First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 17, 2003, 9:14 AM

Post #26 of 341 (16722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

hello surchinmy,

thanks for your concern and well wishes for Sparkle Smile Sparkle will be going for his first dip tomorrow. I'll be using the lemon solution on him too....plus some other herbs to help him get through this.

I didn't know so many had experiences with demo mange!! Anyway, I will post up when there's changes in him...

thanks again yah...hopefully when sparkle is well we'll see you at the next gathering. Then Sparkle can give you his thank you licks personally...Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 17, 2003, 11:58 PM

Post #27 of 341 (16718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Just a thought ... if the vet is applying the "medicated dip" on Sparkle - then maybe, do not do the "lemon solution" just yet ...

You need to let the "medicated dip" to stay on Sparkle for some days for the dip to work. Using the lemon solution to soon may wash away the medicated dip ...

Think a lot of doggies have demo mange ... just that many of us didn't know how to recognise it before ...

Once again ... all the best ...
Cheers

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 6:50 AM

Post #28 of 341 (16715 views)
Shortcut

Hi surchinmy, Smile

Sparkle went for his first dip today. Thanks for pointing that out. You're right about it....so now I'll just store it in an air tight container as suggested by Gina and keep it in the fridge until he's done with all his dips.

Yah, many don't know what Mange is. I didn't know what it was exactly before this too....but hopefully from our discussion here more will know about its symptoms and will be aware on the cures and prevention for Mange Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 9:50 AM

Post #29 of 341 (16707 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

just one more little thing ... after the medicated dip ... try not to let Sparkle use his mouth to scratch himself ... some dips are best not ingested (check with the vet) ...

*gosh* starting to sound like a nag ... Laugh ...

All the best to Sparkle ...

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 4:49 PM

Post #30 of 341 (16703 views)
Shortcut

haha...i thought so too so I decided to keep the e-collar on him. Prevents him from licking himself and from scratching.

bad news is last night when I fed him (had to hand feed him cause he just wouldn't eat or move much) he threw up everything after that. Including his antibiotics Unsure So after that he just didn't want to eat anymore.....i gave him some glucose water

Good news is this morning his eyes are not so inflammed and not in such an ugly fierce red colour...it's more pinkish now. Cool

Hopefully he gets through this fast....and thanks for your well wishes Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 5:53 PM

Post #31 of 341 (16702 views)
Shortcut

Oh ... sorry to hear that about Sparkle ...

Am sure you are monitoring Sparkle closely ... he is a young & small fella ...

Sparkle's reaction can be caused by so many things ... from a bad reaction to the antibiotic to his accidentally ingesting the dip or a combination ... etc ... very hard to say without seeing Sparkle ...

Many dips are by themselves poisons ... concentration & application has to be carefully monitored ... The effect of a dip depends on age/size of dog etc ... some dip solutions can be very strong ... and again depending on skin condition, may be absorbed ...

Neeways ... email if you wish to discuss anything ...

Keeping Sparkle in our thoughts ...

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 8:45 PM

Post #32 of 341 (16692 views)
Shortcut

Hey Michelle....sorry to hear about him throwing up but very good that his eye is looking much better than before! Pls keep us posted, hopefully he'll get much better by this weekend so you won't need to go for that 2nd dip.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 9:59 PM

Post #33 of 341 (16689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

YAh hopefully it keeps getting better...but today he's still refusing to eat. This morning don't want to eat. Then my mum fed him later he also don't want to eat. Don't want to drink glucose water also. Only ate apples.

I hope he doesn't need the 2nd dip also. Poor little thing. If you minus the fluffy fur he's actually very tiny u know...see him like this damn kek sim ler...

How's Ah Cuit's condition? Any better today?

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #34 of 341 (16688 views)
Shortcut

This morning still got the bumps on his back...will monitor him and see lor whether they'll subside this few days Unsure

I wanna rename him to "Garbage" liao Crazy

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 11:31 PM

Post #35 of 341 (16686 views)
Shortcut

aiyooo.....always tau sek until the mum has to 'koi seng' for him. Shocked

Dun worry la I'm sure once his body 'removes' the unwanted substance that's causing the bumps and pus it'll go. After all Ah Cuit takes so much stuff to 'pou' himself.

Use the lemon tonic thingy on him again lor...maybe it'll help. Sighhh doggies with skin problems very kesian ler...always going through one problem after another

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 5:29 PM

Post #36 of 341 (16680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Good news!!

Sparkle looks better this morning! At least now he can open his eyes properly liao (before his eyes were swollen so it was hard to open). He's still sleeping a lot which I think is good for him cause I think when he's awake he's feeling itchy. But he's a little more active now. Can jump and wag his tail with me this morning. I'm seeing more life coming back now...SmileSmile

The parts affected are now slowly drying up. The vet called to ask about him yesterday and he said that if he's recovering well he wants to skip the second dip. But still have to let him have a look this weekend

Well I think Sparkle's a strong little doggie. Even though he has no energy to get up to greet us he still wags his tail when he sees us. Cool

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #37 of 341 (16677 views)
Shortcut

Well done Sparkle ... keep going okay ... Smile

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 9:24 AM

Post #38 of 341 (16672 views)
Shortcut

That's wonderful news Michelle! Wow within a few days can see such difference that is really good....before you know it Sparkle will be back to his old fluffy self again Cool

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 4:45 PM

Post #39 of 341 (16666 views)
Shortcut

thanks gina! Cool Yeah we miss seeing that fluffy thing following us wherever we go...but it's going to be soon I hope. Today his eyes looks better than yesterday too..

And his appetite is back. Been giving him natural stuff. Chicken liver and chicken breast mixed with the 'wholesome herbs' Wink And a little kibble. Still continuing with the Echinacea & Astragalus, Brewer's Yeast and Nutricoat.

how's ah cuit coming along?

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 5:10 PM

Post #40 of 341 (16664 views)
Shortcut

Ah Cuit is ok too....bumps are almost gone, most of them hv dried up and now he is known as Crusty the Garbage Dog Laugh

So you hv started feeding raw? How was it for you and for him? Did he like the raw necks and did u manage to look at him eat without feeling grossed out? Tongue

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #41 of 341 (16659 views)
Shortcut

yay!! Good for Crusty...opps...I mean Ah Cuit Wink

I tried to feed raw but cannot la!!!!! Wahlau when I first held the chicken & pork liver I almost passed out!! It was like a chunk of gross red stuff with blood!! ARGHHHH i cannot forget that look!! I was holding the cold slimy geli stuff and the blood started dripping from my hands.......CrazyUnsure And I kept thinking....this was from a dead animal...u're holding the INSIDES of a chicken/pig!!

Like that how to feed??? Unsure

So what I do now is I use a plastic bag to hold the liver and dump the whole piece to a pot of hot water and I'll use kitchen scissors to cut it into tiny chunks. Only when it's quite cooked i'll use a spoon to scoop it up. Not so eeky like that. But it's medium rare la....hahaha not fully cooked can still see some blood Tongue

I have not started on chicken neck yet cause he was weak and didn't seem like he can chew. So I only gave him the liver and chicken breast. As for the breast, the raw meat smells ler....so I didn't give like that also. I steamed the breast meat with garlic and then campur with the cut up liver.

Served hot garnished with kibbles. Cool Sprinkle with the 'herbs' to make it more nutritious and then a dash of Nutrigel here and there.

Voila! And Little Sparkle loves it! kekekeke

Riccaval
ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 9:57 PM

Post #42 of 341 (16655 views)
Shortcut

SmileMichelle, glad to hear that Sparkle is getting better. The herbs that you are talking abt , is it the same one that I know. How much are you giving to him? and is the new hair really sprouting?
Appreciate the feedback. ThanksCool

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 11:58 PM

Post #43 of 341 (16654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrick Smile

Yes, it is! I give him one scoop (with the scoop given) everyday with his meals.

He was abit suspicious at the beginning and sniffed at his food for a long long time but I guess when he's hungry he has no choice but to take it all in! hehe

Yah, I see new hair sprouting here and there. Cool He looks like a chicken with the hair half pulled out (can imagine ah??) cause it's growing here and there and it's white summore! kekeke

When everything's more 'formal' u can be sure to hear more about it....Wink

Thanks Derrick!!

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 11:50 AM

Post #44 of 341 (16645 views)
Shortcut

Winkwow...so glad to hear sparkl all better lar

at least can open his eyes and all

u still wearing the e-collar for him arh?Wink

n the way u mention the 'herbs' so funny lar..ehehhe

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:02 PM

Post #45 of 341 (16642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

aiks Lona punya face pulak....hehe very cute ler!!

yep he's still wearing the lampshade Frown Takut he scratch

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #46 of 341 (16640 views)
Shortcut

I've heard once that they pour kerosene on it!!! OUCH!!!!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:59 PM

Post #47 of 341 (16639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

yah I know. I've had ppl advising me to ppour engine oil too Crazy

wlaiwan
Dog Kichi

Aug 21, 2003, 9:34 PM

Post #48 of 341 (16636 views)
Shortcut

Hi there

I have been following this thread.... I have had similar experiences with Sidnee.

She had mange and was prescribed dips every week. However, she reacted adversely to the dips. Probably due to the stress put on her. Her mange became worse and I had to shave her. Next she was on daily wipes with diluted Tahtic solution. It seemed to control her situation but at the same time I noticed her skin was turning hard. She was one unhappy fellow.Frown

The medicine (antibiotics etc) were making her drowsy, she slept day and night - not even a single woof from her. When she is awake, she seemed so blurr.

In the end, I took her entirely off medication and tried the lemon tonic mentioned in this thread. At the same time, I slowly introduce her to probiotics and fresh food. I blend all her veges (to aid digestion) and feed her raw meat. Recovery was slow but definite. Now she is mange free and from her last visit to the vet, she has been given a clean bill of health.

Yes, ocassionally I still see some bumps here and there, but she is happy now and she smells better. No more bad odour -urgh! the smell of demodex.

So, from what I see, adding fresh food helps a lot. A few weeks ago, Sidnee had diarrhea and the skin on her tail errupted again. I tried ointment recommended by vet for 2 days, no result. Then I squeeze some fresh lemon drops on her tail and viola! the next morning it dried up.

Maybe you want to give it a try?

Take Care
Regards from
wlaiwan, sidnee[wow], shino[woof] + rufus[grrrr]

(This post was edited by wlaiwan on Aug 21, 2003, 9:42 PM)

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 10:00 PM

Post #49 of 341 (16630 views)
Shortcut

ehheBlushWink thank u say she cute...better take from dad n put under my name first b4 he rampas..

oh lucky u din poor engine oil n kerosene...sound so dangerous lar

after he lick then how?...sumoe if accidently caught sparks then how also....FrownUnsure dunwanna think bout it

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 10:01 PM

Post #50 of 341 (16630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wlaiwan] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done ... Laugh ... Think you did a wonderful job on your doggie ...

We are also very relucatant to use dips ... It seems a little odd that we are told to use gloves because the dip is "poisonous" and then we have to pour this "poison" all over our dogs ... *argh* ...

What kind of probiotics are you using? ...

Once again ... well done ...

Cheers

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my