Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 4, 2003, 10:17 AM

Post #1 of 80 (3248 views)
Shortcut
Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September Can't Post

hello peeps!

in response to suggestion from Chika and Terry and realitydreamer, this thread was started, in hope for us to donate stuffs to Mdm Kang Gaik Kee.

if you're thinking why the heck we're asking for donations to this lady, well it's because she's so kind that according to Chika, she's spent her EPF savings for rescuing dogs. she's currently in Kamunting near Taipin with some 80 furkids.

she is staying alone now. and.... heck. no point of me talking further. go see it yourself here, you'll know what i mean :

http://www.dogville.org

in order to collect the donations, donors (in terms of cash, cans of dog food, dog kibbles, cloth and etc etc etc which u might think will be useful for Mdm Kang) are needed. also we'll need volunteers to

1. collect the donations, have a charity box on that day itself or something

2. send the donations to Mdm Kang in taiping.

please, whoever is willing to help - willing to donate, wiling to coordinate this whole donation drive for mdm kang, willing to transport the stuffs... pls add into the list.

regards,
hunter

(This post was edited by hunter on Sep 4, 2003, 10:23 AM)

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 4, 2003, 10:24 AM

Post #2 of 80 (3243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

Hunter, Terry & Chika~ Great move!!

Keep the ball rolling~ not only being a responsible dog owner, but let's all responsible dogs owners build up a strong community to help those in need.Smile

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 4, 2003, 10:25 AM

Post #3 of 80 (3242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

***this was taken from the webpage***

Many of you who follow Malaysian news regularly will no doubt have heard the amazing story of Madam Kang Gaik Kee, the incredible Penang lady who has spent more than 20 years looking after stray and unwanted dogs.

Words alone cannot describe her selflessness and amazing compassion, but we'll try describe her story as best we can to you.

She has spent her life savings and EPF funds on providing food and shelter to unwanted canines. Bear in mind that these are not your regular cute and adorable dogs and puppies, but sick and mangy dogs that most of us would think twice about before daring to approach them.

But Madam Kang lives with them, eats with them and takes care of all their needs. She gives the needy ones medication, the dirty ones baths, and cleans up after they do their business.

(following excerpt taken from an article in The Star newspaper:)

Ah Kee’s philanthropy began about 20 years ago when her husband died. Having had no children. Ah Kee began work as a shop assistant while renting a house in Island Park.

“That was when I began to take in strays,” said Ah Kee. “I started with the aged and sick ones that nobody else wanted. After several years, the numbers began to grow after friends and acquaintances started bringing strays to me."

"Some looked so hungry, like they had not been fed for years, and others were in such bad condition that I din’t have the heart to turn them away. So this is the result of my love for canines. They are, after all, man’s best friend!”

(end of excerpt)

Please feel free to browse around the website to learn more about Madam Kang and her shelter for stray and unwanted dogs.

Madam Kang relies on the assistance and generosity of charitable individuals to her continue her mission in life. If you are interested in 'sponsoring' one of Madam Kang's dogs, please visit the Save A Dog section.

Thank you for your time.

xyne
Doggyman

Sep 4, 2003, 10:04 PM

Post #4 of 80 (3230 views)
Shortcut

I'm so proud of u guys.... =)

li ping, i'd like to donate a pack of kibbles kua.. but i'm not gonna be able to go to KK in Sept. Can I drop it off at ur place or somethin??? Since u guys r preparing a donation box for her...

or can I leave it at Dhillons for u to pick up? I'm going there this sat.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 4, 2003, 11:35 PM

Post #5 of 80 (3222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

hi amy

unfortunatly i wouldn't be around this weekend as i'll be off for vacation wo :/

regards,
hunter

ashley
ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 12:21 AM

Post #6 of 80 (3218 views)
Shortcut

Hi Li Ping , i know this Mdm Kang news also. Last time she stay at Pg than chase by some people. so now she move to Kamunting, Taiping.
She keep a lot stray dog!! A stray dog heroine...Shocked I still remember she say, why she kept all the stray cos she pity them !! Frown
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 5, 2003, 3:21 AM

Post #7 of 80 (3213 views)
Shortcut

hello,

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread.

I don't think I'll be able to bring any items..only some money..

Hmm..the donation box sounds like a good idea.

Any idea if it's going to be situated at one place or moving around..like someone going around? I don't mind helping out here since I'm not in charge of anything.. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

lulugurl
ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 3:44 AM

Post #8 of 80 (3211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Good idea on the donation. but i wont be able to attend the event. I hope that the donation idea will be a successSmile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 5:51 AM

Post #9 of 80 (3208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

thanks a lot for volunteering!

it would be good to have someone going around with a donation box.

there are other fellow members who are willing to help out to. how about a few of u coordinate this whole donation to mdm Kang thingy (since SPCA and PAWS already have their own booth, think we deserve to donate some stuffs to this heroine as well)

ps :dun quite think we can get a booth.

regards,
hunter

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 5, 2003, 6:40 AM

Post #10 of 80 (3205 views)
Shortcut

I suggest that we have a banner on a stick where people can leave their none cash donations in one spot. Then we can make 3 -5 (cardboard boxes) designed to mount on our furkids to go round collecting the cash.

We need someone to take in all the donations (goods and cash) at the end of the day and sent them to Mdm Kang - any volunteers ?

Which booth will you be in Hunter ? Maybe each of us can make some cardboard boxes and leave it at your booth for you to hand to those furkids volunteer. I cam get Billy to wear one.

Firstly we need to talk to the organiser if they agrees with this.

TerryCool

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 7:44 AM

Post #11 of 80 (3201 views)
Shortcut

Very good idea ... SmileSmileSmile ...
Will make donation too ...
Well done ...
cheers

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 5, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #12 of 80 (3198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

I've personally seen her and fetched her to buy her dog supplies. She's a kind lady and we too once in a while drive to see her when we r free...we'll normally bring some kibbles and rice coz she don't eat herself..it's to make sure she eats and some human canned food....Good move...i believe we can make a change coz our number is large and since we always pamper our furkid...why not help her just to fulfill her basic needs?

Penang ppl.....maybe we can make a donation can tooSmile

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 5, 2003, 9:21 AM

Post #13 of 80 (3195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry,hunter] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

Terry's right..have to get their approval first. The other thing i suggested earlier abt Dr. Hasnul's clinic didn't get any word from them.. =/

The cardboard boxes sound like a good idea.. If Tyson/Hazel can take their mind off playing with the other dogs, they can wear one.

We have to hurry though..the event is soon and we haven't even gotten an approval yet...When we get the approval (hopefully soon), we have to spread the word like wild fire Smile

Oh yea, do you guys have ICQ or MSN Messenger?

If you do, pls add me..then we also can chat abt this. ICQ no: 100587281 Msn e-mail add: reality_dreamer69@hotmail.com
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 11:19 AM

Post #14 of 80 (3194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry,RealityDreamer] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

terry's idea is good. in that case boxes will have to be prepared and we have to figure how exactly to mount the boxes on our furkids.

but as for the organiser's side, am still not sure if they're okay with us collecting donations here, will have to check out with 'em soon.

for transportation, i remember someone volunteering taking the stuffs to madam kang's place provided that he/she is equipped with good directions. it was mentioned in the events thread not too long ago.

regards,
hunter

xyne
Doggyman

Sep 5, 2003, 5:53 PM

Post #15 of 80 (3189 views)
Shortcut

is there a way for members not going to KK donate?
Maybe we can send her a cheque or something? maybe set up a fund to help her ??? Tongue

ashley
ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 6:02 PM

Post #16 of 80 (3187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Nathalie, i agree to u , she not only need the kibble but also some human food !!
Rice, canned food, cloth, cleaning solution.....
a lot !!
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 5, 2003, 6:03 PM

Post #17 of 80 (3187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

If we are allowed to do so can you and some penang doglovers end the items and cash donations to her.

I am just contacted kbs to ask the main organiser if we can do this.

I suggested that we put a stick into the ground with a label "Non Cash Donations for Mdm Kang Here". This allows people who are donating any items other than cash to leave the items there eg dog food, cloths, food containers etc.

Then we can make some donation boxes to be carried by the furkids fo collecting the cash.

We need also to organise that these donation boxes have to be returned by a certain time at a certain place (probably one of the booths) so that we can hand them over to those who will be sending it to Mdm Kang.

Maybe we can make some handwork eg print some bookmarks with cute pups on it to sell as part of the fund raising for Mdm Kang. Any suggestions ? Only consideration is that we have 9 days to go !

TerryCool

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 5, 2003, 9:21 PM

Post #18 of 80 (3182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, besides wearing the boxes..how bout a small shirt cum banner for some of the dogs to wear so that they can "advertise" this? they don't have to be made out of cloth...maybe paper?

yea we do have to arrange that...who's going to be in charge of this? the person who collects everything and then passes it to the person who would send it to her?

hmm...if we can't make it in time for this, we'll arrange it for the next gathering..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 6, 2003, 12:35 AM

Post #19 of 80 (3174 views)
Shortcut

Let us make our best try for this gathering if we get permission from the Organiser. I will ask for permission tomorrow as I understand Boon is coming down tomorrow.

Its a good idea on the the furkids wearing a cloth. I suggest all the ppl helping out design their own pattern and use the iron on print out on a cloth for their furkids to wear. Paper may not last with these furkids running around or rolling around playing with each other.

The donation boxes has also be a little robust. Try attaching to collar.

Will let you guys/gals know if its ok after I speak to kbs/Boon tomorrow.

TerryCool

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 6, 2003, 6:48 AM

Post #20 of 80 (3168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

Maybe some Penang ppl can do the same....all we need is to place the booth or a box somewhere to do so. Maybe can find someone in charge then we can just drop in to the person's houseSmile

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 6, 2003, 6:54 AM

Post #21 of 80 (3167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueHi,

Maybe u can be the person in charge in PG then u can be the centre where we donate things....all household things also canlar...coz she always tell us that if she don't eat it's ok but not her babies...u have seen a dog of her's by the name of paipai who has leg in terrible condition coz it was thrown down the cliffUnsure

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 6, 2003, 10:49 AM

Post #22 of 80 (3162 views)
Shortcut

What a spirit!!Shocked

well~ time is rushing... at least just get a donation charity box, fix at a spot and FREE for everyone to slot in cash or drop the non-cash donation at a pile.

"mobile" donation boxes are not advisable unless they are taken care by members/helpers.

Hunter is out of town, u guys please keep theball rolling ya~Wink

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 7, 2003, 7:00 AM

Post #23 of 80 (3155 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,

Okay ... Yippee .. we have got permission ... thanks to committee and kbs. They are giving us a table. And I have got 6 donation boxes which I believe we will be able to tie to the furkids' collar / harness. I will make a banner at the table so that people can drop non cash donations there. I need some volunteers for some task listed in the following. Any other ideas, please let me know. I will try to organise.

Donation Box 1 - Billy

Donation Box 2 - Wai Wai

Donation Box 3 -

Donation Box 4 -

Donation Box 5 -

Donation Box 6 -

(Please fill in your name - those who would volunteer their furkids)

I need the volunteers to email me their mobile no so that I can also email you mine.

If I have time, I will make some flags which you can sell/give to those who donates. Please bring along loytape to stick these flags onto the colors. The donation box carrier will also have a flag (provided I can make them on time)

There was a good idea of wearing a cloth indicating that the furkid is collecting for Madam Kang. Those volunteers, please design your own (it will look good).

Non cash donations are also important. Items such as bags of rice, dogfood, flea protection, medication, bandages etc etc anything you can think off. Remember we are giving to Mdm Kang as well.

I will put a registration form on the table so that anyone can donate can list what they donated. This will help us to keep track.

Also need people to go round and have a look at the table and help tidy it up or help anyone there who may be interested in donating.

Let us make this a successful project - thanks to Chika for her idea.

TerryCool

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 7, 2003, 9:07 AM

Post #24 of 80 (3151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Donating to Mdm KANG on Responsible Dog Ownership Day, 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Xyne,

Any possibility of handing your bag of kibbles to someone who is attending the event. Will be really appreciated.

TerryCool

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 7, 2003, 7:41 PM

Post #25 of 80 (3144 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,

Okay ... Yippee .. we have got permission ... thanks to committee and kbs. They are giving us a table. And I have got 6 donation boxes which I believe we will be able to tie to the furkids' collar / harness. I will make a banner at the table so that people can drop non cash donations there. I need some volunteers for some task listed in the following. Any other ideas, please let me know. I will try to organise.

Donation Box 1 - Billy

Donation Box 2 - Wai Wai

Donation Box 3 - Hazel/Tyson (not sure if they both can..but will try to make at least one of them to wear it)

Donation Box 4 -

Donation Box 5 -

Donation Box 6 -

(Please fill in your name - those who would volunteer their furkids)

I need the volunteers to email me their mobile no so that I can also email you mine.

If I have time, I will make some flags which you can sell/give to those who donates. Please bring along loytape to stick these flags onto the colors. The donation box carrier will also have a flag (provided I can make them on time)

There was a good idea of wearing a cloth indicating that the furkid is collecting for Madam Kang. Those volunteers, please design your own (it will look good).

Non cash donations are also important. Items such as bags of rice, dogfood, flea protection, medication, bandages etc etc anything you can think off. Remember we are giving to Mdm Kang as well.

I will put a registration form on the table so that anyone can donate can list what they donated. This will help us to keep track.

Also need people to go round and have a look at the table and help tidy it up or help anyone there who may be interested in donating.

Let us make this a successful project - thanks to Chika for her idea.

TerryCool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my