from fist fights to getting at each others throat. What do you do? Shout at them, whack them, or pull them apart? I did the last one on one Hari Raya occasion, the other mistook my arm as the neck of the other dog. One byte=33stitches.
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 8, 2001, 4:05 PM

Post #3 of 18 (5149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] HOW you named your dog and WHY? [In reply to] Can't Post

Derrick OUCH!!!! PiratePirate

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

leopui
K9 Maniac

Dec 8, 2001, 10:05 PM

Post #4 of 18 (5145 views)
Shortcut

Derrick,

Thank you for the "gentle reminder", why not you strat the subject and I will tell you my past experience about the dogs' fight!!!

I am lucky in a sense did not get bite but it lead to two dogs kills!!! Stay tune and it is ... coming soon!

LEO PUI

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2001, 12:12 AM

Post #5 of 18 (5138 views)
Shortcut

SmileEh ...

How you all name your dog ar? like Derrick's dalmation, he or she has a long name, but for us, we just name our dogs by a simple name. Why must you (Derrick) named your dogs like that? any particular reasons? or ... may be can teach us too Tongue

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 12, 2001, 1:09 AM

Post #6 of 18 (5133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] HOW you named your dog and WHY? [In reply to] Can't Post

Jason, I would say dog's name are much like ours.They have a formal full name and also a short name.Having pedigrees like Derrick require a certificate so their MKA certificate is kind of like our birth certificate so put a nice name along with the kennel the dog was breed at.For Derrick his kennel name is Kushadow which is something like a surname so it's easier for people to identify where the dog is from same like human have surname to identify their family tree...

Most people don't call their dogs by their long name..most just give them a short name...

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2001, 7:22 AM

Post #7 of 18 (5128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] HOW you named your dog and WHY? [In reply to] Can't Post

OIC Shocked thanks Rainbow ...I just curious about it ...Smile

regards

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 12, 2001, 10:10 AM

Post #8 of 18 (5127 views)
Shortcut

Ur Welcome..Smile What's your boxer's name by the way??

¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2001, 7:24 PM

Post #9 of 18 (5121 views)
Shortcut

I named her CANDY ...Smile

Yours ...?

regards

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 12, 2001, 7:54 PM

Post #10 of 18 (5118 views)
Shortcut

Mine ar...short name is Holli..erm long name sorry ar..don't know how to pronouce let alone spell!! Smile She was given an irish name..meaning red survivor..because she's red color and she was the only pup in her litter...bro wasn't fully developed and mum had a c section...hhhmm..think she was also born premature...Smile but she doesn't look premy now...she's a fat round juicy sausage..YUM..

¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 13, 2001, 1:34 AM

Post #11 of 18 (5113 views)
Shortcut

Figure it out U 2.[Holli & Candy]
I named my puppies according to my inspiration during the time when they were born.
rgds.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 13, 2001, 9:45 AM

Post #12 of 18 (5110 views)
Shortcut

Holli & Candy?? I don't get it...

¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2001, 7:27 PM

Post #13 of 18 (5103 views)
Shortcut

Hi Derrick,

I know that you named your puppies with quite a long name, like midsummer nite's dream ... is it difficult to call your puppy when comes to training? or may be the puppy will 'blur' by the long name? Crazy

regards

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 13, 2001, 7:47 PM

Post #14 of 18 (5100 views)
Shortcut

They have a formal full name and also a short name.Having pedigrees like Derrick require a certificate so their MKA certificate is kind of like our birth certificate so put a nice name along with the kennel the dog was breed at.For Derrick his kennel name is Kushadow which is something like a surname so it's easier for people to identify where the dog is from same like human have surname to identify their family tree...

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

leopui
K9 Maniac

Dec 13, 2001, 7:49 PM

Post #15 of 18 (5099 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jason,

Allow me to jump in on this subject although your mail is supposed to be for Derrick.

In-fact, Rainbow have clearly stated in her reply to you about the "long" name where you can find it in the same forum read as ... I would say dog's name are much like ours.They have a formal full name and also a short name.Having pedigrees like Derrick require a certificate so their MKA certificate is kind of like our birth certificate so put a nice name along with the kennel the dog was breed at.For Derrick his kennel name is Kushadow which is something like a surname so it's easier for people to identify where the dog is from same like human have surname to identify their family tree...

Now, forget about the registration "long" name, may be you would like to tell us why do your choose to name your dog as "Candy", is there any specify reason or you have an ex-girl friend who happened to be named as "Candy" too ... or you just love to eat "Candy" and that's why you go for this name ... many factors and resaon behind the name I would expect to learn ... etc, etc.

Check the "statement" that Rainbow have the said about her dog ... Mine ar...short name is Holli..erm long name sorry ar..don't know how to pronouce ...She was given an irish name..meaning red survivor..because she's red color ... she's a fat round juicy sausage..YUM.... Do you get the ideal now?

This is a lighter subject, which I believe it should have more member particpating it since we now have more than 70 member!??!

Let the fun begin ... God Bless.

LEO PUI

(This post was edited by leopui on Dec 13, 2001, 7:59 PM)

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 13, 2001, 8:20 PM

Post #16 of 18 (5093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] HOW you named your dog and WHY? [In reply to] Can't Post

For those who are interested, please pay a visit to www.puppyfinder.com, you will find 'Names for your puppy'. It is A to Z and has 10,000 names. Don't get lost eh!
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 13, 2001, 8:27 PM

Post #17 of 18 (5092 views)
Shortcut

Jason..when Derrick trains his dogs, he most probably calls them by their short name...the puppy should not be blur because they will be taught from young to recongise their name.....

A better example would be this...let's look at how leopui names his dogs..
"My 3rd male WS, I named him as "WhiteWolf Kazen Benetz SGNW" and his call name is "Kazen". "Benetz" is his breeder name. "Kazen" is the name that I have learn from a doggie movie who happened to be a Large White Shepherd male, and because of "Kazen" have the large bone in build just like the one in movie so I named him after the Dog Star!!!"

In the above example, the long name would be "WhiteWolf Kazen Benetz SGNW" and short name/call name is "Kazen" so when leopui trains the dog, he just calls him Kazen and not the long full name..

Long names are for formal purposes..for formal documents and it would sound nicer when the dog go for shows and wins..can you imagine having a Champion being called Champion Lucky...doesn't sound nice right??....

leopui
K9 Maniac

Mar 16, 2002, 5:14 AM

Post #18 of 18 (5056 views)
Shortcut

Rainbow, with reference to your quote ... can you imagine having a Champion being called Champion Lucky ... doesn't sound nice right??... when you mentioned about the name of "Lucky", I just realized that I have one WS owner named his male pup as "NightWatch's Lucky Star", I wonder if he would to be born in Europe country and he would managed to win the blue ribbon, I wonder ... what will the new senario be in regard to his name ...Cool Cool Cool

This is just a follow-up or to serve as a "reminder" Tongue to encourage member to particpate the forum section. We have more than 100% increase on new member sign-up since this post was made ... yet only so little few would share ... Unsure Unsure Unsure!!!

Anyway, my two new batch of two working line GSD are named as below:
Chyna Des Loup-Garou
Calling name is "Chyna" ... I am not sure what is the real meaning behind ... look like a sweet "manis" name to me but it just not match with her personality now, she is currently in training for bite work and I will be using her to work in time to come.

Des Loup-Garou is the kennel name, which is quite establish in Europe for breeding Working Shepherd!!! "Chyna" is a dark sable female ...

Cinta Des Loup Garou
Another female pup I have bought from the same kennel, I call her "Cinta", because she make me fall in love with her in the first sight beside, she is in the C-litter and the breeder would like something to start off with "C" ... well, that's how "Cinta" come by. She is solid black.

Few more to come, till then.

LEO PUI

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my