First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

chika
Dog Kichi

Sep 1, 2003, 10:02 PM

Post #26 of 83 (2335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Utama has yet to gor for an operation, which they told us would take place sometime this week, so we should be able to take him home in the middle of this month. We were told that he may be a bit fussy with small dogs, so we'll have to watch him carefuly for the first few days as we have 2 little dogs.
He will bring our dog count to 7!!! Since we got our no.3 dog, we've been saying "this will be the last dog..."CrazyCrazyCrazy
Wish us luck, hahaha...

chika
Dog Kichi

Sep 1, 2003, 10:29 PM

Post #27 of 83 (2334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gins] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

We have been pretty lucky so far... we live in a bungalow at the end of a dead-end street, so we've only have 3 immediate neighbors. Plus one is an emplty house, our next door also has a dog and over the fense on the other side is somekind of a squatter area where I hear dozens of dogs.
In fact, the entire neighborhood has got dogs (some houses have 4 or 5) and the only house without a doggie that I know of among, say, 20-30 houses in the area is the one in front of our house. (even the kindergarten at the end of the road has got a doggie!)

Our dogs would of course back whenever people or dogs come to our front gate, but we trained them to go back to the kitchen when so told. (credit to my hubby) And since our next door doggie is quite old, our dogs work as their watchdogs and as "doorbells" because the next door doesn't have a doorbellTongue
In fact, they come out and check when our dogs back, and they are quite impressed that our dogs caught an intruder in our premises a while ago.

Now that we'ge got a rottie coming soon, we will have to once again train him real good and try not to cuase any inconvenience to the neighbors. I guess that's the only way to keep DBKL away.
Hope things will be settled in a good way with your neighbor aunty's dogs....

Gins
Dog Kichi

Sep 2, 2003, 1:47 AM

Post #28 of 83 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chika] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

you are sooo luckyCool BTW, did you n hubby visit Utama today?? I was in SPCA with my girl and I saw this couple with Reve taking out a rottie. He is a handsome one but I am somehow wary of big dogs. Was chased by a GSD when I was young. Was with my brother in a neighhour's place and they have this huge one which is kept in the backyard. It somehow managed to get into the house, and I ran towards the main gate leaving my younger bro behind. Smile Even shut the gate behind me!! And there my brother was screaming blue murder! Nothing happened, of course but yours' truly kena canning from my dad. That was a bad bad experience for me and it took me a long long time to overcome my fear of dogs. Sly

chika
Dog Kichi

Sep 2, 2003, 2:29 AM

Post #29 of 83 (2331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gins] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

yep, that was us... if you saw a couple of long-haired guy and short-haired woman... too bad we didn't meet up face to face. We wanted to see Utama and also brought 100kg of rice which we got (for 50 bucks only!) from a friend who works at a wholesale market.
My friend, who also adopted 2 doggies from SPCA, always buys a couple of bags of rice whenever there's a good deal and takes them to SPCA. We can't keep adopting doggies forever unfortunately, but at least we try to do a little here and there to make sure these doggies do go hungry there...

I was also chased by a dog when I was a kid. My monster was just a shetland sheepdog, but I still remember running through the trees like crazy thining that I was gonna die while my friend (the owner) kept telling me to stop so that the dog would also stop.
Strange, 20 years later, I'm the mother of 7 doggies (and the grandma of 13 rabbits). Wink

Gins
Dog Kichi

Sep 2, 2003, 3:26 AM

Post #30 of 83 (2330 views)
Shortcut

I was near the maternity section where there were a black terrier called Sam. There was also one which is there due to cruelty. Will introduce myself the next time i see you either at SPCA or KK. Cherio...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 5:15 AM

Post #31 of 83 (2326 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chika!

Hmm... I will be a a bit selfish and maybe not wish u luck... coz i want you to adopt as many dogs from SPCA as u could! Tongue Bring the count to 10, 20 or more! Wink I told Reve today that i met Utama's new owner from this website and she told me all about you! So happy for you and the doggies that u adopted! Laugh We really should meet one day in the SPCA. I was there today after 1pm, but of coz i think i missed you again. Nevermind, next time ok?

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 5:28 AM

Post #32 of 83 (2326 views)
Shortcut

Hey u volunteer there as well???Me too but only on certain days once a week as i'm staying too far away.I dont mind doing it everyday but i'm not working yet and my dad's paying the fuel.Wink Not cheap u know the petrol nowadays!!!!!

Yeah remember that !! DOG LOVERS only !! LaughLaugh

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 5:46 AM

Post #33 of 83 (2325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Paulynn!

we r both volunteers there and we don't even know each other! Shocked Crazy Tongue i go to SPCA on Sundays or whenever i have the time, like today, what about u? and where do u stay? Let's arrange to meet in SPCA one day soon, ok? Laugh

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 5:58 PM

Post #34 of 83 (2322 views)
Shortcut

HEY That's a cool idea!!! I'm going tomorrow as i have truckloads of newspaper to donate to SPCA and have to register myself at Alliance Francaise's French class so i'm definitely going tomorrow!!My last volunteer was on Thursday.We should meet up tomorrow!!I only go on weekdays as the car's with me unless my sis's back from college then she'll hog the car lolTongue Where i stay??!! You sure u wanna know..okay..Port Klang Smile very far isn't it? But for the sake of the dogs i try to go there once a week if not twice.Unimpressed

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 6:06 AM

Post #35 of 83 (2317 views)
Shortcut

wah! hey i also intend to learn french there lar! Laugh

wah lao eh! port klang is far lor!!! great that u still go to SPCA to help out even it's so far from u! but with a car, so no prob. like me, susah a bit! Unsure

chat with u on icq again! Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #36 of 83 (2313 views)
Shortcut

Sigh even if i have a car, it's still quite a hassle for me to get there.Go thru so many tolls, get lost a couple of times (not familiar with Ampang still) and come back feeling so fatigue.Luckily i'm teaching a couple of students piano so that i can cover some of the petrol that i used or else my poor dad has to pay for the full tank each time i drive the car!Angelic

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 4, 2003, 7:19 AM

Post #37 of 83 (2309 views)
Shortcut

erm... i understand also lar... have to drive so far, to and fro somemore... sure feel fatigue after that... i will too though i am not even driving... just sitting in the car for such a long time i will get headache! Crazy

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 6:11 AM

Post #38 of 83 (2304 views)
Shortcut

Sigh today i'm having a terrible bad luck..Just when i was about to fetch my brother to school, a headache came by..Then fever THEN diarrhoea!!!Frown Can't get myself to Sit up let alone drive to SPCA (1 hour !!!) alone.Really wanted to go today but scared i'm too sick to drive and watch the road so in the end, i stayed at home whole day...SLEEPING...Still a li'l headache and stuff but i tink i'll be fine...Sigh my poor friends at SPCA they must be wondering why i'm not here this week...Sobs Frown

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 8:22 AM

Post #39 of 83 (2303 views)
Shortcut

aiyo... luckily u decided not to drive to SPCA! with a headache and all, better stay home lar... u ok anot now?

dun worry about the four-legged frens in SPCA... i'll explain to them why u din show up this week... i'm sure they would understand... Tongue Laugh

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

kohzila

Sep 6, 2003, 4:51 PM

Post #40 of 83 (2292 views)
Shortcut

woww...full tank!! sound like someone is driving a S600 Merc..just kiddingTongueTongue I know its difficult and tiring to drive from Klang to Ampang..especailly during the peak hours..somehow I find it worth the effort as I can see lots of lovely doggie there..

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 7, 2003, 2:00 AM

Post #41 of 83 (2288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kohzila] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

HeH how i wished that iwas driving a Merc la..air con full blast ....good steoreo.....auto/manual gear....vacumned door...!!!!Heh it's worth it la but must see who's paying for the petrol...if my dad then it's not lo cos i feel bad mah :) But luckily....i have an excuse to go there each day (i hope) on october onwards cos my french class are held every monday-friday...YIPPIE WOOORF!SlySly

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 7, 2003, 2:14 AM

Post #42 of 83 (2286 views)
Shortcut

Yeah i'm okay already...I somemore went clubbing with my girls in Atmosphere last night!! Tongue Wasn't fully recovered but my sis and the other girls are all exam free so mah terpaksa enjoy...Booked a hotel at equatorial (10s to Gins) and enjoy the whole night hehehe Sly Yes please explain to them that i'll see them next week when i mandi them :P

kohzila

Sep 7, 2003, 7:34 AM

Post #43 of 83 (2282 views)
Shortcut

Hey..I was there last nite rite after work to meet up my vendors and their colleague from branches....frankly speaking I rather go back early and play with my dog....so boring there as they'll asking you to give more support to their business..anyway I gone back quite early lahh..

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 7, 2003, 8:04 PM

Post #44 of 83 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Ooooh but i kinda like the atmosphere @ Atmo..not bad la...haven't tried Bliss yet.Maklumlah, i only 18 and i can't really club.Only once in a blue moon.That's also whether i'm up for it.Heard that u'll get bored pretty fast so i don't wanna club every week like everyone else do.Wasting money too.

kohzila

Sep 8, 2003, 6:48 AM

Post #45 of 83 (2271 views)
Shortcut

young girl like you is ok to club once a while..not to those people like me..so old already..I rather keep those money to buy my doggies favourite food and donate to SPCA or PAWS..

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 8, 2003, 7:19 AM

Post #46 of 83 (2269 views)
Shortcut

Hah??Heh i consider very *outdated* (if u compare me to heavy clubbers) cos some even at the tender age of 14 starts clubbing.When i was 14 i still mong cha cha.lol. Yeah money doesn't come easy for me too cos i'm using parents' so i know my limits and yes keeping the money for our lovely furkids are way better than visiting the clubs every fri & sat like my other friends!!

Imagine normal C.Charge is Rm30,one month they spend approx RM300...enough to feed some dogs at SPCA...sigh.

kohzila

Sep 9, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #47 of 83 (2261 views)
Shortcut

hey.I saw a Chow Chow at the SS2 pet shop - Pets Pal..so cute..but a bit too expensive..actually I really "fan" with my doggie here..he seems like no appetites...have you encountered problem like this b4?

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 9, 2003, 6:53 AM

Post #48 of 83 (2260 views)
Shortcut

Chow chow??Eeeee sooo cute.Ss2 ...oh the one i think beside poh kong jewelry shop isit?I only know of one that's beside the corner hawkerstall restaurant.Me? Nope not at all cos my dog eats like no one's business!!Very greedy dog.Mad

kohzila

Sep 9, 2003, 7:03 AM

Post #49 of 83 (2259 views)
Shortcut

nope.. the one next to the AIA..the same roll as the Murni Mamak...lucky you got "wai sek kow" ..I'm still headache about the doggie..

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 9, 2003, 7:27 AM

Post #50 of 83 (2257 views)
Shortcut

wai sek kow no use cos eats halfway and leaves the other for ants to attack.Food ah tolong..costs money as well!!Then when i'm eating human food he comes sitting infront and drooling..Very greedy.Dog food makan halfway but see human food he'll look at me as if i've never fed him!

maybe he has digestion problems or he doesn't like what u're giving him?Check with a doctor already?What about his pee poo?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my