First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #1 of 83 (4012 views)
Shortcut
Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 Can't Post

Hi all,

August 30th is the International Homeless Animal Day to increase public awareness of the millions of dogs and cats killed in shelters each year due to lack of homes and to emphasize the importance of neutering/spaying. It is also a day to remember all these animals that were put to sleep due to overpopulation, and a day of hope that now is the time to make some positive changes for unwanted animals.

Anyone who wishes to join in this International Homeless Animal Day Candlelight Vigil can buy a vigil candle for RM1 at SPCA Selangor in Ampang.
There will also be a candlelight vigil on the same day (please see below for more info.)

Could you please spare some of your time and heart for all these creatures who should deserve and unfortunately, should have deserved, more?

Thank you

International Homeless Animal Day Candlelight Vigil

Date: August 30, 2003
Venue: Rahsia Bistro No.13 Jalan Damai, KL
Ticket: RM 15

Please call SPCA at 03-4253 5179/016-688 1514

(This post was edited by chika on Aug 18, 2003, 8:20 PM)

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 19, 2003, 9:56 PM

Post #2 of 83 (3983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chika] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, tanx 4 the info...
but, wat time will tat vigil start?? & wat programs will tey b having tat day?? i'm kind of interested... also, do u hav the location map to tat place? or mayb u could tell me roughly where is tat place..any landmarks mayb....tanx again...WinkLaughLaughSlyCool

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 21, 2003, 12:06 AM

Post #3 of 83 (3969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Well, that;s all the info I have from the letter I got from SPCA, so please call them to find out more...
I assume Jalan Damai is somewhere near Putra LRT Damai station?
Anyway, thanx for your interest and support.

chika

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 21, 2003, 12:15 AM

Post #4 of 83 (3966 views)
Shortcut

UnsureUnsureaaaa....i'm abit worry 2 call them lar... last time i call..tey like very garang uh...mayb also i ask too much question lar...or mayb tey too bc
eeerrrrr....can u get the info 4 me ar?? r'nt u goin, anyway...UnimpressedUnimpressed

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 21, 2003, 12:27 AM

Post #5 of 83 (3964 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaugh true true... I'm also one of those people who call them up and ask million questions. I also prefer to go there and ask, but this week I'm a bit stuck with work...

Sure, I'll call them and find out. I'm planning to go anyways.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 21, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #6 of 83 (3962 views)
Shortcut

hehehe... let me know hah....WinkTongueBlush...i belanja u teh tarik+roti kosong lar, ok...hehehe....SlySlyLaughLaugh

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 23, 2003, 7:41 PM

Post #7 of 83 (3943 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

the candlelight vigil starts at 5:30 pm on August 30, but you have to buy tickets beforehand at SPCA.
I looked up the map and this Jalan Damai is a loooong street. I will go to SPCA pretty soon and get tickets & hopefully get a map to the place.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 24, 2003, 12:37 AM

Post #8 of 83 (3939 views)
Shortcut

may i ask... is the candle light vigil is like last year wat printed in newspaper "a lot of candles wif name of tos dogs tat had been put 2 sleep in the spca??" i cried after looking at the photo, coincidently one of the name is same as my bob-bee boy here.....FrownFrown

hawke
Novice

Aug 26, 2003, 1:35 AM

Post #9 of 83 (3923 views)
Shortcut

Hi, am relatively new to the site/scene and am interested in going but was just wondering, can we bring our own pups/dogs too? Thanks.

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 26, 2003, 1:41 AM

Post #10 of 83 (3920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawke] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Since it's going to be held at a restaurant (I think), I doubt that we can bring our own doggies.....
But I am going to SPCA on Wednesday to buy tickets and candles, so I'll ask them and find out.

Just a reminder, you have to buy tickets first at SPCA and not at the venue apparently.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 26, 2003, 7:03 AM

Post #11 of 83 (3914 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hawke,

I have been told that we could bring along our doggies to Rahsia Bistro! coz the owner of the place apparently likes dogs! but it would be good to double check!

I would be going, so i hope to see all of u there! Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

hawke
Novice

Aug 26, 2003, 5:31 PM

Post #12 of 83 (3910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info. Have been there and it's an old bungalow with ample land area I should think but of course will double check with the restaurant. Thanks!

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2003, 4:18 AM

Post #13 of 83 (3893 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I was told by SPCA today that we CANNOT bring our doggies along as this event is for cats as well as many cat owners...you know. Too bad as we also wanted to bring our adopted doggies. boohoo
I still don't know how to find you guys there on Saturday, but hopefully we can all meet up....

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2003, 4:22 AM

Post #14 of 83 (3892 views)
Shortcut

hi annjou,

yes it looks like it... when we bought the candles, we were asked to write down the names of the doggies over the rainbow. Now I'm not sure whether I can hold myself there seeing all the names and thinking what it means, but we'll be there definitely and hope to see you all there too.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 29, 2003, 4:40 AM

Post #15 of 83 (3891 views)
Shortcut

Huh? The event is mainly for cats meh? Shocked for about the doggies that are looking at us from above? Unsure well, the info i got is different from this.

anyway, i'm not sure if i can make it to the event coz something came up and i might not be able to attend. but however it is, we shall meet at SPCA one day soon! Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

hawke
Novice

Aug 29, 2003, 9:49 AM

Post #16 of 83 (3888 views)
Shortcut

silly question maybe but does that mean cats can go to the do instead?Blush I have a persian too who thinks he's a dog and likes to go out for walks etc.

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 30, 2003, 2:51 AM

Post #17 of 83 (3880 views)
Shortcut

I meant that the event is held in memory of the dogs AND cats that were put to sleep, and what I heard from SPCA is that I cannot bring dogs to the venue because there may be people who do not like dogs... and I don't think you can bring cats along either....
Still, it's best to check with SPCA at 4253-5179.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 31, 2003, 6:20 AM

Post #18 of 83 (3867 views)
Shortcut

Did anyone go? I was there but have no idea how to look for u guys! Crazy anyway, the speech caused tears in my eyes. especially the part about the story of a dog, on how he was adopted, then back in SPCA, and lastly was put to sleep. it is sad to know that millions of dogs in the world suffer the same fate every year. Frown i have not read the story myself, but would look for it when i am in SPCA tomorrow.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

paulynn
ALPHA

Aug 31, 2003, 6:41 AM

Post #19 of 83 (3866 views)
Shortcut

Whoever who adopted that poor dog AND send it BACK was a total.......(no words to describe whoever that is).I mean, how can someone do such cruel thing?? I simply can't imagine it.So depressing.FrownFrownFrown

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 31, 2003, 9:30 AM

Post #20 of 83 (3861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Paulynn,

u wouldn't believe how many such cases have happened before. my newly adopted dog, Sookie, was also adopted AND sent back to SPCA by her previous owner coz the dog has a bladder stone! luckily Sookie found me and she would go for an operation next week to remove the stone. Angelic

aih, what to do? some people adopt or buy dogs just for the sake of having a dog. when there are problems, they don't want 'ma fan'. so give the dog away lor. and next thing u know they r looking for another dog! to them it's as easy as that. but they never think about the dog's feeling! aih... Frown

Sookie's Photo Gallery

chika
Dog Kichi

Aug 31, 2003, 8:01 PM

Post #21 of 83 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Hi

We were there, but also didn't know how to look for anyone. (We were the "lonely" couple sitting at the back of the restaurant.)
It was so depressing to see all these candles as each one of them represented the poor creatures who had deserved a lot more. Well, the only thing we can do now is to remember them and to help stop any more dog or cat from following the same fate.

By the way, we have this jinx in which every time my hubby visits SPCA, we end up adoping a doggie and guess what, we went there on Friday and adoped another doggie, "Utama" the rottie. He even got a new name for him, which is "Faust".
We are going to see him this afternoon and hopefully see someone from this forum out there...

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 1, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #22 of 83 (3850 views)
Shortcut

You know those ppl who did it should experience the life of an adopted dog who got adopted AND send back to dog pound.We should have a program to let them know and feel how dogs' feel too.These people are plain dumb.You know why?Dogs are just like human being, they are living things which means they too go thru the cycle of life so if their dogs fall sick or have cancer is pretty common...Just that their head is too empty i guess.If having a sick dog is so troublesome, what about living with a human being who has the same sickness like the dog(eg bladder stone)..Worse if it's their parents who are having it.They might just put their parents in old folks home...

You know, that's why i always write this down in my bachelor's list : ONLY CHOOSE GUYS WHO ARE DOG LOVERS LoL LaughLaughLaughAngelic

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 1, 2003, 8:32 AM

Post #23 of 83 (3846 views)
Shortcut

Lonely couple ar? haha! i dunno who... but i am the girl in the blue tee and black pants. if u notice two girls that arrived at 5.30pm sharp, right in time for the speech where everyone else was already seated, i am one of the two. next time must get hp number! Wink

oh! so u are the new owner of Utama!! Laugh when can u take him home? and how many dogs do u have now? hmm... a jinx huh? a GOOD jinx it is then! Tongue

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 1, 2003, 8:50 AM

Post #24 of 83 (3845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Int'l Homeless Animal Day on Aug 30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, many people actually FAIL to realise that dogs (or any animals for that matter) are living beings with feelings and needs too! it's a sad sad fact! and yes, i believe these are the same people who would send their parents to old folks home... Mad

u know, today in SPCA, a lady brought in her two dogs to leave them there. i forgot what reason she gave. but anyway, both her dogs are so skinny, u can see their ribs! when asked if the dogs are not eating, the owner said that they are very well fed! my *ss!!! Mad so in the evening when we were feeding all the dogs, guess what happened? both the dogs were eating like they've never eaten before! like there's no tomorrow! they could eat ur hands! they were so hungry that we had to feed them 3 bowls of rice! and they are only medium size dogs! it's so pitiful seeing them like that! and i can say they are better off without the owner! MadMadMad

oh... the bachelor list... haha... i will remember that... dog lovers only! got it! Laugh

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Gins
Dog Kichi

Sep 1, 2003, 4:52 PM

Post #25 of 83 (3843 views)
Shortcut

how to you manage with so many dogs? have you had any problems with DBKL? My back neighbour has 3 spitzs mix and one rottie AND someone across the road made an official complaint and they received an officla warning from MPAJ.Frown The aunty is a dog lover and she's at a loss now. 3 of her furkids are quite elderly and one is limping due to old age. Came to know abt this when she asked my hubby whether we received one too...yuk... keeping my toes and fingers cross! Will break my heart if I have to give one away...have 3 and only whisky has a dog license. AND he is the noisy one. Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my