Rashes and Puss

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Hoganfm

Sep 17, 2003, 3:12 AM

Post #26 of 31 (2590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Rashes and Puss [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Yes, did read the directions/instructions on the bottle n have tried it (leave it for 10 mins) but didn't seem that effective as suggested by vet. Oh ya, forgot to mention yesterday (was rushing to go home), the shampoo has to mix with water (guess that's alright to soaked for an hour). Actually I soaked my godson for only about half an hour (I had to stay in the bathroom with him n get some free sauna!!!) hehehe...

Will try the sunlight this weekend n get some tan myself too (as always, have to sunbathing with him; if not he will go to the shade).

Thanks for the suggestions/concern.

Cheers,
Hogan's godma cum nanny

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 19, 2003, 12:54 AM

Post #27 of 31 (2578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icaruz] Rashes and Puss [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ... Smile

Replied to all the queries in your email ... but unfortunately Unsure the email reply I sent to you keeps getting returned marked "UNDELIVERED" ... Tried a couple of times ...

Have you got another email address I can use?

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 19, 2003, 12:54 AM)

icaruz

Sep 19, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #28 of 31 (2569 views)
Shortcut

Sorry..you could try this add...Dvyne82@hotmail.com...Thanks again for your help

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 19, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #29 of 31 (2565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icaruz] Rashes and Puss [In reply to] Can't Post

That's okay ... have resent to the new email address you provided ... Smile

laurentia
Novice

Sep 23, 2003, 7:16 PM

Post #30 of 31 (2554 views)
Shortcut

Hi, My little Elmo-Golden Retrievers (3 mths old) has the same problems as many of you described for your dogs. He has many red spots around his neck, armpits, inner thighs and belly areas. And the spots developed into pus. His belly now looks very dry and dark and many of you as recommended many ways to cure it and I think I will try to use the vinegar and water methods next. Right now, last night I just started to use the spray-medication I bought..it's called "anifumex". I bought it at Giant supermarket. Hmm... any better ways to cure it other than using the vinegar and water? And any good reccommended Vets in Johor that you know? I live in Kulai (close to Senai and Skudai), which any good Vets you know in Southern Johor will be good for me.

My Elmo normally is kept in the bathroom at night , like after 11pm(after dinner and some exercises) The bathroom has tile floor and it's being washed every morning, using some kind of Cosway's floor detergent and then dettol solutions. The floor will normally gets dried by night and Elmo will sleep in there. But sometimes the floor might not get very dry and maybe still a bit wet. Elmo also likes to play on the grass, lying on the grass eventhough the grass is wet. Could the rashes caused by that?

ohh, one more thing, I'm afraid if it could be because of cockroaches? Because those disgusting cockroaches sometimes appeared at night in the bathroom..Frown

Please, please, any information given will be very much appreciated! Thanks!
Elmo

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 9:27 PM

Post #31 of 31 (2548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [laurentia] Rashes and Puss [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ... Smile

*Hmmm* ... Have not heard of "Anifumex" before ...

It's always a good idea to check the list of ingredients before using any product; and make sure that the product is safe/suitable for your doggie ... Unfortunately there are some commercial preparations that may cause more harm than good ... Not all products are equal and not all are suitable or safe ...

You write: "... Elmo will sleep in there. But sometimes the floor might not get very dry and maybe still a bit wet. Elmo also likes to play on the grass, lying on the grass eventhough the grass is wet. Could the rashes caused by that?..."

Yes, the residual from floor shampoos/washes can cause a skin reaction in dogs ... so, can bites from the insects & parasites in grass ... but without proper examination - it's not possible to say what is causing Elmo's condition ...

I don't think cockroaches can by themselves cause rashes on dogs ... but cockroaches do carry bacteria which might affect the dog ... but really I don't know ... Unsure

The presence of pustules indicates that some infection of the skin has set in ... the dark patches may be indicative of some allergic reaction ... now is perhaps not the time for home remedies.

It does sound like Elmo has a reasonably serious condition ... Please get your doggie to a good vet ...

Extract from a previous thread:

I will suggest that you take your pup to a good vet ... and let the vet examine your doggie (take skin scrapings, blood test etc). As previously mentioned ... rashes and pustules can be caused by so many things ...

It is therefore very important to find a vet who is prepared to spend time examining your dog and speaking with you. Just giving antibiotics or cortisone is not necessarily the only or best solution.

A dog with bad skin is giving warning that something is not right ...

Dermatitis (skin problems) comes in various forms and can be caused by a whole range of possibilities.

It may be something as simple as a heat rash ... or maybe caused by a food allergy, or allergy to the dog shampoo, or the detergents used on your floor, airborne contaminants, bacterial, fungal or yeast infections ... or some form of parasitic infection (tick bites or mange etc) ... or a combination of causes ...

The symptoms can range from mild rashes to open sores, from mild to severe itching and coat loss.

Treating a skin condition often requires a process of eliminating possible causes.

A good vet will have many questions for you - questions about your dog's diet, the environment in which your dog lives etc ... A good vet will also consider doing a blood test, skin scrapings for examination under a microscope or for a culture ... A good vet will also patiently answer all the questions you may have …

I don't know any vets in Johore ... Can other forum members give Elmo a hand please ... Smile

Good luck ...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my