Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Embarrassing behaviour

May
Old Hand

Aug 26, 2003, 12:17 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1296 views)
Shortcut
Embarrassing behaviour Can't Post

Yesterday I brought my dog to exercise at a padang near our house. When she arrived at that place, she wagged her tail (I brought her there b4, she remembered it). Then she pooed and a few steps later she peed. I guess that is totally acceptable since she always pee or pooo or both whenever we bring her out.

We spent about 20 minutes at the padang but to my surprise, she peed nearly 10 times. She was territory marking that area. Luckily, besides us nobody else was around at that time. She never did that before. Is it normal for a bitch to do that eventhough she's spayed?

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2003, 12:34 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Embarrassing behaviour [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe she was too excited...then canot control her bladder?

lots of members here when their doggies excited also can pee a few times here n there wan

oh btw..did u pick up after your dog?.....later got boobie trap here n there n non doggie lovers might not like itTongue

May
Old Hand

Aug 26, 2003, 12:43 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Embarrassing behaviour [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I did.

She tends to get excited whenever she gets to go for a walk. Maybe cos we seldom take her out. All the while I tot only male dog will do that and not a female especially since she has been spayed.

Anyway I could correct her behaviour???

pretty72
Novice

Aug 16, 2005, 12:09 AM

Post #4 of 4 (950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Embarrassing behaviour [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes it isnt neccessarily "territory marking". Dogs communicate with each other with their urine. As strange as that sounds, they tell each other age, health, male or female, in heat , not in heat.... Even a spayed dog will experience a certain level of hormonal changes during the times when she would have normally gone into heat...

Unless it really bothers you, this type of behaviour is not anything to worry about or try to change!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my