Home: General: Chit Chat:
Me and my shadow....

TohCS
Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2002, 4:16 AM

Post #1 of 18 (4589 views)
Shortcut
Me and my shadow.... Can't Post

Belle is my shadow. She follows me daily from room to room to kitchen . Even when I am bathing she will sleep outside the bathroom till I am finish.
She never disturbs me but will just lie near by.

Curious to know if it is common among other breeds or only to beagles?

Also Belle loves to hide her toys from the other dogs.
Since I do not have a garden for her to dig and bury her toys she will hide in under the cushion , under the bed,between furnitures. So if you happen to be visiting me and happen to sit on something under the sofa don't panic its only Belle's toy.

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Aug 27, 2002, 5:11 AM

Post #2 of 18 (4587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TohCS] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

My PUG Boofy is very attached to me and is always within a few feet from me. His favourite place is to sleep and relax under my working desk when I am struggling with my never ending works. At time when I try to lock him in my study room, he will bark until I open it. As long as I am within his sight, he is happy.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 27, 2002, 5:32 PM

Post #3 of 18 (4577 views)
Shortcut

Same here. At times, I do let Rex come inside the house (rpovided the house is dirty Sly) , and he would just follow me whenever I go.... upstair / downstair etc..

Probably they know that we r the 'food supplier' and hopefully can get some treats along the way ? Crazy

Other thing is, it probably happens to puppy rather than dog. Could it be lack of self confidence / security?

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

arthur
ALPHA

Aug 27, 2002, 7:04 PM

Post #4 of 18 (4573 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Lee-Sha (my 1.5yr old Mini-Schnauzer) is our little shadow round the house. Whoever goes upstairs, she'll follow along and waits patiently within sight till we finish what we are doing and comes downstairs. We noticed this behaviour is also seen in our youngest boy (9mths) but he'll wander off by himself after a while. Our eldest girl (2yrs) is nothing of that sort. She's very independant and most of the time is by herself. However, there are times when she'll come over and put her paw on our laps asking us to pet her head or give her a belly rub!Smile

I believe this kind of behavior is somewhat breed specific BUT more individualistic based on the pet's temperment - Rdgs Arthur

wkser
ALPHA

Aug 27, 2002, 7:17 PM

Post #5 of 18 (4572 views)
Shortcut

nous is also part of my life......he will follow me where ever i go ...when i sit down to watch tv he will sleep next to me......sometimes he will put his leg on my laps...ask me to rub hi head while he lying down..........he will also follow my mum when me and my sister is in the office........he will follow my mum where evr my mum goes.......we will have a after noon nap next to my mum bed when my mum having her afternoon nap.....nous is part of my family memeber and our life........we are very proud to have him ........

regards

lisachew

Aug 27, 2002, 11:54 PM

Post #6 of 18 (4561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hahah i think all dogs which knows their owner loves them very much will do that shadow thingy...

as for mine, he follows me everywhere i go...if im sitting down...he will follow whoever move around..and if im in a room or toilet...he will tend to sniff loudly at the gap under the door.....sometimes...he will just sit there looking so intensely at the close door expecting me to open it any minute....

he even know the time when someone in my family is coming home...for example..he knows the time when i reach home from work ..so he will wait near the entrance waiting for me.. and whenever there's car passes by...he will be fully ALERT ..till he confirmed tat it is me...then he BARK excitedly!!

erm... i guess that how dogs add some excitements to their life...huh?

TongueLaughSlyWink
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Aug 28, 2002, 12:16 AM

Post #7 of 18 (4559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

My poodle/terrier/cockerspaniel pup does this all the time, so I don't think the "manja-ness" is breed specific! Tongue Don't forget, the reputation dogs have for their loyalty and love for their owner applies to all breeds! Smile

-= Tisha =-

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 28, 2002, 12:27 AM

Post #8 of 18 (4556 views)
Shortcut

My JRT does the same. He only follows me everywhere I go but not my dad or bro or bf. If I'm in my room he's there, if I'm watching TV he's there on the couch with me and if I go to the bathroom, he's there outside waiting. Even if he was sleeping and if I suddenly go to the bathroom, he'd quickly run to the door and wait for me to come out LOL.... they are such loyal creatures Smile

He doesn't hide his toys but he does hide his food if he feels he can't finish them so I hv to be careful of the amt I give him....once I caught him trying to hide a piece of liver in my room Crazy....he was digging at the corner and pushing the liver with his nose behind my dressing table...luckily I caught him...yucks!

(This post was edited by ginl on Aug 28, 2002, 12:31 AM)

TohCS
Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2002, 2:31 AM

Post #9 of 18 (4550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh Yes I do agree that loyalty applies to all breeds including random breed/mongrels.

Being a owner to mongrels through out my childhood days till today I must say whether pure breed or not they stand equaly in giving us unconditional love.

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
My fur kids....

melanie
Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2002, 9:49 PM

Post #10 of 18 (4534 views)
Shortcut

I totally agree with you!

Mine is a mix breed also and she is my very first own pupBlush

Kiddie will follow me wherever I go outside (she stay outside the house compound) She will make sure that I am within her sight all the timeLaugh

The happiest moment is when I reach home; she will leave everything that she is doing and run to greet me!

Regards

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2002, 3:30 AM

Post #11 of 18 (4526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I totally agree. My pup follows me wherever I go but one thing I don't like is he barks excessively (until he sees me) and scratches the door whenever I am in the kitchen and toilet. Really irritating.PiratePirate I thought pugs did not bark much. AngelicAngelic

Les & Mr Khoo: Do you have this problem??

Can someone shed some light on how to correct his bad behaviour?
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Aug 29, 2002, 4:19 AM

Post #12 of 18 (4524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmeng] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think your pug might have a problem with being left alone. It's most likely that he knows you're there and is just trying to get your attention so that he can be with you Smile

And I must agree that one of the best parts of dog ownership is when your dog greets you when you return home. I absolutely love the greeting! All that barking, tail-wagging, tounge licking... I doubt any other living thing would be THAT happy to see me! Angelic

-= Tisha =-

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 30, 2002, 3:19 AM

Post #13 of 18 (4509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmeng] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well.. bark..? No.. Sunny seldom bark.. almost barkless.. Angelic But he will scratch the door.. and makes some noise like baby.. and it really melts my heart. But.. I have to leave for work.. I just ignore him when Im ready for work.. But he is very smart.. whenever he notice im about to walk out frm the room.. he will surely run out from the room and waited me at the living hall... and wag his curly tail.. looks like he enjoy playing chasing.. Crazy Haha..

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

TohCS
Enthusiast

Aug 30, 2002, 5:17 AM

Post #14 of 18 (4505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sunny is really cute Smile

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
My fur kids....

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Aug 30, 2002, 5:13 PM

Post #15 of 18 (4498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

When you have MIB, you have to make sure that your wooden is protected with a layer of zinc sheet or else it will be deface in no time.Smile

margaret

Sep 4, 2002, 4:15 PM

Post #16 of 18 (4478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so pleased to see he is your shadow and obviously settled in well. I have just signed up and am cruising around your site having a look, surrounded by 4 of my flat faced curly tailed children. I am doing to 2 champ shows this coming weekend so I hope it is succesful and socially I know it will be a great weekend. Kindest regards. Margaret Burgess Australia/

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Sep 4, 2002, 8:47 PM

Post #17 of 18 (4468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [margaret] Me and my shadow.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for dropping by Margaret. Wish you all the best in the Champ Show this weekend. The coming Sunday will also be a busy day for me as I have entered my Flat Face Curly Tailed Kids for the Obedience Trial as well as Conformation Show (AKU -Asian Kennel Union) in KL.

Cheers

Jimmy0216
Novice

Sep 5, 2002, 11:59 PM

Post #18 of 18 (4440 views)
Shortcut

My Shi Tzu (Chino) always wait for me when I come home, he will laid infront of the door. He will then follows me or my wife whereever we go around the house. He likes to sit with us on the sofa, lick our face, want us to sayang him.

Another thing is that we notice is that he likes to be with human more than with his same kind.

He is the little cute fellow that need attention all the time. He likes to beg for food when we eat on the sofa, but he never does that we have dinner at the dinning table.

Tongue

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my