Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Evil pup starting to pee.....

OwnerOfEvilPup
Novice

Aug 24, 2003, 11:36 AM

Post #1 of 4 (993 views)
Shortcut
Evil pup starting to pee..... Can't Post

Hey guys ur advice helps! But uhhh, I've run into a problem. I'm moving back to Philadelphia, PA(USA) and we went to the dump to throw out trash. We both got out of the car and we left the puppy in there for a minute or so. When we got back, THW WHOLE SEAT WAS WETFrown! That was NOT cool to sit on! YUCK! And then when we got home, I went out to get the mail. I come bacjk in there is a spot on the floor!! UGH!Unsure This is real sucky beacause she hasnt gone in the house or a few weeks! Everytime I think she FINALLY has the going-outside thing down, she goes in the house! What am i doing WRONG?!?Unimpressed Plus, shes just TOO attached to me! At night, her crate is next to my bed. Last night I went over to another bed(never used but VERY comfy) a few feet away & she went into a barking fit!! VERY UNCOOL! lol WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THESE PROBLEMS! O yes, I'll be starting school again in 2 days. How can I keep her from being bad & out of control while I'm gone?! Cause she has to realize it's OK to be alone...actually she isnt ever alone, she's with my sister or SOMEONE! But she barks non-stop when I leave. PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! Thanx guys!!Smile

~Melody

"If dog is man's best friend, then the Lab is his soul." ~unknown

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 24, 2003, 11:03 PM

Post #2 of 4 (986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OwnerOfEvilPup] Evil pup starting to pee..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I had the same problem with Ah Kow when I first got her. Anyway we tried out the things suggested by this book, "Naturally Healthy Dogs" by Dr Carol Osborne and her behaviour has really improved.Smile

Seperation Anxiety is a complex behavioural disorder that occurs in response to seperation from the person to whom the dog is most attached. Dogs with this disorder are often well behaved when the owner or family is at home, but when left alon they panic.

Signs include destructive behaviour (eg. chewing and digging), inappropriate barking and whining. Fourteen percent of dogs suffer from it.

What you can do:

1. Dogs with seperation anxiety cannot control their behaviour, and so should not be punished for it. Verbal punishments and demands can actually make your dog more anxious and make the problem worse. The addition of another dog usually does not help.

2. Techniques to control canine seperation anxiety include a programme of behavioural training that is simple and easy to follow. For instance you might want to aviod eleborate goodbyes (ignore your dog 30 mins before you leave) and leave a food-filled treat in your absence. When you come home, ignore your dog until it is quiet and relaxed. Avoid constant physical contact to encourage independance. Teach your dog to sit and stay in place, and praise its clam behaviour as you increase the distance between you, as well as the time spent being away. This helps it become independant and cope with being alone.

Hope this comes in handy and best of luck in training your pup.Smile

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

sweeeng
ALPHA

Aug 25, 2003, 5:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (977 views)
Shortcut

Sometimes talking to your dog will make her understand better.... and feel more at ease. Try it.

regards,
sweeeng

pomlove
Dog Kichi

Aug 27, 2003, 5:50 AM

Post #4 of 4 (963 views)
Shortcut

There are no EVIL dogs or puppies only uninformed owners!!! So get busy and get informed. I agree with the second post that you need to read up a little on dog behaviour and the idea of ignoring the dog before you leave and not making a big deal of coming and going is excellent.

You may need to have a lot more time to focus on the dog, not just playing with it or training it but learning about dog behaviour. What about the breeder? When I got my first girl I turned to the breeder every time, who would know the dog better than the breeder?

Good Luck and you can call me if you need to talk, send me an e-mail and I'll respond with my number lmlewis@ . If you are frustrated it is good to calm down before doing anything. Linda

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my