Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Mange

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 10, 2003, 11:14 PM

Post #151 of 341 (15278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Come this Sunday for the AKC RDO Day and u'll see the product.....really good stuff Cool

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #152 of 341 (15267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi SK,

2 days ago we tried something new. Since Sparkle refuses to eat carrot sticks and only takes apples if we bite it off from our own apples...

My mum made apple and carrot juice and we gave him all the apple and carrot pulp that stayed on the juicer. What I did was....scrape all the pulp out added some juice and mixed. Wah he sapu everything.

U think this is just as nutritious? I was thinking of doing this....giving him his starters which is vegetable/fruit pulp and then later only give him his dinner (which is usually protein stuff).

Can balance ah like this? Blush

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 5:53 PM

Post #153 of 341 (15266 views)
Shortcut

Yesterday Sparkle gave me a fright. When I got home from work, the bottom of his right eye was so swollen! It didn't look like it had an open lesion or anything...just look like a bag filled with water. Pirate I noticed a small tell tale sign...looked like a mozzie bite. Mad

Anyway, washed that area with cool lemon solution and then put cream on it.

Luckily by dinner time the swelling went down and today he was back to normal.

Hak sei ngo....

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #154 of 341 (15262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

cshellz, does that mean that I must spay my Mocha girl to avoid the next generation from having mange?Shocked

Regards,
~!@Mocha@!~

Come to the Chit Chat Thread with MochaCappucino @ the Chit Chat Section !
Or come join the Klang Division Thread !

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 6:40 PM

Post #155 of 341 (15262 views)
Shortcut

Oh yes ... Smile fruit pulp is perfectly good ...

So, after your mom makes fruit juice, just collect the pulp for Sparkle ... And suggest, before cleaning & putting the blender away ... take the opportunity to blend some veggies too - like celery, parsley, long beans ...

You can make enough for a couple of days - if covered and kept in the fridge, the blended mixture should keep for a couple of days (but not more) ... fresh fruit/veg lose nutrients if kept for too long.

Just remember basic formula ... 30% protein. 35% carbo (brown rice etc) and 35% fruit/veggies ...

We just mix blended fruit/veggie into the rest of the food ... no need for "starter & main course" for our doggies ...Smile...

Hope Sparkle's swelling has subsided ... but for area around the eye might be good idea to make "fresh" salt & water solution (1teaspoon salt in a cup of warm water) rather then use the lemon lotion (which would probably have soaking for several days) ... salt&water is also mildly antiseptic ...

Cheers

cdmoo
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 6:44 PM

Post #156 of 341 (15260 views)
Shortcut

hi cshellz,

This is what Rex's been feeding practically every morning for the past 3 months. I serve them as treats during fetch game.

Are u using red apple or green ones? Mine is green apple.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 7:10 PM

Post #157 of 341 (15258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

hi mochacappucino,

no, you don't have to spay her. But some breeders advice against breeding the dog.

You see...the demo mites that causes Mange live on every dog (even the very healthy ones). It only reacts actively when the dog's immunity is not strong enough to fight them. Usually this happens when the dog's immunity is low or when they are under stress. These pesky mites then take over and create problems for our dogs.

Technically speaking, even a dog with a very good breed is prone to Mange IF the dog is stressed and it affects its immune system! Shocked

It does not mean that if the mother has had mange before the pups are guaranteed to have Mange too. But best is to avoid breeding her lor...

(This post was edited by cshellz on Sep 11, 2003, 7:12 PM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #158 of 341 (15256 views)
Shortcut

This is good news!! Nope won't be keeping it cause I think from now on we're going to be taking juice everyday.

The other day I gave him the pulp of apples, carrots and celery. We took it all out before we mixed in the bitter gourd. Is that ok for dogs too? But I think it's too bitter for him.

I tried mixing to his food but he'll mogok makan. So no choice this spoilt brat has to take his food in 3 course...appetiser, main course and dessert which is usually some fruit. Spoilt brat Mad

So far we have not used brown rice yet. My mum finds it too troublesome at the moment. Supplementing it with oatmeal instead.

I'll check on him today. If he still has the swelling then I'll use the salt water. But this morning he was fine Smile

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 7:20 PM

Post #159 of 341 (15255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

hi cdmoo, Smile

I'm using green apples too.

Btw, did you know that red apples are fattening?? So for ppl who are dieting, NO RED APPLES.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 7:36 PM

Post #160 of 341 (15252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Think most responsible breeders will agree with cshellz ... Smile

The dermodectic mite is present on most, if not all dogs, but healthy dogs have a natural suppression mechanism that keeps dermo mites in control, and no adverse symptoms develop.

However, in a dog with a low or poor immunity system, dermo mites can reproduce rapidly, causing the problems we see in our dogs ... and with the onset of a severe demo infection, the dog's skin may become susceptible to a whole host of secondary skin infections - bacterial, fungal & yeast ... and dog's health can be quite badly compromised.

Most breeders I know would say ... "do not breed from a dog with a propensity for dermo mange" ... not because dermo mange is genetically transferable, but because recurring dermo infection may be indication that the dog is not the most healthy specimen.

Good & responsible breeders only "breed from the best to try and get the best" ... The idea is to get a better, healthier & stronger "next" generation ... and not to breed from dogs who may pass on a poorer state of health to the "next" generation.

The difficulty of course is trying to decide whether your dog's dermo infection is just a one-off affair (for example: (as cshellz mentioned) brought on by stress or adverse environmental conditions) or a more serious problem.
  • Observe whether dermo infection is a recurring problem.
  • Observe the nature of treatment & treatment required to bring the dermo infection under control.
A normal healthy dog will usually only require a little help from it's owner and a good vet to control dermo infection ... while a dog with generally low or poor health & immunity will probably require more severe forms of treatment, over a longer period, and also probably require life-long support to prevent recurrence of the infection.

Hope this helps to answer your query ... Smile

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 11, 2003, 8:13 PM)

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2003, 7:57 PM

Post #161 of 341 (15247 views)
Shortcut

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I do understand now.

So, now it goes back to the argument of to spay or not to spay for a normal case. Smile

Regards,
~!@Mocha@!~

Come to the Chit Chat Thread with MochaCappucino @ the Chit Chat Section !
Or come join the Klang Division Thread !

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 7:59 PM

Post #162 of 341 (15246 views)
Shortcut

The bitter stuff ...*yeeecky*... LOL ... think bitter gourd is okay - I don't remember it appearing on any don't give to dog list. Just hope the people who prepare such lists know about bitter gourd ... Tongue...

Oatmeal should be okay, our doggies get oatmeal too ... But as with all grains, after feeding observe, some dogs are allergic to some grains, others are okay ... so just watch and see ...

Ahyooh ... and I thought our dogs are spoilt - but think Sparkle wins hands down even ... Tongue ... 3 course dinner even ...

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 11, 2003, 8:34 PM

Post #163 of 341 (15240 views)
Shortcut

will see if i can make it this sunday..coz i'm in penang lah..and some more no car...Frown

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 10:32 PM

Post #164 of 341 (15235 views)
Shortcut

how come the things you say are always easier to understand although we are saying the same thing?? hahahahahah CrazyTongueWink

I hate the bitter gourd too. What to do....my mum makes that juice thingy and says it's good for health. Looks more like she blended lizards and roaches and aliens in it....PirateCrazy

I think he should be ok with oatmeal then. I've been giving him oatmeal with honey since he was little and he quite likes it.

hmph! Wait till all his hair grow back. That time I will mogok his food and teach him a lesson!! ONLY kibbles for ONE WEEK. just to tell him who's boss and who decides what he eats. Now cannot la....so kesian...separuh botak...so let him eat what he wants first lor.....Laugh

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 10:36 PM

Post #165 of 341 (15233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

well, hope you can make some arrangements lor...it'll be loads of fun!! Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 1:24 AM

Post #166 of 341 (15224 views)
Shortcut

What you wrote was correct, clear & easy to understand ... Smile ...

Haaah ... we shall see - when Sparkle get well you really teach him lesson or continue to spoil the fella even ...

Cheers

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 3:23 AM

Post #167 of 341 (15220 views)
Shortcut

1. I will not spoil Sparkle
2. I will not spoil Sparkle
3. I will not spoil Sparkle
4. I will not spoil Sparkle
5. I will not spoil Sparkle
100. I will not spoil Sparkle

TongueSmile

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 12, 2003, 9:01 AM

Post #168 of 341 (15212 views)
Shortcut

1. But Sparkle will be spoilt.

2. But Sparkle will be spoilt.

100. But Sparkle will be spoilt.

LaughSly

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

(This post was edited by mackmack on Sep 12, 2003, 9:01 AM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 5:13 PM

Post #169 of 341 (15206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

SlySly oh no....sounds like the evil part of me talking!! muahahaahha

Have to start again...

1. I will not spoil Sparkle
2. I will not spoil Sparkle.........

Angelic

ginl
ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 5:19 PM

Post #170 of 341 (15205 views)
Shortcut

1. Sparkle IS already spoilt

2. Sparkle IS already spoilt

3. Sparkle IS already spoilt

100. Sparkle IS already spoilt

Laugh

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 5:40 PM

Post #171 of 341 (15201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

alamak! another devil....TonguePiratePirate

1. I WILL NOT spoil Sparkle
2. I WILL NOT spoil Sparkle
100. I WILL NOT spoil Sparkle

*both fingers stuck in both ears to block out all evil thoughts*

LaughLaughLaugh

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 12, 2003, 5:42 PM

Post #172 of 341 (15200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Michelle..... no need to WISH it here~ COZ:

1. Sparkle IS already spoilt

2. Sparkle IS already spoilt

3. Sparkle IS already spoilt

100. Sparkle IS already spoilt
SlySlySlySlySly

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 5:48 PM

Post #173 of 341 (15198 views)
Shortcut

*still closing ears with fingers *

Tralalalalala...........tralalalala..........

TongueTongueTongue

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 12, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #174 of 341 (15197 views)
Shortcut

Whatever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tongue

Clearly shown from your mood: Sparkle has recovered!Wink

be he the angle or evil, he still a mama-boy~

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 6:11 PM

Post #175 of 341 (15192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack, cshellz] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey hey ...

You guys starting new Buddhist Mantra or what ... LOL ... Tongue ...

But I wonder why, I cannot find myself disagreeing with even ...

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my