found a poddle in penang

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

benchan8
Novice

Sep 15, 2003, 11:07 PM

Post #1 of 31 (3629 views)
Shortcut
found a poddle in penang Can't Post

hi Anyone lost a poddle in penang. Found a white poddle in penang opposite YMCA last saturday around 9.50pm.

Carey
Novice

Sep 16, 2003, 3:01 AM

Post #2 of 31 (3618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benchan8] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm quite interested with this poodle !Can I have a look of this dog ? Appreciate if you can send me the attachment of this dog .Thankyou ~

benchan8
Novice

Sep 16, 2003, 3:24 AM

Post #3 of 31 (3615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carey] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry!

Dog not for sale or adoption. I am looking for the owner.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Sep 16, 2003, 6:45 AM

Post #4 of 31 (3611 views)
Shortcut

any marking on the poodle or is the poodle wearing anything?
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 16, 2003, 7:06 AM

Post #5 of 31 (3609 views)
Shortcut

Yeah ...... I agree with Benchan. We should keep trying to look for the owner rather than adoption at this time.

Can you imagine the anxiety of this furkid's owner at this time ?

TerryFrown

benchan8
Novice

Sep 16, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #6 of 31 (3597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Wearing a green ribbon, that all. Not gtg to tell the sex, age, characteristic of the poodle. The owner got to identify it to me. Got to make sure it is the owner and I am gtg to give him or her a piece of my mind. Got into a accident cos of the poodle. The poodle is ok but my poor car. Haiiiiii.................

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 16, 2003, 8:07 PM

Post #7 of 31 (3590 views)
Shortcut

poor you.... oh well, luckily you wasn't hurt or anything like that (or was u?) hope that you are ok though... you are really kind hearted. Smile kudos !

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 16, 2003, 8:09 PM

Post #8 of 31 (3588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carey] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Carey,

you should try looking for "dogs for adoption" forum rather than in here the "lost dog" forum....Here is where people post up post looking for their lost dog or have found a lost dog.

You'll have better chance in the dogs for adoption site. Good luck ya ! Smile

cheers,
minglmy

benchan8
Novice

Sep 16, 2003, 9:35 PM

Post #9 of 31 (3581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

car in workshop. Should be out tomorrow but the poddle dun seem not to friendly to with my maltese for the last few days. But last nite they slept together. Interesting!!! Hope to get the owners soon as the poodle tooths needs dentist attention, probably too much junk food from the owner.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 16, 2003, 10:29 PM

Post #10 of 31 (3576 views)
Shortcut

Poor thing...let's hope you guys manage to find the owner soon. I hope he knows how to come in here n look :) Good to know that ur ok...

cheers,
minglmy

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 19, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #11 of 31 (3548 views)
Shortcut

very smart to not state the markings/appearance of the poodle first...
have you found the owner?? hope you are well also...your car must be out by now..Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

benchan8
Novice

Sep 19, 2003, 7:30 PM

Post #12 of 31 (3540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

well! Got 2 be careful. car is out now but still can't find the owner. dunno what 2 do with the poddle. it quite attached to my wife now but to my maltese, not too friendly.

benchan8
Novice

Sep 19, 2003, 10:05 PM

Post #13 of 31 (3538 views)
Shortcut

anyone is who interesting in adopting the poodle can send me a email at benchan8@hotmail.com. One things u have to pay for the dog, if u don't believe in paying, I don't believe u can take care of the dog for life.

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 20, 2003, 12:42 AM

Post #14 of 31 (3534 views)
Shortcut

Really appreciate what you did for the dog but why are you now trying to sell it ?????? If you take money for a poodlw you found, you are selling it isnt it ?
I believe ppl can be a good dog owner even if they cannot afford to pay. Why dont you wait awhile and give the original owner a little more chance to find you. He/She could be frantic.

TerryCool

benchan8
Novice

Sep 20, 2003, 3:20 AM

Post #15 of 31 (3530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

well, the reason I am selling it cos it can't get along with my dog and secondly, I have to recover the costs for my car repair. I have been to penang and asking all over the place where I have found it but in vain. And lastly, I have seen many and far too many having adopted dog and later throw them in the street. Reason cos it FREE!!Take a look in SPCA and u know what I means. I am looking for a good owner and someone who can really takes care of it, I will be heart broken if I will to find it on the street again. I wonder how many will risks their car for a dog??? As for recovering of costs for my car, I am looking at a mininial sum but most important, the person must be a REAL dog lover not 5 minutes kind. If not, I will continue to take care of it till I sell it or it can somehow get along with my dog.

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 20, 2003, 4:40 AM

Post #16 of 31 (3528 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi Ben,

From my experience, not necessary that a dog is bought with a price, the owner'll treat them well...rite? I thought that u r just looking for a good home for the poodle.....my friend's lab has delivered 5 pups n r put to adoptin without a price tag attached n they seem to love them very much...i believe that money is not the issue if u love the dog n want a good home for him....It's a matter of finding a good owner n he does not need to be rich...i believe that not all of us here r rich rite? But still we give our dogs what we can....

maybe u should think about it....to recover the cost of ur car repair...maybe but why 'being not able to get along with ur dog?'....is this a reason to sell n not to give away but charging some adoption fees?The dog's life lies in ur hand......so what ur decision is reflects his whole life...

not meaning to offend u...sorry if i doUnsure just think about itSmile

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 20, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #17 of 31 (3522 views)
Shortcut

glad to know your car is out and you are well. but sorry to know that the poodle is not getting along well with your maltese..Crazy ... but don't you think selling the poodle isn't a really good idea? not to offend you lah...but i do agree with what nathalie said..

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 20, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #18 of 31 (3522 views)
Shortcut

You did a great job to stop and help the poor poodle. Do not end such a good deed with the wrong decision.
Yes, if you do not pick up the poodle you may not have an accident but think about it, since you are the driver, you have to bear some responsibility on how the accident happen. You cannot put all the blame on the poodle or the owner.

As for selling the poodle to find a good owner. As Natalie have said, ppl who buys dogs or pay a high price do not necessary make good owners. Some of them just have lots of money o burn. You cannot justify yourself in this manner as you are trying to recover the money for repairing the car.

As I said, you started a good deed ... do not make it end in a way which makes you look like you did not do any deed at all. Sometimes it hurts us a little when we do good but I believe God sees that and He will bless you later. He just want to see if you can make the little sacrifices.

Think about it.

Terry

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 20, 2003, 11:12 AM

Post #19 of 31 (3518 views)
Shortcut

hello there,

I strongly agree with Terry and Nathalie.Just because the new owners don't believe in paying for the dog, doesn't mean he'll dump him.

My cousin took in an abused dog which was free..and the dog is happy and contented now.

I'm thinking of taking in another recue dog which is free...do u think i'll dump him?

I don't really believe in paying for the dog but rather spending the money on the dogs' expenses and giving a better quality in life.

The key to finding a good home is not by selling the dog, but to find a dog lover who has the time and patience. Believe me, I've seen expensive dogs, having less than a life than any stray. They're used as trophies to show off. Doubt putting a price tag on the dog will help the situation.

Maybe u could charge the owner for any medical bills of the poodle? or maybe a bit of the car repair. Don't think it's fair to make money out of the situation.

Just my 2 cents worth...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

benchan8
Novice

Sep 20, 2003, 7:11 PM

Post #20 of 31 (3513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] found a poddle in penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I say anything abt making $$$$$$$$$$$$, mind u! be careful of what u said! I only ask for a mininal sum to cover my losses. My car repair costs me RM 2600 can I get back so much???? You guys are incredible!

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 20, 2003, 7:22 PM

Post #21 of 31 (3511 views)
Shortcut

BenChan8,

How much can you ask to compensate RM 2600 ? 100 - 200 RM, will that help much ? 1000 -1200 RM, how may ppl can afford ?

Do you have insurance ? Maybe you can claim from your insurance.

I remember many times when I had accidents when I was much younger and also during those times when I could not afford these accidents ... I know how it feels ..... but we will get through it. At that cost, my advise is to claim insurance.

TerryCool

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2003, 7:09 AM

Post #22 of 31 (3505 views)
Shortcut

SmileWell,

No one her's trying to offend nor critise u...we 'r all here juz suggesting an idea. at the end of the day it's still u who decide what to do. Be it u want the best of the poodle or the other way round.

Still after selling the dog u'll not able to even cover the cost rite? So for the few hundred bucks, might as well give the poodle a hope of life......ur car repair, that's what insurance r for rite?Smile

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2003, 8:12 AM

Post #23 of 31 (3503 views)
Shortcut

sorry..my bad..

read other's thread which mentioned the word "sell"

usually when ppl say "sell" u assume they're making a profit,no?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #24 of 31 (3469 views)
Shortcut

Oh, my, well I am pleased to see so many concerned about one little dog. I have to agree that sometimes if people pay at least some price for a dog they will value it more. It also means that they are willing to spend some of their hard earned cash for the dog and maybe that will be the same for when it needs medical attention and other things.

I have to ask, did you try around to the local vets? Did you check to see if the dog had a microchip or how about a tatoo on the ear??? The SPCA should have a scanner to check for a microchip.

I'm sorry about your car and it is a very good thing that you took the dog in and are making this effort to find the owner and meantime care for the dog. I'm sure it's not easy to have a new and strange dog in your house.

Also it's very good that you are not giving out the details of the dog to everyone. Is it possible to try a little longer to contact local vets and check again with all the local dog assistance agencies? Like the SPCA and do you have a MNAWF (Malaysian National Animal Welfare Foundation) in your area? I understand it's a lot of work but you can do it.

Anyway whatever happens it does not take away from the good deed that you have done to take in the dog. Good luck with this.

That's my 2 cents worth!!! Linda

nickcaren

Sep 26, 2003, 5:32 AM

Post #25 of 31 (3443 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Just visited my sick puppy at the vet and saw an ad stating lost white poodle somewhere at Midlands Carpark. The number is 012-4232837 / 012-4884004. You might wanna call the number and check with the person to see if their description on the poodle matches what you've found.

I hope its the right one. Keep me updated on the outcome ya!!!Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my