First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 6:28 AM

Post #76 of 131 (2127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Last Chance 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

She's not yet vaccinated ar??? Frown So poor thing!! Her previous owners didn't vaccinate her! Mad Hope they do it before the weekend lah. I plan to go this weekend but not sure if we're going on Saturday or Sunday. I'll update you by Friday ok?Smile

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 6:40 AM

Post #77 of 131 (2126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Last Chance 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

i think the vets there will do it within these few days. dun worry yah. okok... update me when u know.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 7:03 AM

Post #78 of 131 (2124 views)
Shortcut

Ok. If we go this weekend and see her we intend to walk her too so if she's not vaccinated then cannot walk her right?Unsure Do they have a leash for her? And can I get a crate for her there or do I have to buy one elsewhere??

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 8:05 AM

Post #79 of 131 (2123 views)
Shortcut

erm... ya... if not vacc then no walk walk for her. but they should do it already, coz this is the 2nd week since u adopted her right? but it would be good that u ask them when u call. leash, u have to buy, from SPCA or a pet shop. crate ar... SPCA has cages to sell... crate i'm not sure. but so ask them yah!

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 2:27 AM

Post #80 of 131 (2115 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Smile We'll be getting Whitie's collar and leash soon but not sure how to get her home without a crate.Unsure Dare not buy in case it's too small for her.

I called SPCA this morning and gave them my hp number and asked about Whitie's jabs and everything. Wah!!! The person who answered the phone was so rude!!Mad She was so curt with her replies and she hung up while I was mid sentence.Mad This is the 2nd time (out of the 2 times!) I got this kinda' treatment when I called SPCA. I called a few months back to ask them if they'd pick up a stray and the lady told me to call the town council coz' it's not their job.Unsure

Are the people answering the phone always like this?? Perhaps you could suggest that they be more friendly and approachable. Their lack of service could put off many people who want to adopt from them.

Gins
Dog Kichi

Sep 3, 2003, 3:03 AM

Post #81 of 131 (2113 views)
Shortcut

No need to bring a crate to bring whitie home. Just spread lots of old newspapers in the back seat of your car and if you have old bed sheet, better still. Have someone to sit with your baby....everything should be alright. But be prepared if he pukes. Have taken four dogs back this way. Works out fine.

Have fun with Whitie. You'll have loads of smiles & happiness.Wink

Dont worry too much about the lady at SPCA....everyone gets the same treatment, even me!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 6:02 AM

Post #82 of 131 (2109 views)
Shortcut

hey kowie!

yalor, gins is right. just put whitie at the back seat and sit there with her, while ur bf drives i guess. better that way! Cool

and guess what? gins is right again! everyone gets the same treatment with the office staff there! Crazy erm... i guess it's just their way of communicating, they mean no harm. they are actually nice people in person. but i understand also how this would affect the people who actually has intention to adopt from SPCA. Unsure frankly, cannot do anything lar if they do not want to change, they r all adults, and coz this issue had actually been raised a few times in their meetings, i've been told. so everytime i just laugh it off when it happens lor, coz i know that it's just their way of speaking. Tongue

and just to clarify, SPCA do not pick up strays because they simply do not have the time and manpower to go chasing and trying to catch a stray. i think u know how hard it is to capture strays. Crazy if u can have the stray captivated, then SPCA would send someone to pick it up. otherwise, it is really the responsibility of the local council lor. hope this makes it clear. Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 9:47 AM

Post #83 of 131 (2101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gins] Last Chance 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the idea!!! I'll make sure we bring along lots of newspapers, paper towels and plastic bags.. Just in caseWink

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 9:56 AM

Post #84 of 131 (2099 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I did notice they were really nice when we went there... Just kinda' put off why they can't be that nice on the phone lor.. Puzzling.. As if they got split personality.. Hehehe..

Actually the stray I called them about was very docile. She was following me around. She was later 'adopted' by the fellas who were 'jaga-ing' the illegal gambling place, then got 'dumped' when they were shut down, then got abused (scalded with hot water I think). I don't think she's around anymore. I would have taken her back but at that time I had no transport.Unsure So sad when I think that she would have had a chance if she was brought to SPCA or PAWS .Frown

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 3, 2003, 10:11 AM

Post #85 of 131 (2098 views)
Shortcut

update me thru email ya.... n give me ur contact thru there lar...

cheers,
minglmy

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 10:14 AM

Post #86 of 131 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Glad to know that u find the SPCA staff nice in person too! Cool haha... maybe split personality as u said! Crazy

Not to worry... the stray is looking at you from over the rainbows. she'll know your good intentions to help her. Angelic

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 10:33 AM

Post #87 of 131 (2095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Last Chance 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure. Will have to get round to writing emails... Hahaha!!!Smile Should mail you before Friday lah...

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 10:40 AM

Post #88 of 131 (2094 views)
Shortcut

Hopefully she doesn't have to suffer anymore lah.Unsure So upseting to think that this is the fate of lots of strays. Really glad M'sia has a few places where they can be adopted even though the centers aren't as developed as those overseas. Smile

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 4, 2003, 7:09 AM

Post #89 of 131 (2083 views)
Shortcut

Went to SPCA this afternoon to pick Sookie up. Said hello to Whitie and saw her signage stating that she had been vaccinated on Sept 2. So u can take her out for a walk this weekend lor! Wink Laugh

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 12:37 AM

Post #90 of 131 (2076 views)
Shortcut

YAY!!!!! SmileSmile

Thanks! I'm going this Sunday probably after lunch. See you there??Smile Err.. And who's Sookie?? You adopted a furkid from SPCA ar?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 5, 2003, 5:09 AM

Post #91 of 131 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Ya, Sookie is my puggy adopted from SPCA. erm... long story that... if u r interested to know more about her, u can check out my posting under 'me and my dog'.

This sunday after lunch sounds perfect. i'll see u there and u would be able to meet Sookie too.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 6, 2003, 10:58 AM

Post #92 of 131 (2058 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Read your post and it's really good to know that Sookie finally found a good owner! Hope she gets better from the op soon.Smile See the both of you there on Sunday!

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 7, 2003, 11:03 AM

Post #93 of 131 (2052 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Change of plans. We'll be there a little earlier, around 10:30 to 11, coz' boyfriend has something to do in the afternoon. Hope to see you and Sookie there!!!Smile

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 7, 2003, 11:36 AM

Post #94 of 131 (2050 views)
Shortcut

Me would reach about 1pm. Hope u r still there when i arrive. but u won't be able to meet sookie tomorrow coz i'll only pick her up from the vet late afternoon. See u!

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 8, 2003, 9:15 AM

Post #95 of 131 (2039 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

We took her for a walk today. She was terrified to be out of her caged area Unsure took us more than 10 mins to coax her out of the gate for a walk. Then she 'warmed up' a bit Smile and got very 'kaypoh' about everything outside. Smile Can't wait to take her home!!! SmileSmile Will they bathe her before I take her home or will I have to do it?? Err.. She not so white already..Tongue

Were you there today at around noon-ish? I was wondering if you were the lady helping out that chinese lady groom the dogs.

annkam100

Sep 8, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #96 of 131 (2036 views)
Shortcut

Hello gals,

Hope I'm not distrubing you ppl. Do you think the SPCA is Subang will allow ppl from outstation to adopt their dogs? I'm currently residing in Penang. The reason I'm asking is because I saw a picture of a puppy which I like from the posting from ai_ney. Very very cute.... Smile Hope you gals can help ask. Thanks!!

Cheers

--Ann--

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 9, 2003, 8:03 AM

Post #97 of 131 (2024 views)
Shortcut

yeah i noticed also whitie is a bit terrified of the 'outside world'... but great to know that once u took her outside, she's ok and kaypoh somemore! Laugh

hahaha... not so white anymore! very funny! Laugh Laugh Laugh erm, u'd have to bath her when she's back home with u, and make her 'whites' shine! Tongue when r u taking her home, btw?

i was at spca about 1pm... so nope, we din meet... next time lor...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 9, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #98 of 131 (2023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annkam100] Last Chance 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi annkam!

SPCA is not in Subang, it's in Ampang, Jalan Kerja Ayer Lama. Behind Ampang Point.

YES YES! no problem! wherever u r in malaysia or in the world, u can still adopt from SPCA Ampang and take the doggie home with u! Laugh Angelic

which puppy have u set your eyes on? i can call SPCA and reserve for u... if the puppy has not been adopted yet, that is. do let me know soonest, ok? i'm very happy now to know that u r interested in adopting a puppy from SPCA! Laugh Laugh Laugh

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

kohzila

Sep 10, 2003, 7:45 AM

Post #99 of 131 (2013 views)
Shortcut

Hi..have you check out the SPCA in Penang?? its located in 10, Jalan Jeti, Jelutong..phone no : 04-281 6559..perhaps u can find a dog that you like there..

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 10, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #100 of 131 (2012 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I guess it should be alright but if you do want to adopt the puppy you'll have to consider the journey back to Penang with it. If that's the pup for you and if you don't mind the initial trouble then that will be one very lucky and happy pup!Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my