Anti grass pup!!

sijuan
Novice

Sep 9, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2241 views)
Shortcut
Anti grass pup!! Can't Post

Hmmm...

I'm not sure whether it's a good thing, but my puppy just doesnt like to go to the grass. Just for example this evening when I brought him out for a walk outside my house, I tried to carry him on to the grass for him to pee and poo, but everytime he lands his feet on the grass, he will pull back immediately and walk on the tiles, then he will does his business on the tiles instead of the grass, have to clean the tiles after that. Frown.

P/s: I did not sprayed or pour any "Get off my grass" spray kind of thing nor any of the pesticides. Tongue

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 9, 2003, 8:16 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sijuan] Anti grass pup!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is ur dog a small breed? Cos my shih tzu and maltese will not go to the grass too... they'll run away... mine is taiwanese grass...

but my mom's house ... cow grass, they ok ... i'm also quite curious ... maybe they feel the grass poking their paws... ha..ha..

regards,
sweeeng

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 9, 2003, 10:35 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2223 views)
Shortcut

hmm..not sure..silky's also something like that..but not as bad.

she doesn't like to sit on the grass..walk is okCrazy

but when i want to train her to heel...for her sit on the grass when i stop walking...would be... *WOW*

at home in the hse..she goes down also nothing

but she seems ok on cow grass though
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2003, 10:45 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2222 views)
Shortcut

maybe there're ants.....

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Sep 9, 2003, 11:59 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2220 views)
Shortcut

It's an individual thing, what your pup likes and what he/she's used to. I've got two dogs. Niles had never seen grass when we got him at 9 months, so it took a while before he was comfortable walking on the grass and doing his business there. Now he loves the grass and walks on it whenever he gets the chance. My other dog Emmy has grown up doing her business on the grass, but hates it. She'll walk on the path/tiles/concrete until the last minute, get onto the grass to do her business and then head straight for the path/tiles/concrete again.

I'd love to be able to get her to go on the tiles in the balcony, it would save me from walking her three times a day BUT she's been too well trained the other way Crazy (she's 6 yrs old).

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 10, 2003, 1:10 AM

Post #6 of 12 (2215 views)
Shortcut

Does your dog only refuse to pee and poo on the grass?? Salsa will go to the grass but will never poo on the grass.. occasionally, got pee la.. but most of the time, she will go to a rug, or to the toiket!! UnsureI never toilet trained her.. maybe... I say maybe onli ar.. she thinks the grass is her playground and therefore do not want to dirty it??!!?Pirate
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 10, 2003, 3:10 AM

Post #7 of 12 (2212 views)
Shortcut

Could it be due to preference ? They might just prefer the tiles or floor coz got no grassy smell ?

Mocha used to loves the grass... then when I got Summer it seems that Summer have sort of make a pact with Mocha that the grassy area is his and floor is hers ! so now each one take one side of my house lor ! CrazyTongue No territorial conflict on interest at least ! kakakaka !

cheers,
minglmy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 10, 2003, 4:47 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2208 views)
Shortcut

it is possible that your dog is used to walking on tiles all this while, and u should slowly introduce grass to him.

btw, wat kind of grass is that? carpet grass? those are pokey.

regards,
hunter

sijuan
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 4:50 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Anti grass pup!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey,

My house has both cow grass and taiwanese grass. Both also he doesn't like.

Today I tried putting him on the grass again, all he did was just run towards the tiles. Crazy He just refuses to go onto the grass. Unimpressed

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 10, 2003, 4:57 AM

Post #10 of 12 (2206 views)
Shortcut

u referring to shih tzu boy ??? whats the name already.... arr.... yoshi?

so he's now at sarawak..???

u can't go too fast.. try feeding him treats and playing toys with him ON the grass. soon he'll relate, grass is good ~~

regards,
hunter

sijuan
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 8:17 PM

Post #11 of 12 (2202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Anti grass pup!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey,

Yea, you're right, his name is Yoshi.

nop.. he is spending his holidays in my house back in Kelana Jaya. But he will be moving back to cyberjaya next thursday. Hehe..

makrawl
Canine Addict

Sep 10, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2200 views)
Shortcut

let me share my experience with u.

my dogs are "garden dog". they just feel so free and happy running in the garden. but they prefer turf more than grass(grass poke their butt).

when the weather is good, they don't mine running in the grasses (outside the house) and turf(in the lawn). but when thegrass is wet (morning dew, of after rain) they HATE IT. they'll not walk but HOP (really big hops) from one spot to another. another thing is, they like to stay dry and clean. whenever i bring them back to the OLD PLACE where they poo yesterday, immediatelly they scense out the smell and do the HOPPING again to avoid any accident that they might step on their own poo(usually it increase the chance rather than avoid, several times they hopped too "geng" and landed on the "cake"Pirate).

but it takes me months to encourage them to poo on the grasses outside my house (they used to poo on concrete floor). although sometimes accident still happen but it is greatly reduced. be patience.

maybe she doesn't feel comfortable with the feeling under her feet when the grasses poke her gua.

slowly. patience will pay.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my