Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:27 AM

Post #26 of 87 (1576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i don't quite get it. how does the foil packing actually make any difference? the kibbles gets fresher and tastes nicer?

regards,
hunter

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 12:33 AM

Post #27 of 87 (1575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

(c) Digestibility: This one I am not sure about ... can be misleading maybe ... just remove fiber and digestibility increases ... so having 91% digestibility does not necessarily mean better food ... could just mean less fiber or less filler ... perhaps the calorie count is better indication ... but dunno ...

To me digestibility simply means the intake of kibble/food and the output/waste. How much your dog can digest and absorb will determine the % of digestibility. Some grocery quality filler like P3d1gr33, @1p0 and etc are simply filler.

Main protien source for is from their so called 'Gluten Corn', an inexpensive way of producing protien but not meat based. The price for CC is about the range of Innova, Candidae, but will not more than Eagle Holistic. in the other hand is cheaper.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 12:35 AM

Post #28 of 87 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah u can say 'so'.....in fact the aluminium based foil packaging bag is much better in local weather and u can feel the 'fresh' and 'cooling' air when u open the bag. I donno how to put it in words but u gotta feel it urself.Wink

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 12:39 AM

Post #29 of 87 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

okok paiseh paiseh Blush Blush Blush, any discount if get thru u for this brand of kibble ? hahaha u r so 'close' to the importer(s).

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:41 AM

Post #30 of 87 (1570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ... Smile

Foil packing is stronger than normal paper packing (does not puncture so easily & more airtight) ... in some cases, company using foil packing also vaccum seal the kibble - thus giving longer shelf life ...

Kibble that stays fresh will always smell nicer ... for doggies smell probably more important than taste ...

Cheers

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #31 of 87 (1568 views)
Shortcut

Is a matter of fact, Canidae and Canine Caviar are actually made in the same building in Hamlin, TX by the same Co-Packer just different ingredients and combination.

Same goes to Eagle and , make use of Eagle manufacturing facility in TX also. Wonder why most of the manufacturer located in TX, may be it is cheaper, but the transportation for delivering to nearest port will kill the importer especially the one with FOB.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:48 AM

Post #32 of 87 (1565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

... mexican labour in TX ... LOL

Riccaval
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:49 AM

Post #33 of 87 (1564 views)
Shortcut

SlyLaughSlyLaughThanks

teh tarik coming upCool

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:51 AM

Post #34 of 87 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon, surchinmy] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

oh :o

so that's the case.

somehow even switching so many foods, majority are not using foil packing.. normally it's those stiff paper bags.

any examples of kibble brands that are packed in foil packing?

regards,
hunter

Riccaval
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:51 AM

Post #35 of 87 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkMou Moon Ti..... but not canvassing for him.

My doggies are ok with it. Sai Swee SweeTongue

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:57 AM

Post #36 of 87 (1561 views)
Shortcut

I know that ANF comes in foil ... Boon says CCavier also comes in foil ...

But if the kibble you get is reasonably fast moving ... then usually paper packing is good enough ... I personally won't pick a kibble just based on the packing ...Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 12:59 AM

Post #37 of 87 (1559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually ... this Canidae sounds pretty good ... How much for 15kg - any idea?

CheersSmile

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 1:03 AM

Post #38 of 87 (1556 views)
Shortcut

yeah u r right, no one will choose dog food based on the packaging. I know that chicken soup from diamond (small pack only) come with foil packaging.

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 7:36 AM

Post #39 of 87 (1551 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Complete ingredients of CC

Chicken Meal is lean carcass. This ingredient is used to provide protein, calcium, phosphorus and many trace minerals. We use only anti-biotic, hormone and pesticide free human grade chicken.

Lamb Meal is the lean carcass of lambs that are cooked and ground to a meal consistency. New Zealand is the source of our lamb meal because it is certified Scrapie-free country. Lamb refers to animals less than two years of age. This rich protein source also contributes calcium and phosphorus as well as other vital trace minerals. We use only anti-biotic, hormone and pesticide free human grade lamb.

White Rice contains a generous supply of B vitamins, plus calcium, phosphorus, and iron. It is also very nutritious, and of all the grains are the most easily digested and least likely to cause allergic reactions. Rice clears up psoriasis and is an anticancer and antidirrheal. Rice lowers cholesterol and prevents kidney stones.

Brown Rice Contains a generous supply of B vitamins, plus calcium, phosphorus and iron. It is also very nutritious, and of all the grains are the most easily digested and least likely to cause allergic reactions. Rice clears up psoriasis and is an anticancer and anti-dirrheal. Rice lowers cholesterol and prevents kidney stones.

Flaxseed is a grain from the linseed family. The oils within the grain are very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseed aids in the movement of food through the digestive tract. Flax is soothing to the stomach and intestinal linings and helps put a sheen on the coat.

Fish Meal is a rich protein source, providing omega-3 fatty acids and valuable bone components such as calcium and phosphorus.

Alfalfa aids in healing allergies, neutralizes stomach ailments and contains chlorophyll to help bad breath, helps prevent tooth decay; cleanses the kidneys & removes poisons from the body; neutralizes acids; is an excellent blood purifier; improves the appetite and aids in the assimilation of protein, calcium and other nutrients.

Kelp is the mother of all ingredients, a great source of vitamins, minerals and iodine. Aids in digestion, helps maintain a healthy stomach, reduces the risk of poisoning from environmental pollution, promotes healthy skin and coat and helps cleans the kidneys, bladder and uterus.

Beet Pulp has been found to be an ideal source of moderately fermentable fiber and provides nutrition for the naturally occurring probiotics. Beet pulp in a diet encourages colonization of those bacteria which best ferment or digest that form of fiber and discourage those organisms which do not effectively ferment fiber. There is no red color, since sugar beets are white. We have found the lignin to fiber ratio in our beet pulp to be far superior to the other alternatives being used by some companies.

Yucca helps keep hips & joints healthy and helps avoid inflammation; reduces breath and stool odor and helps reduce skin disorders and eruptions.

Garlic is a natural anti-biotic that has the ability to destroy harmful bacteria and at the same time leave behind beneficial bacteria. It strengthens the heart and nourishes the stomach, spleen and lungs. It improves circulation and stimulates the immune system.

Rose Hips have 60 times more vitamin C than citrus fruit, treats muscle cramps, helps prevent and treat infections and curbs stress.

Mono-Dicalcium Phosphate aids in the maintenance of a normal heartbeat and for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles. Also plays a role in multiple phases of blood coagulation and in many enzymatic processes.

Brewers Yeast is a rich source of B vitamins, containing 16 amino acids, 14 minerals and 17 vitamins. Protects, binds and rids from Mycotoxins, that cause liver and organ damage.

Sodium Chloride works with Potassium to regulate the body’s water balance, and found essential in small quantities for growth. Also used to maintain osmotic tension of blood and tissues.

DL-Methionine is an essential amino acid. It is used for its protein value and because it is a urinary acidifier.

Propionic Acid is a three carbon saturated fatty acid and acts as a metabolic intermediate.

Choline Chloride is a B vitamin and prevents the deposition of fat in the liver; is essential in synaptic transmission of nerve impulses.

Vitamin E is an antioxidant vital to normal reproductive processes and to help maintain the stability of cellular membranes throughout the body.

Riboflavin (B2) Promotes growth and is important in carbohydrate and amino acid metabolism. It is used for the nervous system, utilization of energy, healthy skin and coat and tissue repair.

Ferrous Sulfate is an oral iron preparation used in the treatment of iron deficiency.

Zinc Oxide forms an essential part of many enzymes and plays an important role in protein synthesis and cell division.

Calcium is utilized by the bones and teeth. Also used for muscle tissue, cells and blood.

Pantothenic Acid is a B complex vitamin that is a constituent of coenzyme A.

Coenzyme A plays a central role in various metabolic reactions, e.g., the transfer of acetyl groups and the oxidation of fatty acids.

Vitamin B12 is needed for the formation of red blood cells and the normal functioning of the nervous system (DNA).

Mixed Tocopherols refers to the family of structures recognized as Vitamin E and is used as an antioxidant to preserve the food.

Rosemary Extract is an herb that is used to preserve the food. It acts as a stimulant to the circulatory system strengthening the heart, a blood cleanser, an antiseptic and also helps treat bad breath.

Citric Acid is a compound found in fruit that is used to preserve the food and is an intermediate in the Krebs cycle.

Niacin is a B complex Vitamin that helps process carbohydrates, protein and fat. Necessary for a healthy nervous system and brain functions.

Vitamin A Acetate is necessary for the maintenance of eyesight, skin tissue, the respiratory-, urogenital- and digestive tract and the immune system. This form is readily available to those animals such as cats that are not capable of converting beta-carotene to Vitamin A.

Calcium Iodate is a calcium supplement used for muscle tissue, cells and blood.

Copper Oxide is a trace mineral, essential in nutrition, being a component of various proteins. It works in respiration, synthesis of hemoglobin and the production of collagen.

Manganous Oxide is a trace mineral that works with the liver, pancreas, kidney and bone. It is necessary for the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides and activates a number of enzymes.

Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6) aids in the maintenance of the neuromuscular and neurological systems. Important to nitrogen metabolism and red blood cell formation.

Vitamin D3 regulates calcium and phosphorus absorption from the digestive tract. It promotes normal bone calcification and is necessary for bone formation in the young animal and the normal maintenance of adult bone.

Folic Acid is a water-soluble vitamin essential for the formation of red blood cells, utilization of amino acids and the normal function of the nervous system.

Thiamine Mononitrate (B1) is a water soluble B Vitamin that promotes good appetite and growth. Aids in digestion of carbohydrates, keeps muscles from degenerating, promotes skin healing and is required for normal functioning of the nervous system.

Biotin is required for normal skin and haircoat, prevents dermatitis and is essential for normal metabolism of fatty acids and the deamination of certain amino acids.

Sodium Selenite is used to help prevent dermatitis.

Chelated Minerals – A process in which mineral substances are changed into their digestible form. Amino acid bound chelated mineral supplements provide 3 to 10 times greater assimilation than common minerals do.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 7:53 AM

Post #40 of 87 (1549 views)
Shortcut

*Hmmm* ... how come i didn't see all this at their website??? ... Unsure ...

Now I'm getting confused ... these ingredients look pretty good too ... LOL ...

Lemme have a closer look ... Smile

Thanks

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 8:50 AM

Post #41 of 87 (1545 views)
Shortcut

insider news may be........go this from one of the oversea forum friend. She is a lab breeder in Michigan.

drew
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 9:04 AM

Post #42 of 87 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy, boon] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

hey i fed my dog b2b at first and then they dun really like it at all .. changed to CC and they are more likely to eat more than b2b. think it was because of the taste too ... b2b has no effects on them at all ... they eat less ad also they look the same ... where as after feeding them cc the coat looks more dense and shinier... Laugh

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 9:25 AM

Post #43 of 87 (1542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew, boon] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

With the complete list of ingredients of CC ... it looks like CC and Canidae are better then BtoB ...Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 6:08 PM

Post #44 of 87 (1534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon, drew, Riccaval, hunter] Odd Lab behavior - lethargy, non-interest in food, lazy [In reply to] Can't Post

*Hmmm* ... just a thought ...

If this is their "actual" list of ingredients ... then why does CC not say so in their own website ... (have also checked the other related sites I can find) and none of them mention that CC ingredients (esp: the chicken and lamb) are " ... human-grade & free from abtiboitic, hormones and pesticides ..."

All these sites just say that the meats are free of by products and chemical preservatives.

Surely, it cannot be just a lapse in advertisement ... it would certainly be a good selling point ...

Both C'nidae and BtoB set out quite clearly the source and nature of their meat ingredients ...

Cheers

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 6:20 PM

Post #45 of 87 (1531 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Did u found one of the site that stated CC is specially design and formulated for Working K9 and some police k9 unit in the states are using it. They use some sort of power form electrolytes to prevent dehydration and feed CC for higher protien/fat in their adult formula.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 6:40 PM

Post #46 of 87 (1530 views)
Shortcut

*Errr* ... I don't think I have seen that site ... do you have the website addy? ... thanks Smile

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 6:54 PM

Post #47 of 87 (1529 views)
Shortcut

let me see if i can find it....too many urls to bookmark these day.Wink But i think u can do a quick search on CC using google. Is one of the link there.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 7:31 PM

Post #48 of 87 (1526 views)
Shortcut

ok ... found it ... and yeaps, the description is there ... Smile

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 7:37 PM

Post #49 of 87 (1525 views)
Shortcut

looks good right ? hehehe can't wait to put my monkey fully on CC.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 7:43 PM

Post #50 of 87 (1524 views)
Shortcut

Smile ... yes - looks real good ... all the best with the new kibble ... keep us updated ...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my